Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    My options are
    2.59% fixed for two years
    2.99% fixed for three years
    3.19% fixed for five years

So I'd like some macroeconomic genius to explain whether I should keep a single fixed rate for as long as possible or go for the absolute lowest.

You cant get a fixed rate for the life of the loan?
    the fuck?

It's a mortgage. I've never heard of anyone being able to get a mortgage that fixes their rate for longer than five years.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My options are

So I'd like some macroeconomic genius to explain whether I should keep a single fixed rate for as long as possible or go for the absolute lowest.

the fuck?

Mortgages have gotten significantly less generous since the Subprime clustercuss. Maybe in five years they'll be more generous...
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well, I have kick started my first boardgame.

It looks like it will hit its stretch goal for some extra wooden components, but not for the 12 bonus cards to expand the game.

The last one seems like a bit of an odd kick starter goal. Either the game should be balanced with those 12 cards in mind or not, I would think. Unless they are just purely to add some kind of variant flavor.

Kickstarting is weird.

if i kickstart my game, the cards will be a stretch goal. All the cards.

:P
    And I took out my mortgage right in the middle of the cheap credit frenzy.
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    My options are

the fuck?
    Mortgages in the UK are like giving the banks a solid running kick at your balls.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    My options are

the fuck?

It's a mortgage. I've never heard of anyone being able to get a mortgage that fixes their rate for longer than five years.

Now you have.
    It's called a "Fixed Rate Mortgage"
    USA
    USA
    USA
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    every part of my new computer has shipped and will arrive tomorrow

EXCEPT the power supply

I need to call the place and see if I can cancel the order of the power supply and order from amazon so I don't have to wait extra days!
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My Parents' mortgage frequently went above 15% in the 80's and 90's. I can't really complain.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The way the founding fathers are revered in the US is strage to me. Sometimes it seems almost cult-like.

Have you ever been to the capital? Apparently some dude tried to make them into some new Greek pantheon. And there are paintings and art made just for that.

No, but I want to. Perhaps I should visit my own capital first, though.

You've never been to Munich?

@Tav

Good sir, I will cut you.
    My options are

the fuck?

Now you have.
    USA
    USA
    USA
    There are things I don't like about the US.

But the fact you guys actually build houses? Miles ahead of the UK.
    Also your mortgage rights iirc.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

EXCEPT the power supply

I need to call the place and see if I can cancel the order of the power supply and order from amazon so I don't have to wait extra days!

You decided to build your own computer?

i'm so proud of you.

Also, may you have decent temps. May your computer not catch fire.

Be sure to install the heatsink properly. Srsly... That shit is important.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    So who was that Buddha73 guy? Seems he's an alt but looks like the main account got wise to "liking" what he posted and unliked it?

The purpose to the alt as near as I can tell was to cheat at phalla. The sock puppeting on conservative talking points while rejecting any independently sourced fact that contradicted Fox News was simply the bridge to far that got him busted.

I don't want to say this makes him worse than Hitler, I'm just saying that it's kind of unfortunate that SurealityCheck posted a tasteful, well-done vag pic and got hit with the same penalty as the dude who was worse than Hitler.

Puns obviously intended.

Who was it though? Also man, how lame is it to cheat at a fucking online board game?
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    @Elendil don't leave us hanging, where was that
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I used to play a game with some friends where they would find overhead images of buildings the knew in real life (mostly Google earth pics) and I would try and draw the floorplan.

It's actually pretty easy once you learn a few design facts. There's always a back door to the kitchen because people want the shortest route possible when carrying groceries, and the bathrooms and water heaters are usually placed in relation to the kitchen because that's where the water main usually comes up.

http://goo.gl/maps/7szWT

alright, go

I'll give it a try once I am not on my phone because that image looks like ass. Once I have better resolution I should be able to figure out where the service entrance for both restaurants are located, at which point game on.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

It looks like it will hit its stretch goal for some extra wooden components, but not for the 12 bonus cards to expand the game.

The last one seems like a bit of an odd kick starter goal. Either the game should be balanced with those 12 cards in mind or not, I would think. Unless they are just purely to add some kind of variant flavor.

Kickstarting is weird.

Hehehe. I'd break my rule of not kickstarting stuff for you.

The only reason I am breaking my rule about kickstarting stuff for this game is because pretty much the only way to secure a copy of this game is going to be via the kickstarter. Outside of the kickstarter there are only going to be a few copies of the game at a convention in Essen and a few copies on an online store, but who knows if I can order one in time (and I don't think they intend to ship to Japan from that store). If they ever do a second print of the game, and it is a big if, the developer says it would be in 2015 at the soonest.

So kickstarting is the only sure way for me to get this game.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I just realized that "burning bush" sounds like a euphemism for like crotch lice or something.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Elendil don't leave us hanging, where was that

apparently the universe folds up around itself somewhere just east of Austin Texas
    Per3th.jpg
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    The way the founding fathers are revered in the US is strage to me. Sometimes it seems almost cult-like.

Have you ever been to the capital? Apparently some dude tried to make them into some new Greek pantheon. And there are paintings and art made just for that.

No, but I want to. Perhaps I should visit my own capital first, though.

You've never been to Munich?

@Tav

Good sir, I will cut you.

I loled

EXCEPT the power supply

i'm so proud of you.

I am p sure the heatsink and stuff is preinstalled

Kickstarting is weird.

