Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[MOBA] league and dota and smite and qtpie

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    i prefer being in a 1v1 lane haha
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Having a single target to kill/outfarm/bully makes it a lot easier to feel like you're contributing than having to keep tabs on every lane at once and know if they need help and if help would actually help.
    Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    That makes sense. I've been doing a lot of ganking as Xblanque, then. Always fun to jump onto a lane behind the enemy while they're already engaged with your team.
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    it can be really frustrating when calling for a gank and your ally moves behind you to come at the enemy from the front

the concept of a sneak attack is completely foreign to them
  • DruhimDruhim Usagi's cuddlefish Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I love it in LoL when your jungler keeps calling out ganks and then completely whiffs them over and over.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    oh my god those dodges
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif
    any top play that features a Juke Counter(tm) is fine by me
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Smite had a replay function like that. Or is that produced by someone spectating the match and recording that?
    it has replays, it just doesn't record a replay for every game

generally it records the matches of highly ranked players, and any match that is spectated by an outside party
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Nikolai wrote: »
    holy shit, rengar where have you been all my life.

cat_rengar_by_inkinesss-d5efg34.jpg

this is actually @Sara Lynn irl

This makes me want to main Rengar and I've never played him.

I'll try and play him today, I tried Elise earlier but she is.. different.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie gem flipping just to get by stack your billions till they get sky highRegistered User regular
    rengar is ferocious

but only if you buy sotd!
    Rengar is also really squishy.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    he is not squishy at all if you want
    zen he is working under the assumption that we are going with the rengar meta and buying sotd
    Sure, you can build more health on him at the cost of dps. But especially early on, you have to decide whether you want more dps or more sustain which will really hurt your dps. I'm not saying he can't be a beast late game and I'm no expert on him, but the dude is hella squishy for a melee champ that doesn't really have an escape aside from his ult.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Also his passive is kind of lame.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    His passive owns what
    i don't even know what rengar does but buy sotd on him ok
    His passive owns if your opponents are dumb enough to let you ambush them from bushes constantly.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    that is a descriptive video title
    That's a fair point. His passive can be really useful for escaping provided there's an enemy minion to leap to nearby. But my original point that he's super squishy is still true. Not saying he's a bad champ. He can def become scary late game with good items. Just saying, dude is easy to kill if he doesn't have an escape.
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    He does a lot of base damage and can still murder RADs without big damage

His W is a big armor/MR steroid/heal

If you build him squishy then yes he'll die
  • NikolaiNikolai HHHEHEHE That one tasted purpleRegistered User regular
    Dude rengars passive owns bones.
    2m4q7lt.png
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    I play HoN. You guys play HoN? I like HoN. We should HoN.
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn Registered User regular
    Nothing impressive, at all, but I'm always proud of myself when I actually fulfill the role of carry.
    TdKukyg.jpg
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Polar Warbear ˁ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ˀRegistered User regular
    Hon more like gone

Because nobody plays it anymore
    1AgQz.png
    i have a friend who plays a ton of hon with his different group of friends

idgi
    ahahahahaha hon
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    it has replays, it just doesn't record a replay for every game

generally it records the matches of highly ranked players, and any match that is spectated by an outside party

I forgot about that. I was wondering why it had now had replays available for some of my matches when I never play competitive.
    Steam: Karoz | Uplay: Renegade_Karoz | SMITE: Karoz
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Polar Warbear ˁ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ˀRegistered User regular
    Like I can see why people would prefer it over League, even if I don't agree with their reasoning (it is closer to dota) but now that dota2 is around there is no reason to play hon anymore.
    1AgQz.png
    there is a reason

if you enjoy playing s2's broken ass heroes
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Wow, I didn't think anyone could have had a closer daily match than I did. I just solo'd the queue and, despite my protestations ("MOR THOR") we ended up doing 3 Zeuses and the other team did 3 Thors. We were desperately behind the entire game until we surged forward at the end and beat them by two points.

I love the sound of my own voice.

This was a pretty fun game, too. =D

Edit: HAHAHAHA, I forgot I sang the Cleveland show theme for this one.
    sarukun on
  • NikolaiNikolai HHHEHEHE That one tasted purpleRegistered User regular
    ughh these random queues are killing me
    2m4q7lt.png
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    Hon more like gone

Because nobody plays it anymore
    A shame.
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
    never play with randoms

never

ever
  • SoaLSoaL Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Nikolai wrote: »
    holy shit, rengar where have you been all my life.

cat_rengar_by_inkinesss-d5efg34.jpg

this is actually @Sara Lynn irl

This makes me want to main Rengar and I've never played him.

I'll try and play him today, I tried Elise earlier but she is.. different.

TONIGHT... WE HUNT