Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    My cats are both annoyed because I haven't finished their cat tower thingy yet. It is mostly constructed but requires a bit of bracing and wrapping things with sissal.

Hurry the fuck up god what are they paying you for?

Too damn hot right now, gotta mitre that shit and I don't feel like measurin'

In my old place I would just saw stuff in my bedroom and just not give a shit but I'm trying to be cleaner I guess.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    hello buttlords

you got your hard drive all workin n stuff?

no, on ipad still

:c

but you can't lol on an ipad :c
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    orchestra tuning is the greatest sound.

I want to hire Bergen Filharmoniske Orkester to stand in the field beneath my window and tune up every morning.
    xlh6c3.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    hello buttlords

no, on ipad still

but you can't lol on an ipad :c

I KNOW :C
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    hello buttlords

no, on ipad still

Synd couldn't help you? But he is a wizard
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    My cats are both annoyed because I haven't finished their cat tower thingy yet. It is mostly constructed but requires a bit of bracing and wrapping things with sissal.

Hurry the fuck up god what are they paying you for?

Too damn hot right now, gotta mitre that shit and I don't feel like measurin'

In my old place I would just saw stuff in my bedroom and just not give a shit but I'm trying to be cleaner I guess.

It looked like you had a porch or something you could do that on.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    hello buttlords

no, on ipad still

nothing to be done, hardware failure
    hello buttlords

no, on ipad still

nothing to be done, hardware failure

That's

What

She

:bz
  • HonkHonk Registered User regular
    If someone asks me to write something near two paragraphs, would like half a page or so be fine?
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    If someone asks me to write something near two paragraphs, would like half a page or so be fine?

Depends on the subject matter. No more then a page though.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Thread title makes me think of Inigo Montoya
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2013

In middle school and high school they were obsessed with impressing on us that a paragraph is AT LEAST FIVE SENTENCES

they told ME to stop doing that though because of my flagrant abuse of the semi colon that would stretch a 5 sentence paragraph into a page long monstrosity of grammar

Oh semicolon, you saucy wench. Do not fret; she knows what she did to deserve it.
    Hakkekage on

In middle school and high school they were obsessed with impressing on us that a paragraph is AT LEAST FIVE SENTENCES

they told ME to stop doing that thought because of my flagrant abuse of the semi colon

Oh semicolon, you saucy wench. Do not fret; she knows what she did to deserve it.

I am a huge proponent of abusing the fuck out of the semicolon when given a limit in sentences.
    xlh6c3.png
    Corehealer wrote: »

Depends on the subject matter. No more then a page though.

Free-form thoughts about a conference it is, I believe they will be putting it in somewhere in a newsletter where there's room on a page or so.
    Abdhyius wrote: »

they told ME to stop doing that thought because of my flagrant abuse of the semi colon

I am a huge proponent of abusing the fuck out of the semicolon when given a limit in sentences.

My clauses are independent but that doesn't mean they aren't fond of intimacy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E6M3i7IR1k

I am above average interested in our national dress. Very manly attribute, that.

also fun fact: according to husfliden, there's about $ 5 billion worth of bunads in Norway.
    xlh6c3.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I dunno what the english term for them is but interjected sentences - such as this one - is something I am overly fond of using.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    This background is about 800 words and I am just getting to some of the towns background numbers. Not sure if it is too long or not.
    falasig.png
    A lesson learned in home improvement is that every objective you set takes at least a full day or however many hours were left on a day.

I've painted the walls in three layers, I started every day on a different time - whenever I got free from work or uni. Every day finished randomly around midnight.

Went there before noon today to put in new skirting boards, finished at 10.30 pm.

they told ME to stop doing that though because of my flagrant abuse of the semi colon that would stretch a 5 sentence paragraph into a page long monstrosity of grammar

I fucking love semicolons. So rare, so choice.

Semicolons: so you can vomit ideas onto the page, classily

Alternatively, so you can type stream of consciousness nonsense while drunk or high and make it seem like you planned it that way
    I remember submitting an essay in high school that had five nested sentences in one sentence which got the comment "dude I know you're doing this just to fuck with me"
    xlh6c3.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I dunno what the english term for them is but interjected sentences - such as this one - is something I am overly fond of using.

I do this shit all the time
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

This post is amazingly attractive.

Like semicolons.

God I overuse them so much.
    edited May 2013
    Someone should compose the bible on a running sentence only separated by semicolons, and put it on one row of a side scrollable web page.
    Honk on
    I fear my writing skills have atrophied a bit

since I haven't written anything except two lab reports and one presentation about new developments in body armor in years
    xlh6c3.png
    Ok I'm choking the life out of my phone battery now time to cool it

Don't get too excited about punctuation without me, I will feel left out
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    don't know that I've ever used a semicolon
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    It's mother's day and I found out Netflix took off all the good Mitchell and Webb stuff I like.

DAMN YOU NETFLIX.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Look, I like semicolons

but you people are freaks
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

I've mostly relegated it to winky faces.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I will drop an occasional Oxford comma now and then
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Holy shit

To my knowledge, there has never been a recorded human culture without dogs.

We commonly acknowledge the fact that we've massively altered the evolution of dogs through artificial selection, but I think we underestimate the degree to which our own evolution has been determined by dogs. The truth is, we've likely been very significantly naturally selected to live alongside dogs.

We don't often think of dogs as necessary for our survival, but I think it's very possible that for the vast majority of human existence we've been completely unable to live without dogs, and this dependence has probably shaped our genes and behavior to a huge degree.

Dogs are literally a human cultural constant; an essential component of mankind.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    What is an Oxford comma
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I will drop an occasional Oxford comma now, and then

Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Winky wrote: »
    Holy shit

To my knowledge, there has never been a recorded human culture without dogs.

We commonly acknowledge the fact that we've massively altered the evolution of dogs through artificial selection, but I think we underestimate the degree to which our own evolution has been determined by dogs. The truth is, we've likely been very significantly naturally selected to live alongside dogs.

We don't often think of dogs as necessary for our survival, but I think it's very possible that for the vast majority of human existence we've been completely unable to live without dogs, and this dependence has probably shaped our genes and behavior to a huge degree.

Dogs are literally a human cultural constant; an essential component of mankind.

Dags for days
    G2Dcf.jpg
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I will drop an occasional Oxford comma now and then

Looking dis up on wikipedia has opened a new world for me.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

This is terrible; we cannot be friends.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I am reading the Nerf wiki and the amount of guns and accessories that are available is insane.
This discussion has been closed.