Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Uggg so I may have just bought the C&C collection that activates on origin for a nostalgia kick.

I feel so dirty.
    steam_sig.png
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    When I left the house I was the cheapest of each of my badge related emoticon thingies that I got, now I'm being undersold and can't login from work to fix it. I guess I should at least be happy there are only two of the p2cube for sale still, but I'd love to cut my price by half and see if it moves...
    steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    It is old news, but I finally sprang for the Double Fine Humble Bundle but instead only spending the bare minimum for another copy of Brutal Legend I went ahead and became a slacker backer for Broken Age. I thought I would have a slew of Double Fine games to give out (while finally getting Stacking for myself) but didn't read the fine print so now I only have Brutal Legend left to give away--though the slew of Double fine prototype goodies is nothing to sneeze at.
    Karoz on
    Steam: Karoz | Uplay: Renegade_Karoz | SMITE: Karoz
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    It's weird how the Sleepy Dogs Complete package is anything but. It's missing the 3 most recent "big" DLC releases. Weird. It does have the Nightmare one AND at 13 bucks, well worth it. Still. Fucking weird.

And I totally bought Risen 2 because...well, I can't really think of a great reason except I kinda dig the first and I like fantasy games with firearms.
    steam_sig.png
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    so.. Dark Souls or Ultimate Dreamcast Collection? I reeeeally want Nights.

Edit: Oh shit, Borderlands 2 for cheaper than amazon. Aaaah.
    InkSplat on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Booyah, Borderlands 2 for $13.59 on Steam!

Edit: Weekend, not daily, for those wondering.
    Darlan on
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Reus still not up. :(
    steam_sig.png
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    God damn it Steam, why couldn't hit have been another Magicka or Dungeon Defenders weekend?
    steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »

Dark Souls

Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of this generation. As much as I loved Borderlands 2, Dark Souls is what I'd recommend.
    The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Trying to reconcile what DLC steam has for sleeping dogs and what will be in the bundle is making my brain hurt
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Getting TF2 running on Linux so I could idlefarm cards was way too much effort.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Preparations for the birthday giveaway are complete.

And now we play the waiting game...
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I know it's not on steam but I was looking through that Amazon sale and all the Oddworld games are pretty cheap. What do people think of those? Are they worth getting? I remember thinking Abe's Odyssey and Exodus were pretty neat and I can afford them with couch money

EDIT: or rather, the amazon versions don't seem to use Steam
    Ed Gruberman on
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Borderlands 2, you tempt me. I will wait though. Gambling that you'll be cheaper come summer sale time or the DLC will be included.

I have Civ5/XCOM to tide me over for a while. And HL2:Ep1/2. My backlog will remain small!
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular

Dark Souls

Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of this generation. As much as I loved Borderlands 2, Dark Souls is what I'd recommend.

Is Dark Souls on sale somewhere I am not seeing?
    steam_sig.png
    MechWarrior Online: Khyber Pryde
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I know it's not on steam but I was looking through that Amazon sale and all the Oddworld games are pretty cheap. What do people think of those? Are they worth getting? I remember thinking Abe's Odyssey and Exodus were pretty neat and I can afford them with couch money

They were unreservedly fantastic, but with the passage of time the gameplay can show its age here and there. If you can put up with silly collection stuff and clunky controls for the sake of really awesome art and characters, go for it.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular

Dark Souls

Is Dark Souls on sale somewhere I am not seeing?

Yes, yes it is.
    Oh Dark Souls is on an Amazon.com sale, that site I cant use because my CC isn't American. Boooooo I really want that game.
    steam_sig.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hm, for that price I might actually get Borderlands 2.

Edit: Jeez, that is an absurd amount of dlc.
    Stabbity Style on
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
    Darlan wrote: »

They were unreservedly fantastic, but with the passage of time the gameplay can show its age here and there. If you can put up with silly collection stuff and clunky controls for the sake of really awesome art and characters, go for it.
    I guess I'll have to pick them up then. I always thought Exodus and Odyssey had a very similar feel to Flashback and Out of This World/Another World
    edited May 2013
    Oh Dark Souls is on an Amazon.com sale, that site I cant use because my CC isn't American. Boooooo I really want that game.

@Elimination

If you wanted to buy a amazon gift card (from their site, costs you nothing) someone in the US could proxy for you.

You could PM me if you wanted to do that and I'll take care of it for you if you'd like.
    iRevert on
    steam_sig.png
    iRevert wrote: »

@Elimination

If you wanted to buy a amazon gift card (from their site, costs you nothing) someone in the US could proxy for you.

You could PM me if you wanted to do that and I'll take care of it for you if you'd like.

How do I get an Amazon Giftcard in Canada? I've never seen one here. I have paypal though and I can buy the game of whom ever with Paypal, though it would have to be tomorrow morning ish as I work late tonight.
    steam_sig.png

I have a Canadian credit card and all I had to do was use a US shipping address. Conveniently I once shipped something to a hotel I stayed at and the address was still there but I'm sure you could just look up anything and use that.
    edited May 2013

@Elimination

How do I get an Amazon Giftcard in Canada? I've never seen one here. I have paypal though and I can buy the game of whom ever with Paypal, though it would have to be tomorrow morning ish as I work late tonight.

