Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Bastion isn't a Steam game on Amazon sadly, though it is excellent!

I'm mulling over the FEAR trilogy and the new Sonic Racing game myself.

get Sonic Racing Transformed, it's awesome!

I'd definitely be up for some multiplayer if people are picking it up, I've only played it solo so far

steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    Does anyone have Tidehunter or Phantom Lancer cards they're willing to trade? They're the only two I've got left of the Dota set.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Man, I kinda wish that CAG/Amazon Deals list was better organized. They should be organized on what the best day is to buy the game at the lowest price. Hell Yeah, for example, is 5 bucks now but 7.50 tomorrow. So technically it's a "one day sale" even though 7.50 is lower than what it regularly costs.

Check this list:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=57818838#post57818838

Not quite what you asked, but it shows the prices on different date ranges.

Oh come the fuck on, couldn't this have been a month ago?! I've wanted to catch sales on AoE III and the Risen games for a while now!

;_;
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Bastion isn't a Steam game on Amazon sadly, though it is excellent!

I'm mulling over the FEAR trilogy and the new Sonic Racing game myself.

I'd recommend All Stars Transformed, myself. It's great fun, and has a bunch of challenges, plenty of bang for your buck in my experience.
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how fast the beta invites are rolling out? It seems like a ton of people have them.

And then there's me.
    Bassig.pngSteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Does anyone know how fast the beta invites are rolling out? It seems like a ton of people have them.

And then there's me.

Go stand in the loser corner. With me.
    steam_sig.png
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    Richard wrote: »

And then there's me.

And me.
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    We can be best friends!
    Bassig.pngSteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • SteevLSteevL Registered User regular
    I didn't get a beta invite from Steam either, but you know what? I'm OK with this. I can live without this new Steam feature for a while and will bask in these simpler times before The Cardening.
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Thanks @Big Classy for the steam trading card beta. You're my hero tonight! <3
    steam_sig.png
  • LuchaireLuchaire Registered User regular
    Those of you without beta invites...

Now would be a really, really good time to sit down, evaluate your priorities in life, consider your loved ones, and figure out where you want to be in ten years.

So that once you get an invite, you'll at least have some idea what you've just given up.
    steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Those of you without beta invites...

Now would be a really, really good time to sit down, evaluate your priorities in life, consider your loved ones, and figure out where you want to be in ten years.

So that once you get an invite, you'll at least have some idea what you've just given up.

Hah. As if I hadn't sold my soul to The Newell years ago.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Richard wrote: »

And then there's me.

And me.

Room for one more? I've got a six-pack and a bag of chips
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
  • harvestharvest Registered User regular
    Seriously, while I'm waiting for an invite I'm looking at just how many games I'll to have to actually play, and I think I'm OK with that.
    steam_sig.png
    Black: 0389 8074 1114 - 3DS: 4940-5435-1167 - PSN: Haarvest
    harvest wrote: »
    Seriously, while I'm waiting for an invite I'm looking at just how many games I'll to have to actually play, and I think I'm OK with that.

A new thing I've wasted time doing is modding games. Then, once I've got things singing and stable, moving onto the next one without playing it past that.

Next up, System Shock 2!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I've just been booting HL2 and Don't Starve and idling for cards.

edit: Kinda bummed it's not retroactive, though. So many wasted hours.
    cooljammer00 on
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    It's my lifes mission to get all the cards.
    First you get de cards. Den you get de badges. Den you get respect.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Well, first you need to actually get into the beta >.<
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

A new thing I've wasted time doing is modding games. Then, once I've got things singing and stable, moving onto the next one without playing it past that.

Next up, System Shock 2!

I can probably save you some time on SS2 if you can wait until I finish work, I could just zip the mods folder and send it over to you
    steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Dem foil card/certain emoticon prices.
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    rikdaly wrote: »

Next up, System Shock 2!

I can probably save you some time on SS2 if you can wait until I finish work, I could just zip the mods folder and send it over to you

I've already downloaded the ones on that link and they're all working fine. I've even slapped on the new patch that GOG dropped today. Still! The UI is too small. I can't take a screen grab, but for example it's nowhere near as big as this and is more like this.
    TeeMan on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Is it possible to get to level 10 (the level where you can start potentially gaining shinies) without buying cards from the marketplace?
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Is it possible to get to level 10 (the level where you can start potentially gaining shinies) without buying cards from the marketplace?

Yessir. I started at 9 and only needed to do the community thing to hit ten.
    steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol Provocative Pogona Registered User regular

Next up, System Shock 2!

I've already downloaded the ones on that link and they're all working fine. I've even slapped on the new patch that GOG dropped today. Still! The UI is too small. I can't take a screen grab, but for example it's nowhere near as big as this and is more like this.

You have to hack cam_ext.cfg and set d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay to a lower resolution.
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    Amazon sales are now live. Think I'll be picking up the Battlefield 3 Premium expansions and HAWX 2. The devil on my shoulder is saying to also buy Dark Souls and ditch my 360 copy, which I might do since I have Big Picture mode all set up now.
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited May 2013
    Zxerol wrote: »

Next up, System Shock 2!

You have to hack cam_ext.cfg and set d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay to a lower resolution.

Yeah I've done that (as defined on pcgamingwiki) but it doesn't want to bloody work.

edit: It's not prohibitively small, it's just a little annoying. I'll pour some time into the game tomorrow night after work and we'll see how the peepers handle it
    TeeMan on
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Ok, so, TCG Question:
    If you dip below your earnable number of 4 (5 for tf2) cards for a game, can you then earn more cards for that game?

Like, if I give someone a Portal 2 card, so I only have 3, can I go play more Portal 2 to get another 4th card? Or, does it only reset after crafting a badge?
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Its not how many cards you have, its how many have dropped for you. If you have 3 drop for you, and give all 3 away, no more drop.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Ok fine. FINE! What is this card nonsense. I've got...I've got THIS much willpower when it comes to collecting shit.
    Apyss-sig.png
    FYI: Image above links to my webcomic, and is (mostly) SFW. Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Its not how many cards you have, its how many have dropped for you. If you have 3 drop for you, and give all 3 away, no more drop.

So, you can never collect them all. You're always going to have to farm games who's badges you'll NEVER want as trade/sale fodder for the badges you DO want. That's what I wanted to confirm.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Considering theres 5 levels of badges, there will have to be a reset for it sometime otherwise its going to take 9 other peoples worth of farming to get my dota 2 badge capped.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    Morning yall, speaking of SS2!

HEY DJ! TURN IT UP! IS THAT A GIVEAWAY!? I SAID TURN IT UP!

signature.png

Work that button, work that button, make sure you don't hurt no body.
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    @TeeMan - I thought that was odd too. I checked their forum and the devs confirmed it was coming to steam the 16th. They said the store page wouldn't be up until then, for whatever reason. T

@InkSplat - Good man. They haven't seemed to spread the word about their game very well, which is a shame because it looks fantastic.
    vamen wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone talking about the awesome looking 2d God game Reus, but it's out tomorrow on Steam. Woot!

Tomorrow? On Steam? It's not the Coming Soon list or even listed at all.

Huh, but yet there it is listed on their website. Good to see GOG is getting it too, might nab it on there unless there's some kind of Steam Workshop support.

@TeeMan - I thought that was odd too. I checked their forum and the devs confirmed it was coming to steam the 16th. They said the store page wouldn't be up until then, for whatever reason. Though still not up yet, seemingly.

@InkSplat - Good man. They haven't seemed to spread the word about their game very well, which is a shame because it looks fantastic.
    camo_sig.png
    WiiU - vamenn (MONSTER HUNTER!!!)
    XBL - dachishbudoka
    PS3 - dachish
    "Woe be to him that defies the tree"
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    The discounts for games they give are pretty weak unless they end up stacking. I spent $8ish this morning and rounded out my Portal 2 and HL2 collections and crafted the badges. I got some rare :p2cube: icon thing which I put up in the market for a few bucks less than the one already listed, and an :eli: one for HL2 which I did the same with. The discounts were 50% of Left 4 Dead 2 and 25% off Zeno Clash 2. Guess they'll sit there with my 50% Duke one. If they did stack I might finally buy L4D2 but we'll see.

If my two market things sell, I'll have made a profit though, and that's sort of cool.
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2013
    I just saw the Amazon discounts page. Most definitely going to be giving more stuff away.

Also, I remain one of the lucky ones without a trading card invite.
    KoopahTroopah on
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    So I asked about Civ V: Gold a couple days ago in regards to that Amazon sale. Today I noticed that there is a "Firaxis Complete Pack" which has Civ 4: Complete, Civ 5: Gold, and XCom: Enemy Unknown. That is a better deal for me as I wanted to get XCOM and Civ5: Gold. Civ4 is a decent throw in.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPBZDPE
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Shitwizards CUNTINGFUCKSHITASSRegistered User regular
    If anyone has an extra, I'd like an invite to the card madness. I've been wanting to play through HL2 again anyway so this just gives me another reason to.

Also, is it just HL2 or do Episodes 1 and 2 count as well?
    VMkxq9E.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Just HL2 for now
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Regarding Vampie: The fancy dress party what mods should I be loading into it to play it? I've heard it doesn't play nice with windows 7
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    Last night was the first time I really tried to play through HL2. I actually wanted to play through HL1 and failed spectacularly - the nit picky jumps just frustrated the crud out of me and I think without the rose colored glasses of nostalgia I had a hard time getting pulled into it. Since I didn't beat 1, I felt like starting 2 would make me miss something.

I was wrong. I got pulled in big time and can't wait to play through the whole thing. I'm sure there's back story I'm unaware of as everyone in the game seems super excited to see me but I don't know why (presumably I do awesome things in HL1), but the game is so great. I've played a lot of the games known for graphical flair, but HL2 is just amazing looking to me - especially in the detail of the world. I didn't play that long (I did leave it running overnight for cards) but I really wish I had played it before.
    steam_sig.png
    Regarding Vampire: The fancy dress party what mods should I be loading into it to play it? I've heard it doesn't play nice with windows 7

Bloodlines? If you're doing a first play, I would get the latest unofficial patch and nothing else. The unofficial patch fixes thousands of bugs and even unlocks some new content that wasn't finished at release. If you don't want the extra stuff, you can also choose to just install the bug fixes.