Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    This lady is also asking if I've looked into other avenues for improving my Japanese language abilities, which is her main concern

ma'am you are aware I am living in Japan right now

I am getting immersion'd
    Nah man you should try Rosetta Stone.

I hear it's really good.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    my no moving game did surprisingly well at 11049 points

my biggest miss was mistaking a mountain road in northern Norway for one in Switzerland

I got a place in Southern Brazil to within 400km though
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    I've heard arguments that Rosetta Stone can be pretty good for non-Asian languages, actually
    turtlesig.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    simonwolf she wants the D.
    I've heard arguments that Rosetta Stone can be pretty good for non-Asian languages, actually
    It was designed with Spanish in mind IIRC. Apparently it's quite good for that.

But learning non-romance languages?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    16228 with moving around and googling the things I find (Radio Nuevo Leon, a shopping centre in Cancun, a Quebecois estate agent, and the aforementioned shrine thing).

At least I managed to get the correct country each time this time.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    stahp jacob

stahp

come back toward the light

this is an intervention
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    The trial is fucking atrocious for French.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    So my web host moved servers around MORE THAN TWO WEEKS AGO meaning my site has been down since then.

Grade A incompetent clusterfuck.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Also to be fair I could have racked that score right up, but I'm generally happy enough with finding the right municipality and/or urban area, even if I've figured out the street address.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Geez I'm writing this paper for this play and I guess the teacher thinks that we're supposed to think that the protagonist is a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN and make a head snapping motion while saying "you go girl" because she leaves her husband and children after what is apparently the first fight in the entire marriage

this lady is a horrible person but the professor seems to think she's the bees knees, even if you're a strong feminist women aren't always the hero in a story if they stick it to the patriarchy

"yeahh, fuck my kids, they're shackles holding me into servitude! I never want to see them again" *applause*

no comment
    turtlesig.jpg
    Ignoring the media influence, how difficult do ESL people feel English is to learn?

I imagine the grammar is easy but the vocab / little dumb rules are hard.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Spent my first night at the new place.
    Slept like a baby.
    Right through the alarm....
    And still got to work 15 minutes early.
    Love the new drive
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Geez I'm writing this paper for this play and I guess the teacher thinks that we're supposed to think that the protagonist is a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN and make a head snapping motion while saying "you go girl" because she leaves her husband and children after what is apparently the first fight in the entire marriage

this lady is a horrible person but the professor seems to think she's the bees knees, even if you're a strong feminist women aren't always the hero in a story if they stick it to the patriarchy

"yeahh, fuck my kids, they're shackles holding me into servitude! I never want to see them again" *applause*
    nora is great you hater
    Per3th.jpg

no comment

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE
    Elendil wrote: »

nora is great you hater

Nora sucks and Torvald sucks and Krogstad sucks

Nora has like, absolutely no redeeming qualities even if her husband is an idiot
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    medea is the best feminist of all time tho
    Per3th.jpg
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Spent my first night at the new place.
    Slept like a baby.
    Right through the alarm....
    And still got to work 15 minutes early.
    Love the new drive

Time to adjust that alarm.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I ain't no joke, I used to let the mic smoke
    Now I slam it when I'm done to make sure it's broke
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Help

I'm being harassed

By a small orange cat
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Help

I'm being harassed

By a small orange cat

f8d4f_550px-Stop-a-Cat-from-Biting-and-Scratching-Step-16.jpg
    ?
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Help

I'm being harassed

By a small orange cat

in the work place?

sue his mysoginistic ass
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Ignoring the media influence, how difficult do ESL people feel English is to learn?

It was east for md but I'm brilliant.
    Okay, re-reading her email, she essentially seems to be saying that she'll talk with her boss about being my supervisor, but she wants to be sure that I've done my research and have investigated other universities before I submit my application

as though I won't be applying to multiples regardless
    turtlesig.jpg
    hmm last day of poli sci do I want to go

or do I already know how the supreme court functions
    Organichu wrote: »

It was east for md but I'm brilliant.

*nods*
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    11000 points second go!
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Augh, I sleep so well, i have a lot of trouble getting up in the morning.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    desert, trailer homes, English signs, weird-looking pyramidal Christian church, okay, this is obviously the American Southw-

wait a minute

weird-looking road sign

NICE TRY SOUTH AFRICA
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Augh, I sleep so well, i have a lot of trouble getting up in the morning.
    I routinely wake up an hour before I need to get out of bed. It's pretty rubbish as I'm still tired.
    edited May 2013
    ujcVLXU.png?1

suck it, nerds
    simonwolf on
    turtlesig.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Sleep is the best.
    I have no food or drink nor TV or computer set up in my new place. All I have is a bed and couch.
    I will be doing a lot of sleeping
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My acceptable chat thread has allowed me to breech 1000 awesomes!

Don't zoom out or they'll realize what state you're in and laugh at you maniacally.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I mean it depends entirely on what we think the game is supposed to be testing

I mean frankly if it's just selecting street view coordinates at random the odds suggest we're most likely to end up on some remote road going through a deciduous forest or flat plains in canada, the US, europe, or russia. is it testing our ability to discern one forest path from another? it's not like the resolution is good enough to figure out the exact species of tree!

if it's testing our ability to suss out clues and cultural context, I think moving down the road looking for signs and actual human beings is fair play.

Generally you can recognize - roughly - where you are solely based on the trees and the look of the land and the shrubbery

I notice when it's different but a lot of the time I just don't know what place in the world looks this way.
    xlh6c3.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    My acceptable chat thread has allowed me to breech 1000 awesomes!

I bet if i ever make the chat thread, i'll be more likely to be infracted than awesomed.

Such is my cross to bear.
    and another at 0.027km for 6477 points

me am best at game
    turtlesig.jpg
    you geography nerds.
This discussion has been closed.