Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    So do I need to buy something in tf2 or dota for cards to drop? Do we get cards in the free weekend of cs?
    steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    So do I need to buy something in tf2 or dota for cards to drop? Do we get cards in the free weekend of cs?
    I kinda doubt it. I know DOTA won't drop anything if you don't buy anything.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Wooooo finally got my invite to the card thing it says I have some invites or something too so I'll look and figure out how to send toss out later I'm waiting to watch Star Trek right now but soon I WILL SENT INVITES.
    steam_sig.png
    WiiU NNID: BigDookie
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I don't really know anything about TCG. Are foils like rare cards or something?
    steam_sig.png
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    A big thanks to @striderjg for gifting me Arkham Asylum: GOTY! It's been on my wishlist for a while, and I actually mentioned in this thread recently that I've been hankering for some Metroidvanias, so thanks!
    steam_sig.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I don't really know anything about TCG. Are foils like rare cards or something?

Yep, foil are rare. You can craft a foil badge if you use foil cards also.
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU
  • slappybagslappybag Registered User regular
    are the card drops random? i got 3 spy cards in TF2 and played that class almost exclusively
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    are the card drops random? i got 3 spy cards in TF2 and played that class almost exclusively

So far as anyone knows, completely random.
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • BigityBigity Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have a 75% off TW: Shogun 2 if someone wants it.

EDIT: Just PM, because this thread moves too fast to catch it in a post :P
    Bigity on
    steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    Crafted a HL2 set and got a "Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman" background, which is listed as "rare".

There are two listed on the marketplace, one for $17.49 and the other for $24.80

Interesting.
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Psh, no one wants to fully embrace the Newell and switch to a digital bank? Fine, I'll take my invites and go home! :P
    steam_sig.png
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    I have three beta card invites right now. PM me on Steam if you want one.
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I see how it is @Saaruto! I gift you a game, then like a ninja, you ninja gift me a game about ninjas when I leave my ninja-computer for a ninja-minute. How Ninja of you! I shall silently cut down a swath of enemies in your name (or just because it'll be cool, I haven't decided!)

Thanks a lot!
    Dahkath on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1005-9043-1577
  • ThrackThrack Registered User regular
    Does buying things from the Steam Community Market count as 'buying' a F2P game? Basically can I buy a $0.03 DOTA2 crate and then get cards or do I have buy at least a key directly from Valve?
    image-1_zpsdcb9eee1.png
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Dahkath wrote: »
    I see how it is @Saaruto! I gift you a game, then like a ninja, you ninja gift me a game about ninjas when I leave my ninja-computer for a ninja-minute. How Ninja of you! I shall silently cut down a swath of enemies in your name (or just because it'll be cool, I haven't decided!)

Thanks a lot!

If this was a real ninja post we'd already be de
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, got into the beta and got 3 TF2 cards while I was at the gym!

I still haven't gotten my beta invites for other people yet, though. I'll send some out when I do!
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Thrack wrote: »
    Does buying things from the Steam Community Market count as 'buying' a F2P game? Basically can I buy a $0.03 DOTA2 crate and then get cards or do I have buy at least a key directly from Valve?

Probably have to buy a key, considering you get crate drops for free all the time.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • IoloIolo Registered User regular
    No one get too worked up about the apparently limited card drops. Nothing Valve has ever done stayed the same as when they launched it.
    steam_sig.png

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    If anyone wants it I've got invites to the cardgame.
    steam_sig.png
    I need all of the Half Life 2 cards except for "Gordon and Alyx" so I can craft a level 2 HL2 badge.

I have cards for Engineer, Scout, Heavy, and two Demoman to trade for them.

Anyone need any of those?
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

yes plz
  • minirhyderminirhyder NYCRegistered User regular

I waaannntt D:
    steam_sig.png
    BF3 Battlelog | Twitter | World of Tanks Profile
    Selling a brand new NZXT Hale82 650W Modular PSU - PM me for details
    I still have a couple to throw out if people still need, drop me a msg on steam.
    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2013
    Try this once more before bed. I NEED SOME DON'T STARVE CARDAGANZA!
    I have Dota: Riki,Razor
    Portal: Chell, Mannequin.
    TF2: Pyro

I need Willow, Maxwell, and Wolfgang. WHO'S UP FOR TRADIN'
    SniperGuy on
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

yes plz
    minirhyder wrote: »

I waaannntt D:

Add me on steam
    steam_sig.png
    This war for the overworld. Is this the dungeon game all us DK fans have finally been looking for?

Those screencaps look exactly like what I have been looking for in a sequal.
    steam_sig.png
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    This war for the overworld. Is this the dungeon game all us DK fans have finally been looking for?

Dungeons looked exactly like what I had been looking for too.... it wasn't
    So I am happy to wait until someone can bite the bullet on War for the Overworld and let us know.
    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
  • TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular

Those screencaps look exactly like what I have been looking for in a sequel.

I'm trying to find coverage for it but it's all 4-5 month old pre-alpha tech demo coverage. Nor can I find any written previews or reviews... For $22 and considering how much of a flop this genre has been for recent imitators (Impire), I'm going to wait for some coverage first before breaking the Golden Rule.
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
    Yea, 22$ is pretty steep. I didn't even know they had a kickstarter, wonder if it would have been cheaper to get on board then. I'll think about it and maybe give it a whirl.
    steam_sig.png
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Thought process: Man, I've been a little stressed lately I'll just play a game and relax. 'boots up YS: Oath' '10 deaths later' Damn it, I know these games aren't relaxing why the fuck did I do this.

Also - I skipped some pages, what the fuck is going on with all these trading card posts?

And I am way too excited for Stardew. I may be more excited for Stardew than I am Starbound.
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Definitely interested in a steam tcg beta invite if someone has one spare...steam id is also docken
    Docken on
    steam_sig.png
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    All praise to @striderjg! Giver of Civilizatin IV complete! Destroyer of productivity!
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam!: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/
    Docken wrote: »
    Definitely interested in a steam tcg beta invite if someone has one spare...steam id is also docken

Beta invites are selling on the market for around a quarter USD, so if you guys can't get one from another forumer you probably have enough money in your couch cushions to buy one.
  • ShimshaiShimshai Registered User regular
    I'm curious where I stand on the Steam level gauge. I don't play a huge variety of games, but the ones I do play, I play a lot.

It does help when my girlfriend finds Skyrim and gets sucked into it. As do I, again.

Once my exams are done, I might actually have time to check and see if I have a trading card beta.

Also, hello Steam thread! I may not post much in here, but I see what you're all up to. Classy as usual. :)

This might well be the best thread in the whole internets.
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

You could always buy Impire
    Don't buy Impire
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne