Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    If you can only get 4/8 badges from each game, and you have to trade to get the ones you can't get, how do you get all the badges?
    You have to buy or trade them. Also in the Group's discussion page, you will receive more chances at getting cards the more in game purchases you make (i.e. tf2 items) but this feature isn't implemented yet as far as I know.

Oh. Hmm. Then I think I'm only going to go as far as I can without spending money.

I think the idea is you can only get 4/8 cards, but you can get a bunch of those 4 types of cards. You trade with someone that happens to have a bunch of the other 4 types.
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I haven't seen anyone talking about the awesome looking 2d God game Reus, but it's out tomorrow on Steam. Woot!
    camo_sig.png
    WiiU - vamenn (MONSTER HUNTER!!!)
    XBL - dachishbudoka
    PS3 - dachish
    "Woe be to him that defies the tree"
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Everyone on my friends list is suspiciously playing either HL2, TF2, or Portal 2.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Do you get cards for time you already played? Because I have 200 TF2 hours on record.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone talking about the awesome looking 2d God game Reus, but it's out tomorrow on Steam. Woot!

Tomorrow? On Steam? It's not the Coming Soon list or even listed at all.

Huh, but yet there it is listed on their website. Good to see GOG is getting it too, might nab it on there unless there's some kind of Steam Workshop support.
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Someone point me to the badges, and my DOOOM!
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Must badges! How I mine for Badge!
    TARA.gif Click for Steam Profile. WiiU ID: Taramoor
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Probably a long shot, but if anyone has a spare invite for the card trading beta, I wouldn't turn it down.
    steam_sig.png
    WiiU NNID: BigDookie
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

Well, damn, I think I'll be buying that.
    steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Soooo, I fired up NWN2 and being that I never finished it or put a ton of time into it, can't remember where I am, what I'm doing, etc and just feel like starting over. Anyone interested in a Coop run with someone that's not done it before(or can't remember what he's done)?
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: ObsoletePaper
    PA Steam Coupon List
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Hrm. I'm going to guess that the only way to finish out a card set is buying them on the marketplace. Which I have zero interest in doing. So, I guess I'm done with Steam TCG already.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Pay what you want for Unstoppable Gorg, a sort of tower defense game.
    youtubevi.png steamhg.png personalt.png lastfmx.png twitterre.png 65810446.jpg tumblrdr.png c8KNL.png xcom.jpg
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So the trading card game thing got me to fire up Half Life 2 for the first time since like 2004 or whenever it came out and wow this game still looks pretty good. Granted, Im running it in a 720p window at the moment while I wait for raid members in swtor but still.

EDIT: Oh nice, like 15 minutes of basically idling and I already have 2 HL2 cards.
    emp123 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Hrm. I'm going to guess that the only way to finish out a card set is buying them on the marketplace. Which I have zero interest in doing. So, I guess I'm done with Steam TCG already.

Can trade for them too. I'm sure some people'd be up for it.
    steam_sig.png
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    So yeah, if anyone has a spare trading card invite knocking about, then I wouldn't mind it, because the Newell didn't send me any.
    steam_sig.png
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Massive thanks to the super classy @Ed Gruberman for Civ 5!
    steam_sig.png
    Oh god, Im really digging these HL2 cards.

Shit. Shitshitshit.

This is going to be bad.
    camo_sig2.png
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I actually just got a double in HL2 cards, two G-Men. If anyone needs one I'll swap one for one I'm missing! Specifically Alyx, Gordon, Gordon & Alyx, Bring the fight to them, and Trouble Underground.
    2LjeU.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin |
    Defiance: Alaria/noautomobilesgo
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I second the request for a card beta invite. I signed up but the rumor is that they've sent out all they intend to for a few days, which makes me a sad person.

This'll finally get me off my butt and get me to play Half Life 2, so this is all to do the good for me.
    steam_sig.png
    Luchaire wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Krummith wrote: »
    Also, just to let everyone know tomorrow Amazon is having a huge digital game sale. 1000+ games will be on offer. I don't have any details right now, because I'm too busy getting badges.

Excellent! I'll be in bed all day (hopefully fucking asleep grumble grumble) and at work all night! Perfect timing Amazon *two thumbs up*
    I've looked over the list and there's some pretty good stuff but I don't see that much that hasn't been done before - for me the highlight is Bully is on sale 5/29 - 5/31 for $3.75 which rarely goes on sale. I haven't really looked at all the packs they have planned either - I'm sure those are where the real savings will be...

Oh - Mark of the Ninja for $3.75 too - that's tempting.

Where is this list? I have some Amazon gift card money from my birthday...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741904&postcount=10566
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741908&postcount=10568
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741913&postcount=10570
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10741937&postcount=10576

Slowly making my way through the list to see what I want.

All the Pendulo games are on sale. As well as a bunch of Telltale.

