Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I'm having so much unexpected fun thanks to the generous folks here. Saints Row is the silliest fun I've had in a while, and Dawn of War II is right up my alley. I missed so much having a terrible PC for so long.

Saints Row 4 and DoW2 both get way better in coop. Get some friends and knock that shit out of the park.

ps. I have both. Hinthint.

But...but...I'm bad. Which is also my presumptive excuse for not having DOTA.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    anoffday wrote: »
    A big thanks for the happy game recommendations yesterday. After playing some more Spec Ops last night where I [redacted] D:D:D:D:D:D:D: , I fired up Costume Quest and was instantly lightened up from the cuteness dripping from it. I followed it up with some Recettear, which made extra sure I was happy and fuzzy by the time the day was done!

Costume Quest was my happy game after I finished up Dead Island. It's so much <3

Also, we are only $2m away from Costume Quest 2

:cry:

I'd freaking love a costume quest 2.

Hell I'd be happy with a patch that (end game spoiler)
    Changes the ending so the kids get back home.
    bloodatonement on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Did not think thin k that would be an end game spoiler D:
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    shit, sorry.
    steam_sig-400.png
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I wonder when The Next Great Sequel In The Saints Row Franchise will eventually come out
    steam_sig.png
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    A big thanks for the happy game recommendations yesterday. After playing some more Spec Ops last night where I [redacted] D:D:D:D:D:D:D: , I fired up Costume Quest and was instantly lightened up from the cuteness dripping from it. I followed it up with some Recettear, which made extra sure I was happy and fuzzy by the time the day was done!

Costume Quest was my happy game after I finished up Dead Island. It's so much <3

Also, we are only $2m away from Costume Quest 2

:cry:

Curious how close they could have gotten if they were serious and actually advertised that number. Can always hope for kickstarter round 2 if Broken Age turns out.
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User regular
    6 Hours left!

signature.png
    steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    shit, sorry.

I didn't read it but I can only assume the only spoiler that game had could be easily figured out via the DLC for that game, right?
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yahtzee just put up his review for FC3: Blood Dragon. He really liked it for the most part.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    mmmm, £9.44 is a really awkward amount to try and spend on Steam.

Like, really awkward. So many good games so close yet so far.
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Wow, thanks Steam Thread! I actually HAVE Crusader Kings II, a gift from @AnteCantelope (THANKS!), and I now have a definition for 4X, which I hadn't known before. Awesome!

Also, having money crunches lately, so I just completely avoided the thread and chat last month for my birthday. I can't currently afford to respond in kind to the classiness generated by you kind folken. Y'all are rad.
    DaringDirk on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2013
    Quick question. Has the daily deal ticked over? Is Proteus off yet?

Edit: Haha it has! I win this time, Newell.
    Big Classy on
    camo_sig2.png
  • TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Quick question. Has the daily deal ticked over? Is Proteus off yet?

Yes!
    steam_sig.png
    I'm thinking about getting the Double Fine Humble Bundle, but I already own Brütal Legend and Psychonauts (on GoG). How's Costume Quest and Stacking? They look both pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd really like them.
    steam_sig.png
    You'll love them. Seriously.

Bed time for realz.
    camo_sig2.png
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC YorkRegistered User regular

System Shock 2: £4.89
    The Book of Unwritten Tales: £4.49

Total: £9.38

Put the 6p in a jar.
    steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Todesbart wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting the Double Fine Humble Bundle, but I already own Brütal Legend and Psychonauts (on GoG). How's Costume Quest and Stacking? They look both pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd really like them.

Costume quest is a fun little game. It's a mix of light adventure and light JRPG-type combat. Stacking is in my backlog.

sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Oh wow, Thunderwolves looks awesome and it just came out on steam.
    Local Co-op Only

Oh. Nevermind. :/
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Ok, my small act of pennance for anyone I ruined CQ for.
    A spoiler you will want to open
    Humble Double Fine Key
    6CIML-206XD-N406N

Snagged it, thank you very much! I hope it was without Brütal Legend (Steam didn't mention it) - if BL was in there, I'll gladly donate another full bundle in return!
    steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    I keep telling myself not to buy the double fine bundle because I have Psychonauts and Brutal Legend already.

...but I don't have them on Steam. (OXBox and PS3, respectively).

