Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Huh, I would have guessed Jacob's thing as somewhere in the redneck dustbowl regions of spain.

that is my fault. I was pointing it at landmarks but between them were unkempt fields of long, bright-green grass.

In that case I would have guessed redneck fertile regions of spain.

I think it is the whitewashed wall with the terracotta coping.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the main lesson here is that all kinds of countries have terrible, awful places, not just america
    Per3th.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    the Yukon

I guessed Calgary. result: a paltry 1600 points.

okay, guessr, you win this round
    Oh my god.

You are not supposed to have one inside a restaurant?!

Like there are people eating and it is a closed room and no other nodes and what?

No van did this!

that happened to me! wtf! how is guessr even finding these in the first place??

There's a thing where you can go inside certain buildings on street view. I think it's intended as an advertising thing for the businesses concerned.

There is a super high end bike shop in London that did it. It involves a google employee and a very silly helmet.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Huh, I would have guessed Jacob's thing as somewhere in the redneck dustbowl regions of spain.

that is my fault. I was pointing it at landmarks but between them were unkempt fields of long, bright-green grass.

do spain's skies get that depressing-looking? I ruled out the mediterranean outright because of that
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    like i do not get why people are all over double fines dick so much

yes they come up with wacky and enchanting worlds that you don't see anywhere else

problem is they suck at putting videogames in those worlds
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    whoknowsmanwhoknows_zps2133112c.jpg
    Per3th.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Oh my god.

You are not supposed to have one inside a restaurant?!

Like there are people eating and it is a closed room and no other nodes and what?

No van did this!

that happened to me! wtf! how is guessr even finding these in the first place??

next picture is the obstetrics ward of a major american hospital, baby crowning, trying to identify the location by counting the number of rings on the baby's scalp
    the Yukon

I guessed Calgary. result: a paltry 1600 points.

okay, guessr, you win this round
    i guessed a place was in south brazil but it was in north brazil aka 2000 km away
    Per3th.jpg
    that one was mexico btw

right outside mexico city!
    Per3th.jpg
    edited May 2013
    oh my god this place is pretty tho

i want to live here
    Elendil on
    Per3th.jpg
    I got overconfident

thought I recognized an Irish road sign

turns out New Zealand has very similar ones
    I apparently can't tell North Carolina from Florida.

I was misled by the combination of blazing sunshine and christmas decorations. If it hadn't been for the american flags everywhere I would have guessed Australia.
    Elendil wrote: »
    that one was mexico btw

right outside mexico city!

one of my buddies spent six months in mexico city training low-wage mexican replacements for his department and he had to get to work every morning by leaving a heavily-guarded hotel and then playing frogger across a sixteen-lane freeway
    yesssss correctly guessed finland within 200 km
    Per3th.jpg
    first glimpse is just a blank white wall

this has promise
    Per3th.jpg
    ok, this place is sunny and busy, but a bus sign has a eurocement.ru advertisement

what is sunny and cheerful in russia and also on the continent of europe? someplace in the crimea?
    ggggghosts_zps3c898e84.jpg

oh god

this place is full of g-g-g-g-g-hooosts!
    Per3th.jpg
    ok, this place is sunny and busy, but a bus sign has a eurocement.ru advertisement

what is sunny and cheerful in russia
    do not understand the question
    Per3th.jpg

do spain's skies get that depressing-looking? I ruled out the mediterranean outright because of that

A lot of the mediterranean is pretty grey in the winter. Then really, really, wet in the spring.
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    I'm glad GeoGuessr is still making its rounds. :D
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Morning [chat] folks. Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend and Mother's Day. Wound up making the wife breakfast in bed consisting of french toast, bacon and eggs and dinner was homemade lasagna with strawberry shortcake for desert. :)
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i'm gonna be honest most of the russian ones i see the proper script and click somewhere on eurasia

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

what is sunny and cheerful in russia and also on the continent of europe? someplace in the crimea?

Kamchatka
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    ufo_zps6d3d5b87.jpg
    WHAT THE DICK

THAT IS STRAIGHT UP A UFO

IS THIS PLACE THE X-FILES
    Per3th.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    im a little upset with Brutal Legend right now

people were all saying the RTS elements were clunky and annoying and i wasnt seeing it because i was steaming through the game like a pro until this one boss fight where the game went all "HAHAHAHA NOPE"

starts off stupidly easy you gotta down two big towers, ok fine

problem is you down one of them and your enemy suddenly starts pumping out uber units like it's going out of style, even though i had all three resource points

its such bullshit and i want to complete the game but after trying and failing three times to this horseshit boss fight i am now considering dropping it forever

and i was having so much fun too

I wanted to love it. I really did, being a metal head myself. The RTS stuff is just so bad though. I couldn't get past it.
    Hmmm.
    Jn8rtW7.jpg

*turns around*
    S7rZY40.jpg

Oh come on.
    i'm not even guessing this place anymore

i'm just wandering around looking for bigfoot
    Per3th.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Oh man, just had a blackberry smothered bagel.

Delicious.
    FUCK YES

lonely forest road somewhere hot, flattish and dusty

it took me a few dozen clicks to find any signs of human life and it was a double-wide trailer with nice paint job and fancy siding

I guessed southern Missouri, it turned out to be Arkansas, less than 500km away
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    When all else fails, guess Australia.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm.
    Jn8rtW7.jpg

*turns around*
    S7rZY40.jpg

Oh come on.

Road markings indicate somewhere where the convention is to drive on the left. Don't think there are many of those.

EDIT: Got to be Australia or Southern Africa, I think.
    japan on
    @japan my guess is South Africa
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    huh

for the first time

I am getting positive results

that is, when I had thought that I had stably negative results and was already writing shit up

GOD WHY DO YOU TOY WITH ME
    Wow, that's the highest scoring guess I've seen ever Jacob.
    edited May 2013
    Casual wrote: »
    im a little upset with Brutal Legend right now

people were all saying the RTS elements were clunky and annoying and i wasnt seeing it because i was steaming through the game like a pro until this one boss fight where the game went all "HAHAHAHA NOPE"

starts off stupidly easy you gotta down two big towers, ok fine

problem is you down one of them and your enemy suddenly starts pumping out uber units like it's going out of style, even though i had all three resource points

its such bullshit and i want to complete the game but after trying and failing three times to this horseshit boss fight i am now considering dropping it forever

and i was having so much fun too

I wanted to love it. I really did, being a metal head myself. The RTS stuff is just so bad though. I couldn't get past it.

The RTS bits were clunky it's true (it's a console game with RTS elements, clunky comes with the territory) but i was still having fun with it until it decided to go pants on head with the difficulty curve

the most frustrating thing is that it isn't fighting better than me, or getting more ground or using better tactics

it's just being given a stupid amount of free uber units because i hit a point where an upscale in difficulty is triggered, which in theory is fine (if lazy game design) but for fucks sake be reasonable about the amount of free units you give to the AI double fine

what am i supposed to do when resources and squad caps and build times no longer apply to the enemy and still apply to me?

my fun train with the game has been completly derailed
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    edited May 2013
    I think this road is parallel to a railway - electrified, looks reasonably modern.

I guessed Queensland in Australia, but it turned out to be near Fochville, outside Johannesburg.

EDIT: By which I mean, of course, that Jacob was right and Henroid has failed me FOR THE LAST TIME
    japan on
    y10rVnT.png

i used to live there!
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
This discussion has been closed.