Oh my.
  • The MantizThe Mantiz Registered User regular
    If anyone has an extra Trading Card Beta-invite AND a DOTA 2 key, then I would love to take them of you hands :winky:

I will even trade for that extra copy of Sanctum that has been in my inventory forever.
    steam_sig.png
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    You can get Dota 2 invites from this bot.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Blow it all up ForeverRegistered User regular
    I can totally wait for this. It's coming for me, no matter what I do. It is tempting to rush headlong into my destruction. Yet I think I'll take this time to make some kind of peace. When the day arrives, I will have the rest of my life to destroy the rest of my life.
  • The MantizThe Mantiz Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    You can get Dota 2 invites from this bot.

Ha, that is ridiculous, thanks.
    Why is Dota even en beta anymore, if the keys are so easy to get hold of?
    steam_sig.png
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Half of my friendslist is idling in HL2, you guys are pathetic.
    I did the same, but... but I'm really addicted!
    steam_sig.png
  • TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    It's like the lead designer has it scrawled on some To Do list that's long since been forgotten.
    TeeMan on
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
    Man, I kinda wish that CAG/Amazon Deals list was better organized. They should be organized on what the best day is to buy the game at the lowest price. Hell Yeah, for example, is 5 bucks now but 7.50 tomorrow. So technically it's a "one day sale" even though 7.50 is lower than what it regularly costs.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Why idle in Half-Life 2 when you could PLAY Half-Life 2.

Which is what I'd be doing if I wasn't A. Bug hunting in the Half-Life 1 beta and B. Waiting to get into the trading card beta. :D
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Man, I kinda wish that CAG/Amazon Deals list was better organized. They should be organized on what the best day is to buy the game at the lowest price. Hell Yeah, for example, is 5 bucks now but 7.50 tomorrow. So technically it's a "one day sale" even though 7.50 is lower than what it regularly costs.

Check this list:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=57818838#post57818838

Not quite what you asked, but it shows the prices on different date ranges.
    KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU
  • slappybagslappybag Registered User regular
    It's my lifes mission to get all the cards.
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Check this list:

That's basically the CAG list with a better color scheme :-)

I'm getting that "Buy it now, play it when you have a machine that can run it" itch. :-(

Which is what I'd be doing if I wasn't A. Bug hunting in the Half-Life 1 beta and B. Waiting to get into the trading card beta. :D

Why is HL1 in beta 15 years after it was released?
    camo_sig2.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    emp123 wrote: »

Why is HL1 in beta 15 years after it was released?

They recently ported it to Mac and Linux and to the newer Steampipe file format. This produced bugs, so Valve set up a github account to track and fix them, and they've been kind enough to fix several longstanding bugs with the PC versionHL1 as well. It's the most love this game has gotten in years, and is pretty shwell IMO. You can check the Half-Life thread for a quickrun down on the big things they've fixed.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26598409/#Comment_26598409

And you can check out https://github.com/ValveSoftware for all the stuff they have in open beta (Source Engine 1 Games, Steam for Linux, Half-Life 1 games and something weird called the Steam Runtime.)
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC YorkRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Check this list:

That's basically the CAG list with a better color scheme :-)

I'm getting that "Buy it now, play it when you have a machine that can run it" itch. :-(

Agreed. Though currently, with my remaining $20ish of Amazon credit, I am vacillating between Shogun 2 (soon!) and Tomb Raider (in a couple of days). I realise they're in totally different genres, but Mrs. Croakers course stuff has just finished, so I'm a bit giddy at being able to get some gaming time in.

Anyone want to sell me on TR? I *think* my machine will (just about) handle it, and I saw a lot of "GOTY!" comments above, but I haven't played a TR since the first one, so have no idea what my expectations should be.

Also, are there any other standouts/hidden gems on that Steam list people might recommend?
    steam_sig.png
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Bastion, if you don't have it.

Though I just bought it on Amazon, and it's not giving me a key, just the download button. Annoying.
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC YorkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    This appears to be the Amazon rep's list of choice for Steamable games from their sale. Bastion...does not appear to be on said list. Caveat Emptor, I fear.

ETA: And the Amazon page for Bastion lists it as DRM free, so no, it's not Steamable.
    CroakerBC on
    steam_sig.png
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Bastion isn't a Steam game on Amazon sadly, though it is excellent!

I'm mulling over the FEAR trilogy and the new Sonic Racing game myself.
    2LjeU.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin |
    Defiance: Alaria/noautomobilesgo
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    This appears to be the Amazon rep's list of choice for Steamable games from their sale. Bastion...does not appear to be on said list. Caveat Emptor, I fear.

ETA: And the Amazon page for Bastion lists it as DRM free, so no, it's not Steamable.
    Dangnabit.

Oh well, it's still a good game for cheap.
  • harvestharvest Registered User regular
    Hey can I get an invite for this madness?
    steam_sig.png
    Black: 0389 8074 1114 - 3DS: 4940-5435-1167 - PSN: Haarvest