Game Hoarding is a thing, right? It's like regular hoarding, but since it's digital, no one has to smell it when they enter your home.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
    The most interesting thing in the Double Fine Humble Bundle are all the Amnesia Fortnight prototypes.
    CroakerBC wrote: »

System Shock 2: £4.89
    The Book of Unwritten Tales: £4.49

Total: £9.38

Put the 6p in a jar.

Time to garner the hate but:

I tend not to enjoy older games. Simply for shallow reasons like graphics and clunkiness. Plus my opinion on Bioshock (which I'm led to believe is the more modern incarnation of System Shock) is that they're really pretty games with good stories that kinda feel flat on the gampleay front.

And I don't like Point and click, no, Magical Diary doesn't count. Magical Diary let me play anime Harry Potter, which is a distinct advantage.
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I already know I'll never have time to play what's in my game vault. I don't need to add prototype games on top of that!
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    'Cause it got left behind in the last thread, I'll repost this.
    Okay, I have an idea.

I got spare copies of Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 1 that I've had for 5.5 years now. I think it's time to get rid of them.

Free to a good home, no limits on whether or not your in this group or that. But there's a catch.

Firstly, you must promise (in this thread so everyone can see :) ) to actually play through the games. Preferably within a month.

Secondly, you must come back here and tell everyone what you thought about them. You don't need to write an essay, but a couple of paragraphs discussing your thoughts, what you liked and what you didn't like would be great.

So, first person who wants them gets them.

Also, I got a copy of "The Ship" that is free to a good home. Or a bad home, I don't really care. You don't need to promise to write about it or even play it. I just want it out of my inventory :D It comes with both the Multiplayer and the Singleplayer versions.

And while I'm at it, might as well do a clean sweep. Couple of giveaways for the G&T Adventure Time group.

signature.png
    signature.png

So, to recap

-Free copy of HL2 and HL2: Ep1 to whoever promises to play through them and post a bit about what they thought.
    -Free copies copy of The Ship to whoever is dumb enou.. err.. kind enough to take it
    -And a couple of giveaways for the G&T Adventure Time group.

FAKE EDIT: Albino Bunny graciously took one of my copies of The Ship from me. Only one remains!
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Lego Batman 2, eh?
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
    Nobody wanted my coupon for Shogun 2, so I'm tempted to buy it if somebody can tell me if the loading times, which apparently are horrible and take forever each time you switch from the overview map to a battle, got fixed/optimized in the past few patches?
    steam_sig.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I'm having so much unexpected fun thanks to the generous folks here. Saints Row is the silliest fun I've had in a while, and Dawn of War II is right up my alley. I missed so much having a terrible PC for so long.

Saints Row 4 and DoW2 both get way better in coop. Get some friends and knock that shit out of the park.

ps. I have both. Hinthint.

I love me the shit out of some DoWII but don't have anyone to play it with. Hinthint
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ceno wrote: »
    Lego Batman 2, eh?

It's a great game, the first Lego Batman is also on sale for £2.50

Also would anyone want the rest of the double fine bundle if I buy it, the only game I don't have is Brutal Legend
    rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    Lego Batman 2, eh?

It's a great game, the first Lego Batman is also on sale for £2.50

All my disposable income is tied up in birthday giveaway stuff at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it'll be this cheap again during the Summer Dale.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
    Decided to put the money into DOTA2 hats.

Because I'd being holding back on the Bastion Announcer pack too long.

Plus now my ward bitch has a lovely fur coat with gems in it and it's fabulous.

Most importantly though, served the Newell WITHOUT adding to my backlog.
    6 Hours left!

signature.png

How the fuck are there 43 people who don't own System Shock 2?
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Only 52 minutes left in this one. Also, keep the history fun facts coming.
    Also a reminder that this is open for another 5 hours. Only 4 entries so far (probably because everyone else already has it)

signature.png

Open to PA Group
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Most importantly though, served the Newell WITHOUT adding to my children's inheritance.

FTFY.
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    I've been saying for years that Fantasy: Total war, or Mythology: Total War would be soooooo right up my alley.
    @Dissociater

You should try one of the King Arthur games. Which while they're not perfect are pretty close to Fantasy: Total War.

edit: Taken
    Goumindong on
    Children? Oh gods I hope not.

Also now I brought items for an online game my internet has started to go haywire. FU too game.
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I already know I'll never have time to play what's in my game vault. I don't need to add prototype games on top of that!

I don't think prototypes should go on the backlog: I think you can just try them out and be "done"
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png