Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Congrats to @Al Baron for winning System Shock 2!

edit: Oh wait that's not your name on here.

FTFY
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Congrats to @Al Baron for winning System Shock 2!

edit: Oh wait that's not your name on here.

FTFY

I knew I was close. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Anyone know why my badge page isn't showing DOTA 2 like it does with other games?
    camo_sig2.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    It might be that you haven't made a purchase or something. I know that some tf2 stuff was locked until you made a purchase through their store.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    What group do we need to be in and can I get an invite?

For cards? http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434277245
    emp123 wrote: »
    How will I know if I get a card? Ive had DOTA 2 open for a while yet I dont think Ive received anything. Maybe because its not always in the foreground?

In Steam, the notification icon will be green and tell you you have new inventory items.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    How will I know if I get a card? Ive had DOTA 2 open for a while yet I dont think Ive received anything. Maybe because its not always in the foreground?

You'll get a notification at the top of your screen, the same green letter you get if you get a friend request or a gift.

Also, be careful sending invites to other people when the community is acting up, Steam ate one of mine earlier, and now I'm seeing "The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." whenever I try to send another.
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Anyone else have their "Steam Trading Card Beta Access" listed as a game?
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I'm heading home right now. Gonna pop some Portal 2, download some user maps and get me some hot sweaty card action
    The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    So now that there's a reason for it, about those Dota invites that everyone seems to have a million of...

Anybody still doling them out? :bats manly eyelashes:
    camo_sig.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    @goumindong is a swell fellow who gave me his extra copy of civ v to give to my girlfriend

what a swell dude
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I now am only missing Wilson and Wolfgang for Don't Starve!

I could buy them from the Market...

This is a dark path.
    2LjeU.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin |
    Defiance: Alaria/noautomobilesgo
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

This is a dark path.

I thought I had Wilson. I can't read, it's Maxwell. They're not even close names.
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    A follow-up to my earlier System Shock 2 enquiry.

I attempted this to upscale the UI as it was way too tiny to read comfortably at 1366x768, but neither options have changed a thing. Has anyone used these successfully? Any other tips?

@TeeMan it worked for me using the first method
    Open cam_ext.cfg in notepad or any other text editor.
    Uncomment the line ;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 64 by removing the semicolon.

in case it makes any difference I have these mods installed, when I loaded my game with the bigger UI the resolution had changed but I just had to change it back to 1920x1080 and everything was fine

I'm also going to have a go at this that I saw on reddit
    I also enabled bloom by opening the file cam_ext.cfg in the main game folder. Find these lines and remove the semicolon in front of each line: ;postprocess 1 ;bloomscale 5 ;bloom_threshold 0.7 I also changed the bloomscale value to 4 and bloom_threshold to 0.85. You can turn on triple buffering in that file as well to reduce mouse lag

which should make it look like this all going well

@rikdaly, thanks for the feedback my man! I'll give it another go after work this evening. If nothing else works, I'll settle for modding (cheers for the link) and playing it at 800x600. It still looks good and the UI is a serviceable size at that resolution.
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

This is a dark path.

I thought I had Wilson. I can't read, it's Maxwell. They're not even close names.

I made the same mistake! I typed Maxwell into my post instead of Wilson and had to double check before posting.
    2LjeU.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin |
    Defiance: Alaria/noautomobilesgo
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Just beat Tomb Raider. Shit was crazy. Game of the year so far for me.
    steam_sig.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Registered User regular
    I too would appreciate an invite to the ruining of lives. I mean trading of cards.
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Huh, so invites/cards are selling for $1-$3 each...

This is all because you can combine them and have a chance to get an emoticon or whatever, and those are *listed* at $10-$100. This is just people thinking they can sell them for that much, and trying to make a quick buck, right? Someone tell me that no one is actually buying a Don't Starve icon, to put on their profile, for $20.
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Just beat Tomb Raider. Shit was crazy. Game of the year so far for me.

I also adored Tomb Raider. It's my GOTY thus far as well. I haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet, though.

If Dark Souls 2 comes out this year, however, that's almost assuredly gonna win.
    The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Wait, I lay not be able to get DOTA2 cards because I haven't purchased anything in the beta?

Guess I've been idling in the wrong game.
    camo_sig2.png
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Muahaha I told you fuckers this was going to be some kind of diabolical CCG that was going to force us all to buy more games! You're welcome!
    steam_sig.png
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    What font is used in the edits?

