Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I like the idea of the showcase and more profile page customization, but to be honest I'm not too sure I want to jump through a bunch of hoops for that stuff, though. I wish that was separate from the trading card business, which is cool in and of itself.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    The most important question is that seeing as my account existed before this Steam Card nonsense can I sell myself as 'Vintage'?
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    What are Foil Trading Cards?
    Once you reach Steam Level 10, there is a small chance whenever you get a Trading Card from playing a game that it will have a special foil border. You'll need to collect a set of foil cards in order to craft them into a foil badge. There is no extra benefit to having foil cards or foil badges aside from their rarity.

tumblr_lvht25goFT1r72wpmo1_400.gif
    TARA.gif Click for Steam Profile. WiiU ID: Taramoor
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    signature.png

Congrats @amcarroll32 (Whoever you are)

Try not to make a mess. ;P
    Gigazombie Cybermage on
    steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    GFWL is giving me shit before I can play Ace Combat. This is the first time it's given me problems. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I have changed my Windows Live password, however it has my old password saved, and it wont let me change it. How do I delete these saved credentials?
    The sound of eight hooves reaches his ears, comes from the heavenly light, two wolves howls fills his heart with fear, and he sees two ravens fly. Down from the sky a warlord rides, like fire his one eye glows, and just before the preacher dies he knows his god is false.
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    signature.png

Pretty sure that's @Zagdrob
    steam_sig.png
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User regular
    Thanks, I get confused when the names aren't the same as the forum sometimes.
    steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I sold two Portal 2 cards on marketplace for 1.65 each. Hopefully I won't regret that later.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Anyone have extra invites so I can get in on this madness?

Also, which is the favorable PA Steam chat?
    KoopahTroopah on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Once you reach Steam Level 10, there is a small chance whenever you get a Trading Card from playing a game that it will have a special foil border. You'll need to collect a set of foil cards in order to craft them into a foil badge. There is no extra benefit to having foil cards or foil badges aside from their rarity.

So then you wouldn't want to play any of the games until you were level 10, this way you would increase your chances of getting a foil card, right?
    SmokeStacks on
  • KrummithKrummith Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Looking at all the songs I'm gonna buy for Rocksmith.

I hope I get, like, cards or xp or something. Because this is going to cost me a lot of dollars.

It looks like Rocksmith will be part of the Amazon sale starting tomorrow for $19.50, steam redeemable.
    steam_sig.png
    I'm always looking for new steam friends!
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

So then you wouldn't want to play any of the games until you were level 10, this way you would increase your chances of getting a foil card, right?

I'm wondering if games will give multiple copies of the same badge.
    TARA.gif Click for Steam Profile. WiiU ID: Taramoor
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    GFWL is giving me shit before I can play Ace Combat. This is the first time it's given me problems. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I have changed my Windows Live password, however it has my old password saved, and it wont let me change it. How do I delete these saved credentials?

there's an application you can use to download your purchases from the Games For Windows Live Marketplace. It's what I use for GFWL account management sorts of things.

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Whats this about groups? and cards?
    steam_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    If anyone has an extra invite, I would happily take it!
    Bassig.pngSteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Huh. Well, the way the system is looking now, I might just try selling any cards I get. But still seems like we're missing info on a timer or something.

Does selling/trading away a card give you back a drop limit maybe?
    steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Thank you for your help. Now on to Ace Combat. The contrast between this ones mood and the anime bullshit from 6 is tremendous.
    The sound of eight hooves reaches his ears, comes from the heavenly light, two wolves howls fills his heart with fear, and he sees two ravens fly. Down from the sky a warlord rides, like fire his one eye glows, and just before the preacher dies he knows his god is false.
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm kinda confused about these cards. How many can you get from playing? And does the drop rate reset like it does in TF2 or something? I played through the entirety of Portal 2 and the cards dried up about 3/4ths of the way through.
    camo_sig2.png
    Kanden wrote: »
    I'm kinda confused about these cards. How many can you get from playing? And does the drop rate reset like it does in TF2 or something? I played through the entirety of Portal 2 and the cards dried up about 3/4ths of the way through.

You only get half the possible cards from playing. As for drop rate resetting, we don't know.
    steam_sig.png
    This is just my personal guess on the cards and drops.

I think that there will be different series of cards, like right now my TF2 badge shows series 1 for the cards. I think that you will only be able to get x number of drops per series. When the new series comes out, the old will be retired, and you will be given a new allotment of drops for the new series. I personally think that the drop rate is going to be very similar to the TF2 model, where playtime does not guarantee a drop, but more a chance for a drop.

This is just my personal wild speculation.
    steam_sig.png
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    signature.png

Pretty sure that's @Zagdrob

Awesome, thank you classy sir!

This was one of my favorites that stolen years ago and I've sorely missed. Need to find a dark night to play with the lights off and headphones on.
    steam_sig.png
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    Thanks @TychoCelchuuu for the invitation to the group. Also, everyone, friend me. I'm low-maintenance and just looking for a good time. :winky:
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    Whats this about groups? and cards?

Here.
    Preview?imageID=1154214&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=Yo%20Dawg,%20I%20heard%20you%20like%20games&text1=So%20I%20made%20installing%20and%20playing%20games%20into%20a%20TCG&text2=&text3=
    Well, once I get my desktop hooked up, I should be able to fund buying La-Mulana by selling some trading cards, so that's something. :P
    steam_sig.png
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Viking for sending me a friend invite and then immediately following it up with Lego Batman 2. Classy, and fast.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    In the excitement of this new trading card game craze, don't forget I still have a giveaway up.
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I'm still doing this, and I'm gonna keep doing it, until noon EST on Saturday!

signature.png

Open to everyone in the regular PA group.

Given that so many other people are giving away the same game, I think it's fair to say if you win it on someone else's, please take yourself out of the pool, assuming you can do that.
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    Damn it Steam - I want to earn cards, why do you need to update the content of my game?? It's been like 30 minutes so far of "taking a few minutes".
    steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, what on earth is going on with cards and groups?
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »

I hope I get, like, cards or xp or something. Because this is going to cost me a lot of dollars.

It looks like Rocksmith will be part of the Amazon sale starting tomorrow for $19.50, steam redeemable.

How do you make sure it's steam redeemable?

Preeetty sure its Steamworks.
    steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

Should mention DRM and Steam or something to that wording in the description.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: ObsoletePaper
    PA Steam Coupon List
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    How will I know if I get a card? Ive had DOTA 2 open for a while yet I dont think Ive received anything. Maybe because its not always in the foreground?
    camo_sig2.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith I hate this name. Salt Lake City, UTRegistered User regular
    Welp, i'm in the group, waiting on a possible invite I suppose? It's not very clear, we just have to be in the group?

Here's the linky . Near the top under publisher it says the DRM is Steam, and then again, near system requirements it lists Steam. Amazon can be kinda funky about letting you know the DRM, or if it's steam redeemable. Usually it'll be in one of the two places. Hope this helps.
    steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    Welp, i'm in the group, waiting on a possible invite I suppose? It's not very clear, we just have to be in the group?

So I'm told. Haven't gotten an email yet.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Anyone with Doters cards I need, I will trade Dont Starve cards for them. <3 Let me know.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    What group do we need to be in and can I get an invite?
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Congrats to @AlBaron for winning System Shock 2!

edit: Oh wait that's not your name on here.
    anoffday on
    steam_sig.png