Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    mOOk0Bn.png

4 out of 5 I was within a single km

the brazil one got me because I foolishly googled the name of the business on the side of a truck, not thinking it could have been 1500km away

Googling names? You blaggart, sir.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    now a no-research, no-moving game

I was deposited on a dirt track next to a sheep pen by the seaside

I immediately guessed Wales

it was Normandy but I regret nothing
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Cut myself shaving, at a place where a pimple was healing. It's kind of better now? Like it looks healed over but there is a mass under the skin and it's still tender after a week.

Dying y/n

y

flesh eating virus has found its way into your face

expect agonising death within days
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Cut myself shaving, at a place where a pimple was healing. It's kind of better now? Like it looks healed over but there is a mass under the skin and it's still tender after a week.

Dying y/n
    Scriabin was small and reportedly frail throughout his life. At the age of 43, he died in Moscow from septicemia, contracted as a result of an infected boil on his lip or shaving cut.
    y
    Elendil on
    Per3th.jpg
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Easiest way to tell Chinese and Japanese signs apart is to look for anything other than the complex characters thrown in the mix

if there is, you've got yourself a Japan there, mister

I cannot recognize the difference.

But I do know japanese roofs.

Essentially, if you see anything written with curves (and possibly in a single stroke), it's Japanese
    I have wowed my co-workers with the ability to tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Korean.

I secretly think they are blind. they all look radically different.

japanese and chinese aren't radically different

korean though is super distinctive
    Japanese has so much more whitespace than Chinese.

But they use the same characters sometimes right? Irregardless just look for how much whitespace there is in the characters.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    chinese looks like japanese and they share characters but 95%+ of the time the chinese is super dense compared to japanese

korean is lol-circles

that's about all you need to know
    Is there any way to share a particular pic on geoguessr?
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    It was my birthday Saturday!

So no more health insurance.
    eokNV.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    It was my birthday Saturday!

So no more health insurance.

does that mean you are 26?

happy birthday, mushroom hippy
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Yes. Thanks, hedgehog
    eokNV.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    same exact location again.
    xlh6c3.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Is there any way to share a particular pic on geoguessr?

I don't think so. I was trying to figure this out earlier because I really wanted to have a look at Elendil's UFO, but the sharing links all dump you at the start of a new game instead of letting you share a particular location.

Hence the screenshots.
    Japanese is easy-peasy.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    place_zps79e36db9.jpg
    i don't know where this place is

but it's cool as hell
    Per3th.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Japanese is easy-peasy.

hoo boy
    turtlesig.jpg
    indochina
    xlh6c3.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    am i the only one slightly amused by the fact a troll thread about healthcare has turned into an actual discussion about healthcare

like, lol WTF opposite day all up in here
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Is that daft punk album out yet or what

Where is that MBV one also
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    mOOk0Bn.png

4 out of 5 I was within a single km

the brazil one got me because I foolishly googled the name of the business on the side of a truck, not thinking it could have been 1500km away

Googling names? You blaggart, sir.

@japan and I were specifically seeing how well we could do if we did meticulous research
    it was in honduras

i should have posted the other side of that view

just these gorgeous mountains and almost electric blue river
    Per3th.jpg
    desc wrote: »

the mbv one came out like three months ago

it's called mbv
    Per3th.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    it was in honduras

i should have posted the other side of that view

just these gorgeous mountains and almost electric blue river

it was electric blue because it was full of eels.
    every time I get someplace that looks like a Tintin comic I guess Montenegro or Moldova
    depressing and buried in snow

sounds like eastern europe

*within 200 km*
    Per3th.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Does anyone happen to know if there's a chance of the Bank of England raising its interest rates in the next two, three or five years? I'm looking at mortgage options.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I am not going to play your game (you rogues) because I am shit at geography
    Casual wrote: »
    am i the only one slightly amused by the fact a troll thread about healthcare has tunred into an actual discussion about healthcare

like, lol WTF opposite day all up in here

when the holy powers of modship are bestowed, the prospective moderator is called before Tube

there, it is asked if he will teach this one the ways of moderating forumers

and Tube says no

when my teaching is done, you will understand that the forumers moderate themselves

now prune my bonsai
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    I just hit a desert, burnt sand, scrubland, nothing to be seen

I guessed South Australia

Brazil!
    turtlesig.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well, I have kick started my first boardgame.

It looks like it will hit its stretch goal for some extra wooden components, but not for the 12 bonus cards to expand the game.

The last one seems like a bit of an odd kick starter goal. Either the game should be balanced with those 12 cards in mind or not, I would think. Unless they are just purely to add some kind of variant flavor.

Kickstarting is weird.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Does anyone happen to know if there's a chance of the Bank of England raising its interest rates in the next two, three or five years? I'm looking at mortgage options.

Realistically they can't go down, so the only thing that can happen is that they stay the same or go up.

Personally I would be willing to pay a bit more for a fixed rate, within reason.
    My options are
    2.59% fixed for two years
    2.99% fixed for three years
    3.19% fixed for five years

So I'd like some macroeconomic genius to explain whether I should keep a single fixed rate for as long as possible or go for the absolute lowest.
    15711 on my no-moving game

it helped that one deposited me directly in front of the Key West Art Museum
    I just hit a desert, burnt sand, scrubland, nothing to be seen

I guessed South Australia

Brazil!

brazil, australia and south africa can all go eat a dick
    xlh6c3.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    I used to play a game with some friends where they would find overhead images of buildings the knew in real life (mostly Google earth pics) and I would try and draw the floorplan.

It's actually pretty easy once you learn a few design facts. There's always a back door to the kitchen because people want the shortest route possible when carrying groceries, and the bathrooms and water heaters are usually placed in relation to the kitchen because that's where the water main usually comes up.
    My options are

So I'd like some macroeconomic genius to explain whether I should keep a single fixed rate for as long as possible or go for the absolute lowest.

I was told that you should generally plan to remortgage after five years, whatever you do. What happens to the rate after the fixed period? Some of them leap up dramatically (if it changes to a variable rate they may not actually be able to tell you what their variable rate will be for the particular product in two or three years time) and some change to a relatively sane tracker arrangement.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

the mbv one came out like three months ago

it's called mbv

Is it only import cd? Looking for mp3s and not seeing anything on amazon.
    SammyF wrote: »
    I used to play a game with some friends where they would find overhead images of buildings the knew in real life (mostly Google earth pics) and I would try and draw the floorplan.

It's actually pretty easy once you learn a few design facts. There's always a back door to the kitchen because people want the shortest route possible when carrying groceries, and the bathrooms and water heaters are usually placed in relation to the kitchen because that's where the water main usually comes up.

http://goo.gl/maps/7szWT

alright, go
    xlh6c3.png
    japan wrote: »
    My options are

I was told that you should generally plan to remortgage after five years, whatever you do. What happens to the rate after the fixed period? Some of them leap up dramatically (if it changes to a variable rate they may not actually be able to tell you what their variable rate will be for the particular product in two or three years time) and some change to a relatively sane tracker arrangement.

In all cases they then go to the standard tracker mortgage (currently 4.79%), which tracks depending on the Bank of England.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    My options are

You cant get a fixed rate for the life of the loan?
    the fuck?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
This discussion has been closed.