@Shadowhope, it's Blambot Casual.

@Idx86, I updated the comic gallery at the top of page 2 with TychoCelchuuu's latest edits offering.

I shall address the OP this evening.
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Tomb Raider is a very close #2 for me behind Bioshock. Both fantastic games.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Ok, I need shotgun answers from you classy folk.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizons is on the weekday sale.

is it worth.the.purchase? I loved AC4, AC5 was ok, AC6(?) I threw the controller in disgust when the final boss literally broke the laws of physics by cutting 90 degrees in a fixed wing aircraft. ( the after action report with the ribbon flight paths even showed him cheating)

but anyways, Assault Horizon. Worth the current sale price?
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

This is all because you can combine them and have a chance to get an emoticon or whatever, and those are *listed* at $10-$100. This is just people thinking they can sell them for that much, and trying to make a quick buck, right? Someone tell me that no one is actually buying a Don't Starve icon, to put on their profile, for $20.

Dude, I sold a FAKE HAT last month for $60 and that was considered a BARGAIN.
    camo_sig.png
    Wait, I lay not be able to get DOTA2 cards because I haven't purchased anything in the beta?

Guess I've been idling in the wrong game.

Is that the only game that requires an in-game purchase? What about TF2 and Portal 2?
    camo_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Dude, I sold a FAKE HAT last month for $60 and that was considered a BARGAIN.

Shit, I have to beat my collecting impulse and get in on that...
    TF2 needs ingame purchase... I just bought a .49 item with my proceeds of my Portal 2 cards.
  • Descendant XDescendant X Registered User regular
    Who wants a 75% off coupon for Total War: Shogun 2? I gots one that I want to give. PM me or chat me up on Steam.
    H6tyl.jpg
    PSN: DescendantX. Steam ID : Descendant X. Feel free to add me.
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    TF2 needs ingame purchase... I just bought a .49 item with my proceeds of my Portal 2 cards.

Even if you purchased TF2 prior to it going F2P?
    camo_sig2.png
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    Ok, I need shotgun answers from you classy folk.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizons is on the weekday sale.

is it worth.the.purchase? I loved AC4, AC5 was ok, AC6(?) I threw the controller in disgust when the final boss literally broke the laws of physics by cutting 90 degrees in a fixed wing aircraft. ( the after action report with the ribbon flight paths even showed him cheating)

but anyways, Assault Horizon. Worth the current sale price?

I have heard from multiple sources that AC:AH is kind of a bastard stepchild of the AC series. It's not particularly well liked, even amongst Ace Combat fans. I am going to wait until it is under $10 before buying it because the reviews have not been favorable.

sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Ok, joined the group. What happens next?
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    If anyone has a trading card beta key, I'll glady take it off your hand. (I could trade you a key for "The Ship" :D)
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
    edited May 2013

Even if you purchased TF2 prior to it going F2P?

Oh yeah sorry you should be good if you bought it prior and already have the premium version.
    Incindium on
  • CourtOfOwlsCourtOfOwls Registered User regular
    So I completed the TF2 card set, to be rewarded with : 50% off triple town, a spy background, and a sticky emoticon. Also when you craft a badge, you can also re-craft the same badge to level up that badge. I don't believe that was in the FAQs.
  • AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    They increased the valve cut % on the market today, its gotta be intentional with the card beta/pillar achievement. So diabolical!

I'm sad that nobody wants my Duke Nukem 3D 50% off coupon.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    If you can only get 4/8 badges from each game, and you have to trade to get the ones you can't get, how do you get all the badges?
    If you can only get 4/8 badges from each game, and you have to trade to get the ones you can't get, how do you get all the badges?
    You have to buy or trade them. Also in the Group's discussion page, you will receive more chances at getting cards the more in game purchases you make (i.e. tf2 items) but this feature isn't implemented yet as far as I know.
  • SteevLSteevL Registered User regular
    Ok, joined the group. What happens next?

A trap door opens.

And then, darkness the gifting.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    You have to buy or trade them. Also in the Group's discussion page, you will receive more chances at getting cards the more in game purchases you make (i.e. tf2 items) but this feature isn't implemented yet as far as I know.

Oh. Hmm. Then I think I'm only going to go as far as I can without spending money.
    Oh. Hmm. Then I think I'm only going to go as far as I can without spending money.[/quote]
    I'm sure there will be trading systems/groups in place when the buzz calms down and more games/people are added