Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I'll take the beta invite if anyone wants to pass one on. May as well take a look at the shiney.

Sent.
  • ExcisionExcision Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    Dahkath wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

The gamification of something we had already applied gamification rules to.

We're through the looking glass here people...

Not meta enough. I want a game where we trade actual steam accounts, where the account is given an aggregate value based upon it's (total games owned * hours played) / (# of steam friends + gifts given).

Your equation is flawed. It punishes Classiness. Out of the thread! Out!

The lower the score the better, you know, like golf!

camo_sig2.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    If you get the Beta access invites in your inventory, you don't need to redeem one yourself, correct?

First three to PM me get invites.
    ArcSyn on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan)
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Not even gonna look at that card game.

Nope.

I am but a man.

I will take solace in my TF2-less and Dota-less identity.

And sit upon my throne of denial.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Apparently I am level 4.

I have no idea how this works. I'm guessing I just play the game in question and it will pass me a card on occasion? But it seems each game is limited and you can't complete a whole set. Which means you'll have to trade with someone who doesn't want whatever the set gives but still plays enough of the game to get card drops? That seems, off.
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I will jump on this giving stuff away bandwagon. I have 4 DOTA2 invites and 1 nuclear dawn gift if anyone wants them.
    steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    In case this was missed, the latest Groupees Be Mine Bundle (here) is an amazing value. Blood Bowl Legendary, Drakensang, Fairy Bloom Fresia and Patrician IV + Expansion.

And with that said - I have a key for Blood Bowl Legendary if any one wants it just send me a PM or message me on Steam.

From the Steam page, it appears to be football but with orcs and SecuROM?
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Guess I'm replaying Portal 2 tonight!

I'm level 10. And my Golden Potato is where it belongs: featured on my profile.

*edit* Still have two invites, PM me with your steamid (if we're not friends already) and I'll pass it along.
    Houn on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Level 8! Woo!

And now I have a reason to play through Portal 2 again. Oh, and a reason to finally play HL2! I've always wanted to finally play that.

edit: 1 invite left.
    ArcSyn on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan)
    edited May 2013
    edit: Got one, thanks.
    cooljammer00 on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I'm only level 10. I see people here at 11.

I'm not serving enough D:
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Level 8! Woo!

And now I have a reason to play through Portal 2 again. Oh, and a reason to finally play HL2! I've always wanted to finally play that.

edit: 1 invite left.

HL2 is reason enough to play through HL2, but yeah I like the idea of getting incentive to play through games that I've been putting off.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    If I was home, I'd totally take an invite. Won't be home for another six hours though. :S
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Thanks @ArcSyn for the cards beta access invite. Carddddsssssssss
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
    Hrm, I've never traded on Steam before. Anyone want to trade DOTA invites when I get off work? >.>
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    So how are these cards working? Do you just get them for time played? Or for completing achievements, or what?
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    I was watching the Dota 2 Qualifiers, and had a Dota 2 card appear in my inventory.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Damn you @Todesbart.

Damn you.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
    How do you even access the card thing through Steam?
    steam_sig.png
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    If there are card beta invites still floating around, toss one my way.
    r2lsig.jpg
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Trading cards? This is so vain and pointless

You betcha I want in on this.
    Alegis on
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    If more folks get invites I'd love one thrown my way - I can't accept it for a few hours though.

@cooljammer00 - Blood bowl is basically turned based fantasy football. I can't really vouch for the DRM (I already had it from an Amazon sale so I don't need it on Steam too).
    steam_sig.png
    Ceno wrote: »

Under your name
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    Wait...trading cards? I haven't even had a chance to properly get to know The Newell yet...it's simply too much.

Gotta quit my job now.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam

Under your name

Badges, specifically.
    camo_sig2.png
    I guess these badges aren't retroactive, huh? Coulda sworn I've done a lot of these things already.
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, I definitely want in. This sounds interesting to say the least.

If anyone has an extra invite, I'll take it off your hands!
    Icemopper on
    Bassig.pngSteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
    Okay, looks like I'm level 5 in badges? No cards. I don't think I play any of the games that drop them.
    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    OH MY GOD I JUST LEARNED OF THIS STUFF

My body needs an invite. Anyone have an invite I can bum?
    So when you check the cards that drop, they have a max amount of drops you can get, which is roughly half the total drops. For instance you get 4 drops from Dota 2 and theres 8 total dota cards. However I've had 2 of the same card (Tiny) drop. :( Someone get some doters cards so I can trade.
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Todesbart wrote: »
    Nobody wanted my coupon for Shogun 2, so I'm tempted to buy it if somebody can tell me if the loading times, which apparently are horrible and take forever each time you switch from the overview map to a battle, got fixed/optimized in the past few patches?

I don't remember excessive loading times when entering a battle. Game takes forever to launch though.
    steam_sig.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Wait, the card shenanigans. We actually have to play games?

(Don't look at my Steam sig, I'm not playing it, honest. Just... leaving it open in the background.)
    steam_sig.png
    You dont have to play them, you just have to have them loaded.
    Ok, I need to actually go do work now. But before I wander away, a thought:

I almost told someone I'm a level 10 Steamer.

We're going to need to get on top of finding a better name for this shit before it sticks.
    camo_sig2.png
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    Okay, looks like I'm level 5 in badges? No cards. I don't think I play any of the games that drop them.

They're not retroactive, so no one starts with any.

I've already got 3 Dota 2 cards, though.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    What is it that they call people in cults? Oh yeah, Acolytes. You're a level 10 Acolyte.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    This card thing. If anyone, you know, has an invite I'd totally take it off your hands.
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    How limited do invites seem to be at this point? Hard to get or more like the one I still have in my inventory for the new interface beta?
    steam_sig.png
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Everyone needs to buy the bundle with Fairy Bloom Freesia in it, because it is adorable and violent in equal measure.

Also I would like one of those trading card game invites if anyone has a spare. I need a reason to replay some older games instead of getting to new ones. :)
  • CourtOfOwlsCourtOfOwls Registered User regular
    the beta invites have already rocketed to over 50 cents, anything lower gets snapped up instantly. I guess people really want to save <40 cents.