Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Trading cards....really steam? taking business suggestions from Satan like WoW did are you?
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    I wonder how long the Beta will last? I'd just buy an invite but if it goes live on Monday or something I'd feel rather silly.
    steam_sig.png
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Trading cards....really steam? taking business suggestions from Satan like WoW did are you?
    Clearly Satan has some bangin' business ideas.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Just sign up for the community group and you will get in automatically, in order of the people signing up. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Have the Rocksmith games or any of the DLC for it ever gone on sale?
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ok, I just joined. This trading card thing is a terrible awesome idea.

Did you guys get in as soon as you joined?
    steam_sig.png
  • TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Only played the first mission of Stacking, but it's adorable, quirky and unique. I knew about it for quite some time now but now that I've played it for a bit I feel like it didn't receive the reception it deserved.
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So I just got up for work (after two hours of sleep) and I find two emails! GIFTS! I'm thinking shit, someone's on to me and my Newell beating ways but no, oh no. Is only freaking @SmokeStacks with Ducati Bike Championship and @krummith with a game within a game with steam trading cards beta access. Thank you both for brightening up the start to a pretty painful and miserable night!
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I seem to recall they went up once, late at night, as a flash deal during the winter sales.
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Just sign up for the community group and you will get in automatically, in order of the people signing up. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/

Thanks - just did it from the mobile app. Am I the only one that would pay $5 for a mobile app with group chat BTW?
    steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Todesbart wrote: »
    Only played the first mission of Stacking, but it's adorable, quirky and unique. I knew about it for quite some time now but now that I've played it for a bit I feel like it didn't receive the reception it deserved.

Oh my god Stacking is so good

I love how there are three or four solutions to every puzzle

And you can go back and redo the puzzle to collect the ones you've missed
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
    This scares me because I'm that person that will fight "just one more battle" to gain XP and level up in a game until hours have passed.

Now I'm going to be that person that spends "just 100 more dollars" to gain XP and level up in Steam until my money has passed.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    edited May 2013
    It's causing me nearly physical pain to be at work instead of discovering a new addiction.
    Wooden Spoon on
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    See just think about how Geth feels

He is always at work

Work never ends for Geth
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    Also, just to let everyone know tomorrow Amazon is having a huge digital game sale. 1000+ games will be on offer. I don't have any details right now, because I'm too busy getting badges.

Excellent! I'll be in bed all day (hopefully fucking asleep grumble grumble) and at work all night! Perfect timing Amazon *two thumbs up*
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
    I'm so, so scared when I see his...smiling visage pop up on my posts.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos "You smell...different" Registered User regular
    Trading cards...well, now I'm fucked.

*bends the knee to Gabe while he fits the slave collar on me*
    Peewi wrote: »

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE

Seriously. I know they're marketing to ruin lives when they develop things like the ability to flaunt your "Steam Level", which is literally achieved by playing more games and wasting away your life on Steam.
    "YEAH! CHECK OUT MY STEAM LEVEL, BITCH!"

"...you missed Dad's funeral."
    Ab3HW.png
    BW2-FC: 0562-4613-0146
    edited May 2013
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Also, just to let everyone know tomorrow Amazon is having a huge digital game sale. 1000+ games will be on offer. I don't have any details right now, because I'm too busy getting badges.

Excellent! I'll be in bed all day (hopefully fucking asleep grumble grumble) and at work all night! Perfect timing Amazon *two thumbs up*
    I've looked over the list and there's some pretty good stuff but I don't see that much that hasn't been done before - for me the highlight is Bully is on sale 5/29 - 5/31 for $3.75 which rarely goes on sale. I haven't really looked at all the packs they have planned either - I'm sure those are where the real savings will be...

Oh - Mark of the Ninja for $3.75 too - that's tempting.

