Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    I keep waiting for my phone to buzz with an invite, to no avail. Boo.
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC YorkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    This version of ME3 is also available for $8.99 which seems to include some of the DLC at least

FWIW the Digital Deluxe version of ME3 does carry a bit of extra content - I don't think of it as DLC per-se, since it came out at the same time as the game. It's basically an additional party member and their retrieval missions, but it's a lot of fun, and the party member is...um..unique. You won't miss it if you never had it, but I'm glad I sprung the extra few dollars for the Deluxe version back when I got it.

As for the rest of the DLC...well, as a counterpoint to my above, I never picked any of it. Much, much too expensive and awkward to purchase. But honestly, if "DLC prices" are stopping you from buying the Mass Effect series...just..stop. Buy them, right now. Come back after ~120 hours of play time on the three base games (based on my single play through play times) and then decide if you even care about the DLC.

ETA: @Drascin: put double quote marks around the name, after the (at) symbol.
    CroakerBC on
    steam_sig.png
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Wait, it costs $20 to get the other 2 Borderlands 2 classes? Toss that.

This puts me off of the DLC tremendously, its like I pick up items that say "only usable by mecromancer" and find out it costs me $9.99 to unlock that and it really changes my mood on getting the DLC. lolo gifted me borderlands (1 and 2) and I enjoyed the everloving shit out of both of them and just recently started getting into multiplayer and have been debating on picking up the DLC when it goes on sale but shelling out $20 for two new classes is so off putting to me. I'd consider it if it was $5 for both of those class types and even if it was $5 for one I might consider it but it just goes against every thing I really stand for in terms of DLC so I'll end up not getting it till it drops into that price range.

It really is a shame that they did that, I understand "pre-order bonuses" and incentives but $10 for a single class is pushing it. It should have been unlocked for those who preordered and then either unlocked when people beat the game or unlocked a few months down the road for people.

Mechromancer was a pre-order bonus but I know I won't be picking up Kreig any time soon, if at all.
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    hmmm... CS:GO...

Should I get it or not?
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL: Manetherenwolf | PSN: Manetherenwolf | STEAM: Manetherenwolf
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    hmmm... CS:GO...

Should I get it or not?

Yes.

Everyone buy it and play with me!
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    My first card drop is a foil Gordon Freeman. This pleases me.

:-(

I read somewhere that you can only get foils after being level 10, and even then it's not guaranteed.
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    I wish I knew why I don't have the achievement showcase. I don't think it's level, because there are people with a lower level than me that has it.

I guess card drops for TF2 and Dota 2 are (going to be) renewable.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163665337613/
    Not receiving game card drops in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2
    Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page. UPDATE: this does not seem to be granting drops properly right now (but we are tracking purchases). Hopefully we can resolve the issue by tomorrow.

Bolding mine.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    My trading card invite just came through. I have 3 to give away, and I want more friends! Add me and hit me up in Steam and I'll send an invite at you. First come first serve!
    steam_sig.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, I got a beta invite.

Time to go guitar shopping.
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Evil Snake Cult Leader Registered User regular

I read somewhere that you can only get foils after being level 10, and even then it's not guaranteed.

I believe that's true. I ran through the Community badge to get level 10 and then booted up HL2. I played one song in Theatrhythm and checked, lo and behold there's my foil.
    I checked the marketplace and there's only one out there, selling for a simply ridiculous £130. I'm half tempted to put mine up for half that, but I don't see the point since the EU Diablo 3 RMAH tells me that people in this region are much less frivolous with cash:-(

I also just got a regular Gordon & Alyx, but that's much less interesting.
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    What is the combat in ME3 like?
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Pretty much like ME2
    camo_sig2.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    ...so @Dyvim Tvar just sidestepped the exchange I offered and just out and outright sent me a key for Risen 2 no questions asked.

Goddamn, the class here is overwhelming. Thanks, man!

EDIT. how do you @ properly with two word names?