The only reason I am breaking my rule about kickstarting stuff for this game is because pretty much the only way to secure a copy of this game is going to be via the kickstarter. Outside of the kickstarter there are only going to be a few copies of the game at a convention in Essen and a few copies on an online store, but who knows if I can order one in time (and I don't think they intend to ship to Japan from that store). If they ever do a second print of the game, and it is a big if, the developer says it would be in 2015 at the soonest.

What kinda boardgame is it?
    My options are

the fuck?
    Mortgages in the UK are like giving the banks a solid running kick at your balls.

Goddamn.

I would literally rather be homeless.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I need a reallllyyyy cheap TV stand and Computer Desk and we don't have an IKEA here.
    Fuck Alabamaaaaaaaa
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    hey guys are we still geoguessring?

aWC2VhT.png

EXCEPT the power supply

i'm so proud of you.

Ah?

Maybe the paste is on the heatsink, but you gotta put the heatsink on the processor after you put the processor in the motherboard, I think. It's easy, but you absolutely have to follow the instructions.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Argh

Updated UPS says Wednesday delivery for Maschine

THANKS HILLARY
    My options are

the fuck?

Now you have.
    USA
    USA
    USA

Are they a decent deal, though?

The usual thing here is that a fixed rate for a limited period is to protect you from interest rate increases, and not completely fuck you if interest rates drop. My gut feeling is that a lifetime fixed rate would either be relatively high or come with swingeing exit penalties.

Kickstarting is weird.

It's an uhh.....

2-5 player hybrid deck building worker placement game with a bidding system, hidden allegiances, asymmetric factions, vampires, zombies, set in a cthulhu inspired setting written by Neil Gaiman.

So... it is a rather unique boardgame, I would say.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I used to play a game with some friends where they would find overhead images of buildings the knew in real life (mostly Google earth pics) and I would try and draw the floorplan.

It's actually pretty easy once you learn a few design facts. There's always a back door to the kitchen because people want the shortest route possible when carrying groceries, and the bathrooms and water heaters are usually placed in relation to the kitchen because that's where the water main usually comes up.

alright, go

I'll give it a try once I am not on my phone because that image looks like ass. Once I have better resolution I should be able to figure out where the service entrance for both restaurants are located, at which point game on.

as helpful start, I can tell you there's seven restaurants/bars.
    xlh6c3.png

Kickstarting is weird.

It's an uhh.....

2-5 player hybrid deck building worker placement game with a bidding system, hidden allegiances, asymmetric factions, vampires, zombies, set in a cthulhu inspired setting written by Neil Gaiman.

Now you're just making shit up to make it seem like the best game.

Shame on you, inqui!

EXCEPT the power supply

i'm so proud of you.

Ah?

Maybe the paste is on the heatsink, but you gotta put the heatsink on the processor after you put the processor in the motherboard, I think. It's easy, but you absolutely have to follow the instructions.

oh, huh

I figured it all came together, but I guess you're right

Kickstarting is weird.

It's an uhh.....

Now you're just making shit up to make it seem like the best game.

Shame on you, inqui!

No really!

It's like, A Few Acres of Snow, but with more players, but based off of this: http://www.neilgaiman.com/mediafiles/exclusive/shortstories/emerald.pdf
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    My options are

the fuck?

Goddamn.

I would literally rather be homeless.
    Unless I win the lottery or save for a very long time I will never be able to afford a house in my home town.

• DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    My options are

the fuck?

Now you have.
    USA
    USA
    USA

Are they a decent deal, though?

The usual thing here is that a fixed rate for a limited period is to protect you from interest rate increases, and not completely fuck you if interest rates drop. My gut feeling is that a lifetime fixed rate would either be relatively high or come with swingeing exit penalties.

Slightly higher, around 3.25%, but that's guaranteed for 30 years.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    edited May 2013

EXCEPT the power supply

i'm so proud of you.

Ah?

oh, huh

Don't worry, you just have to remember one thing:

You don't know better than the instructions.

Also, if you don't have extra heatsink paste, you will want to be extra careful because then, you only have one shot... I think.
    21stCentury on
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    4 times. 4 times the puppy woke me up last night. I kinda feel bad for my neighbors because she's a yammerer and barks when she needs to go outside.

I'm not really angry or upset because I'd rather the puppy go outside than in my condo, but my arms are sore as shit from running down 3 flights of stairs while holding the puppy to ensure that it doesn't go in my building.

She's becoming a real pro at going up and down stairs now though. I wish I could bring her to work, I miss her and I'm worried about her.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant

alright, go

as helpful start, I can tell you there's seven restaurants/bars.

See what I usually do is count the number of bins, the number of AC or heater vents, then guess that the kitchens and service entrances are all on the same side, and the bathrooms are probably sharing a wall between restaurants, but it's mostly an orange blur on my phone right now.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

EXCEPT the power supply

i'm so proud of you.

Ah?

oh, huh

1337 with thermal paste!
    *shakes fist*
    I WARNED YOU SKIPPY
    I WARRRRRNEEEDDD YOUUUUU
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    My options are

the fuck?

O_o

This must be a UK thing or something. In the US a fixed rate mortgage is the norm. Mine is 30 year 5.5% fixed (and yeah I need to refi). My parents had a fixed rate, my in-laws had a fixed rate, all my cousins that aren't idiots have fixed rates
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    I mean, the game could suck huge floppy donkey dick, the balance could be terrible or the gameplay could be clunky.

Which is why I hate the idea of kickstarting a boardgame and would much rather have it come out normally and wait for people to review it and stuff.

But, it is basically Martin Wallace taking another crack at what he started in A Few Acres of Snow, which is probably my favorite boardgame, with a neat theme.

So I wants it.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
This discussion has been closed.