Oh you're in canada? Just put a US address as your shipping and you're good to go.

As a note the gift cards are on the very top of the screen next to "todays deals" and "sell" or you can just search "gift card email" and it should be the first result.
    iRevert on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith Registered User regular
    The card collecting thing has gotten under my skin.

I think it might have something to do with how much a MTG addict I was.

Now I'm actively thinking about getting the games I don't have to farm cards.

However I think I'll be strong enough to wait for Summer Dale to discount them.

Also, does anyone know what it takes to make DOTA2 generate cards? I made a purchase from in-game, but the badge hasn't appeared on my badge list, nor have any cards dropped for me while I'm idle.
    steam_sig.png
    I'm always looking for new steam friends!
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Amazon has got their shit figured out. This MAYhem deal is awesome. Wonder if Valve retaliates?

Oh, and someone take my credit cards away. I am about to do bad things.
    Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Krummith wrote: »

Also, does anyone know what it takes to make DOTA2 generate cards? I made a purchase from in-game, but the badge hasn't appeared on my badge list, nor have any cards dropped for me while I'm idle.

Psssst....I've got a couple of unopened beta boosters

Just think of what might be in them, oooh the temptation to pull apart that wrap and see what is inside hidden away for all these years...

You want a piece of that? Yeah you do, but I won't let you I'll just tease you.
    steam_sig.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    I want in on this card-collectin' bizness! Pesky Steam is refusing to send me an invite even though I've been signed up to the group for forever a day or two.
    steam_sig.png
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular

@Elimination

I'm in Canada and just bought something from the Amazon.com sale. Put in a US address as your shipping address and it goes through without a hitch. I suggest an Alaska, Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, or Oregon. They have no sales tax.

Psssst....I've got a couple of unopened beta boosters

Just think of what might be in them, oooh the temptation to pull apart that wrap and see what is inside hidden away for all these years...

You want a piece of that? Yeah you do, but I won't let you I'll just tease you.

You actually made my eye twitch. Just reading that I can almost relive what it was like walking into my local comic shop with a fist full of cash, just looking at the unopened boosters. I gotta call my sponsor, get to a meeting. Damn you Newell!
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah this MAYhem sale is a bit of a problem...

I've just bought 6 games.

I've never downloaded games from Amazon before. How do you install them if they have no DRM? Do I need any special programs or anything? It says I'm downloading an .afp file which don't know if I know how to use.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »

@Elimination

I'm in Canada and just bought something from the Amazon.com sale. Put in a US address as your shipping address and it goes through without a hitch. I suggest an Alaska, Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, or Oregon. They have no sales tax.

Wow, that sounds like a serious loop hole.
    For anyone who's been interested in Crusader Kings II, this is the deal for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-41303-Kings-Pack1/dp/B00B7UK2I2/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_49

For 9.99 you get Crusader Kings I and II, and a boatload of DLC for II. This is an insane deal, and will most likely sell out quickly.
    steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »

@Elimination

Wow, that sounds like a serious loop hole.

It's been like that for a while. I don't think they care too much.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
    Yeah this MAYhem sale is a bit of a problem...

I've just bought 6 games.

I've never downloaded games from Amazon before. How do you install them if they have no DRM? Do I need any special programs or anything? It says I'm downloading an .afp file which don't know if I know how to use.

That's odd, usually I get some kind of installer, which then downloads and installs the game. Amazon's customer support is really good, so I would contact them to try and straighten it out.
    steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    For anyone who's been interested in Crusader Kings II, this is the deal for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-41303-Kings-Pack1/dp/B00B7UK2I2/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_49

For 9.99 you get Crusader Kings I and II, and a boatload of DLC for II. This is an insane deal, and will most likely sell out quickly.

It shows $15 for me... But it's all Steam Keys?
  • HugglesHuggles Cinnabar is very toxic Not very huggableRegistered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    Booyah, Borderlands 2 for $13.59 on Steam!

Edit: Weekend, not daily, for those wondering.

I am weak and the Borderlands beckon.
    The Great Hugglean GW2 Alt Crisis status:
    [El]: 2 [En]: 2 [G]: 80 [M]: 31 [N]: 80 [R]: 2 [T]: 2 [W]: 34

Minecraft: Ginjinngear | Steam
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular

DOTA2 (and TF2 for some people) is bugged, it's not always registering you as a "purchasing" account.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163665337613/
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

DOTA2 (and TF2 for some people) is bugged, it's not always registering you as a "purchasing" account.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163665337613/

So you're saying that Badges and Cards for those games are less common?
    TARA.gif Click for Steam Profile. WiiU ID: Taramoor
  • FlorinFlorin RomaniaRegistered User regular
    Thank you @pricer! You're awesome!
    steam_sig.png