Crap...now I'm seeing more - all three Sam & Max seasons for $9.99 total, the last Oddworld game I need (Stranger's Wrath) for $3. That Powerball ticket I bought better pan out!
    Lindsey Lohan on
    steam_sig.png
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I seem to recall they went up once, late at night, as a flash deal during the winter sales.

Definitely was on during the Winter sale, I remember trying to figure out what songs a potential giftee already had.
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • SteevLSteevL Registered User regular

I've looked over the list and there's some pretty good stuff but I don't see that much that hasn't been done before - for me the highlight is Bully is on sale 5/29 - 5/31 for $3.75 which rarely goes on sale. I haven't really looked at all the packs they have planned either - I'm sure those are where the real savings will be...

Where is this list? I have some Amazon gift card money from my birthday...
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    So I just got home from work-on-the-road where I was cut off from the internet (sob) for the last 12 hours or so, and see that @Krummith has sent me some beta invite for some Steam trading card thing. Sounds neat, but I don't know what this, so I'll accept it and then head over here and see what it -- oh my god fuckmylife I'm doooooooooomed.....

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    SteevL wrote: »

It's on Cheapassgamer...I can't get the link since I'm browsing the list on my cell - but it's in the video game deals forum in the stickied amazon digital thread about one page back from the last post at the moment.
    Lindsey Lohan on
    steam_sig.png

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741904&postcount=10566
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741908&postcount=10568
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741913&postcount=10570
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741937&postcount=10576
    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I started at level 11 in this card game thing.

This is gonna destroy me.
  • SteevLSteevL Registered User regular

It's on Cheapassgamer...I can't get the link since I'm browsing the list on my cell - but it's in the video game deals forum in the stickied amazon digital thread about one page back from the last post at the moment.
    Luchaire wrote: »

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741904&postcount=10566
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741908&postcount=10568
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741913&postcount=10570
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741937&postcount=10576

Thanks to you both! Alas, I have to get back to work now myself. I'll have to peruse this later.
  • IoloIolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I would take an invite if someone has a spare. Thanks!

EDIT: I did join the group, but no invitations have been forthcoming so far. I can't wait another second to discover what Steam Level I am!!!
    Iolo on
    steam_sig.png

• HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Join the steam group, seems they'll let anyone in these days. /hipster
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    I have most of those games and most of the achievements for them...... I don't have the beta, so it doesn't matter for me. I've just never understood the whole trading card thing though...
    camo_sig.png
  • DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    Not sure if this sort of thing is cool (or even available in enough areas to make it worthwhile), but it looks like Groupon has a deal going on for a Steam Key activated copy of Bioshock Infinite. Regular $59.99 down to $34.99.

Bioshock Infinite on Groupon.

I have not purchased it through here, so I cannot verify any details. Turns out baby diapers and formula take priority over serving the Newell (I feel so dirty).

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1005-9043-1577
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'd like an invite too if anyone has one.
    steam_sig.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up on the amazon sale. Will be grabbing Sleeping dogs complete and Sonic Racing
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

EDIT: I did join the group, but no invitations have been forthcoming so far. I can't wait another second to discover what Steam Level I am!!!

You're level 10. You're welcome.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
    I'm only level 6.

I feel so inadequate.
    steam_sig.png
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Civ 5 Gold for $12.50 is good, right?
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dahkath wrote: »
    Not sure if this sort of thing is cool (or even available in enough areas to make it worthwhile), but it looks like Groupon has a deal going on for a Steam Key activated copy of Bioshock Infinite. Regular $59.99 down to $34.99.

Bioshock Infinite on Groupon.

I have not purchased it through here, so I cannot verify any details. Turns out baby diapers and formula take priority over serving the Newell (I feel so dirty).

If you're willing to take a bit of a risk you can probably find one of those AMD promotions on ebay for a similar amount, which will get you TR or Crysis 3 in addition to blood dragon and that
    camo_sig2.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Goumindong gifted me System Shock 2 like the classy gentleman he is! I am now going through his corridors sweating.....wait, I don't think I said that right.
    steam_sig.png