You have to enclose multi-word names in quotation marks.
    "Quote me as being mis-quoted." -- Groucho Marx
    camo_sig2.png
    PSN/Xbox Live: shdwcaster
    My Backloggery
    My Goodreads. Like a Backloggery for books.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    That is so god damn tempting
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif

I believe that's true. I ran through the Community badge to get level 10 and then booted up HL2. I played one song in Theatrhythm and checked, lo and behold there's my foil.
    I checked the marketplace and there's only one out there, selling for a simply ridiculous £130. I'm half tempted to put mine up for half that, but I don't see the point since the EU Diablo 3 RMAH tells me that people in this region are much less frivolous with cash:-(

I don't know how people got to level 10 already. Are you just min/maxing? Getting all the cards in the games you don't care about to get the cards in the games you do?
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

From the FAQ:

What are Foil Trading Cards?
    Once you reach Steam Level 10, there is a small chance whenever you get a Trading Card from playing a game that it will have a special foil border. You'll need to collect a set of foil cards in order to craft them into a foil badge. There is no extra benefit to having foil cards or foil badges aside from their rarity.

steam_sig.png
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    ...so @Dyvim Tvar just sidestepped the exchange I offered and just out and outright sent me a key for Risen 2 no questions asked.

Goddamn, the class here is overwhelming. Thanks, man!

EDIT. how do you @ properly with two word names?

Surround the name with ". Funny enough, I learned this while trying to do it to the very same person.
    steam_sig.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    GOD DAMNIT VALVE MADE ANOTHER SET OF HATS
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Just got 3 invites to the card business.

If anyone wants one we can work something out.
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I started at level 10, old badges like sales participation etc all gave exp, and the years of service one was alot of exp as well.
    steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Oh hey, that Reus game, that 2D god game, is out. It looks pretty fun.

Someone else buy it and tell me all about it!

8->
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Oh hey, that Reus game, that 2D god game, is out. It looks pretty fun.

Someone else buy it and tell me all about it!

8->

I bought it but won't be able to play it for a few hours.
    steam_sig.png

I don't know how people got to level 10 already. Are you just min/maxing? Getting all the cards in the games you don't care about to get the cards in the games you do?

I basically started at level 9 more than half way to ten. Old badges give good XP, my 6 years of service badge gave 300 I think.
    Then it was just a matter of working the Community badge up to the gold, which was only a few things I hadn't already done.
    Oh for fucks sake you all wont stop talking about cards
    Anyone have an invite?
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
    Oh for fucks sake you all wont stop talking about cards
    Anyone have an invite?

Hit me up on Steam. I've got what you need.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    You know, considering I can't get foils till I hit 10 and have an extremely strict limit on the number of cards I can get...

I just kinda don't wanna touch the games that give me cards until I hit level 10.
    You know, considering I can't get foils till I hit 10 and have an extremely strict limit on the number of cards I can get...

I just kinda don't wanna touch the games that give me cards until I hit level 10.

Agreed, but I've already blown through the HL2 and Don't Starve cards I can get. And I'm still only level 6 or so.
    Thanks @Dyvim Tvar for the invite.

Is it just me or do some things in the Community badge just not unlock? The activity feed stuff, greenlight queue voting, they did nothing.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • CourtOfOwlsCourtOfOwls Registered User regular
    I started a gamble to see if I could come out on top of this whole card biz. I collected the max cards for both tf2 and hl2, put in $10 and bought the rest of the sets on the market to create the badges. I sold the profile background and emoticons and ended up 0.71 cents on top while gaining 3 steam levels (golden pillar badge requirements included). I thought it was worth the gamble to get closer to steam level 10.
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    What is this card thing people are talking about? Also boo at Borderlands 2 being 66% off but all the DLC being full price.
    Thanks @Dyvim Tvar for the invite.

Is it just me or do some things in the Community badge just not unlock? The activity feed stuff, greenlight queue voting, they did nothing.

They can take time to update properly.
    I had to subscribe to three things before that unlocked for me. Had to queue vote like five times, it's just pretty finickity I think.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Eventually they're going to introduce random boosters that drop, requiring you to buy a pair of 'Valve Scissors' to open them for a chance of getting an unusual card.

These unusual cards can then be combined to create an unusual set reward.

The set reward then sells for approximately the price of my Steam Library.
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    Fine, Steam. I'll just sit over here in the corner and not get any cards. Boo.
    steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith Registered User regular
    It looks like another 50,000 invites are being sent out today for the TCG beta. So if you aren't in yet, you may be soon.
    steam_sig.png
    I'm always looking for new steam friends!
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2013
    I have Dota: Rikimaru, Portal: Chell, Mannequin. Don't Starve: Wilson. Anyone want to trade any of these for Alyx Vance, or G-Man?

edit: Boom, first badge get!

edit 2: LEVEL 12. Am I winning?
    SniperGuy on
    There we go, level 10; that was easy.

I've been wanting to replay HL2 anyway.
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    What is this card thing people are talking about?