Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I'm curious where I stand on the Steam level gauge. I don't play a huge variety of games, but the ones I do play, I play a lot.

It does help when my girlfriend finds Skyrim and gets sucked into it. As do I, again.

Once my exams are done, I might actually have time to check and see if I have a trading card beta.

Also, hello Steam thread! I may not post much in here, but I see what you're all up to. Classy as usual. :)

This might well be the best thread in the whole internets.

From looking at your badges, probably about 8 or 9.
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I still have a couple to throw out if people still need, drop me a msg on steam.

Thanks again Kafka for the vite.:)
    steam_sig.png
  • slappybagslappybag Registered User regular
    This war for the overworld. Is this the dungeon game all us DK fans have finally been looking for?

Those screencaps look exactly like what I have been looking for in a sequal.
    My brother bought it and played some, it is extremely buggy so far. But the gameplay I saw from him had it looking exactly like Dungeon Keeper 2.

• TeeManTeeMan Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    This war for the overworld. Is this the dungeon game all us DK fans have finally been looking for?

Those screencaps look exactly like what I have been looking for in a sequal.
    My brother bought it and played some, it is extremely buggy so far. But the gameplay I saw from him had it looking exactly like Dungeon Keeper 2.

Considering it was in a pre-alpha state as close as 4 months ago, this saddens but doesn't surprise me.
    Steam: TeeMan
    GOG: hellisforheroes
    Tumblr: BrainSpoon
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I'm curious where I stand on the Steam level gauge. I don't play a huge variety of games, but the ones I do play, I play a lot.

It does help when my girlfriend finds Skyrim and gets sucked into it. As do I, again.

Once my exams are done, I might actually have time to check and see if I have a trading card beta.

Also, hello Steam thread! I may not post much in here, but I see what you're all up to. Classy as usual. :)

This might well be the best thread in the whole internets.

From looking at your badges, probably about 8 or 9.

Close, he's level 7.
    camo_sig2.png
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Finally got borderlands 2

turns out you can mute the dialog entirely! the game is finally playable
    Box Live: TIFunkalicious
    LoL: Nerf Love
    Steam: TIFunk
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror Riot Nrrd Registered User regular
    Just got an invite to the card beta from @Idx86! Thanks! I haven't been this excited about trading cards since I had a tin full of X-Men cards in the '90s.
    camo_sig2.png
  • StragintStragint Registered User regular
    What is this I hear about a Steam card game?
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    I got 3 Trading Card beta invites available to the next three people to ask.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • ElinElin Registered User regular

I would like one so I'm not so lost in the conversation, please.
  • StollsStolls Registered User regular
    Finally. Jesus, this build was determined to fight me. Oh well, least she's working now. (Old and busted, and the new hotness.)

So! What'd I miss, Steam thread? I feel like I've been away for a month.

...collectable cards, you say? Oh boy. Ohhhh boy D:
    steam_sig.png
    I write for these people. Just reviewed: Drox Operative
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I'd like one as well.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Elin wrote: »

I would like one so I'm not so lost in the conversation, please.
    spool32 wrote: »

I'd like one as well.

Get on Steam :)

EDIT: VeeVee snagged the last one.

Elin, get online so I can friend you. :D
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C GermanyRegistered User regular

The third one taken yet?
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    ...must...respect....other...people's....opinions....

Nah.

Sure, you have to accept their right to have an opinion, regardless of how incredibly bad it may be.

But you don't have to respect the opinion.

Like. If I said, Borderlands 2 had terrible dialogue, you have to respect that I may feel that way.

But considering the opinion itself would be so impossibly wrong as to risk imploding existence, you don't have to respect the opinion!

And now for something completely different!

Can someone clarify for me how pricing on the Steam Market works? Say, a card I have's lowest sell price shows up as $0.89. When I list my card it asks me what I will get and what the buyer will pay after fees. My question is: Is 'what the buyer pays' the same as what I see on the market, that $0.89? Or when the buyer clicks that $0.89 will they have to pay fees on top of that? I.E. If I list what I get at $0.89 will that be what it shows on the market?
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand

The third one taken yet?

Yep. Sorry.
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent Registered User regular
    I got three invites to this Steam Trading Card Beta madness burning a hole in my virtual pocket. Anyone who hasn't managed to grab one yet, just let me know. I'll be glad to send them out to the first three to ask. These babies are worth about 17 cents on the open market, so you're getting quite the bargain.
    steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    S, I need Portal 2 cards to reach level 10.

I have a spare Intro.

I need any of Mannequin, Underground, Chell, Destruction, or Finale.

If anyones up for a trade before I go onto the market, send me a friend request on Steam or meessage me there if we're already friends

The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • VeeveeVeevee Registered User regular
    I just checked out the steam community, and is Bills Hat for TF2 really selling for over $100? I think I may need to sell it...
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    I just checked out the steam community, and is Bills Hat for TF2 really selling for over $100? I think I may need to sell it...

Bill's hat is worth around 2 buds, which is worth around $70 ($35 per bud).
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
    I wonder what percentage of TF2 players purchase items at and over $100. Is the economy banking on whales?
    I sold my $230 hat for $160 in sellable small items and a $70 hat, so at least one? And apparently there are a couple massive spenders. The guy with the biggest backpack has like 30k worth of TF2 stuff.
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    I got three invites to this Steam Trading Card Beta madness burning a hole in my virtual pocket. Anyone who hasn't managed to grab one yet, just let me know. I'll be glad to send them out to the first three to ask. These babies are worth about 17 cents on the open market, so you're getting quite the bargain.

Yes, please, I would like an invite. My Steam ID is in the sig.

Seriously? I have that hat and I don't even play TF2 anymore.
    steam_sig.png
    I sold my $230 hat for $160 in sellable small items and a $70 hat, so at least one? And apparently there are a couple massive spenders. The guy with the biggest backpack has like 30k worth of TF2 stuff.

Seems like the sort of person that would "invest" in the development of Project CARS hoping to see some kind of return one day i.e.: a complete bender
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I've still got a pair of invites to the card beta if anyone wants them just add me on steam and send me a message and they are yours.
    steam_sig.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular

Bill's hat is worth around 2 buds, which is worth around $70 ($35 per bud).

Sweet sugar coated baby jesus! maybe I should sell mine....
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    A massive thank you to @Luchaire who saw fit to brighten my work night with a gift of Postal 2! Only 31 to go for that 1000 Mark! You rock and I hope you have a fantastic birthday!
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular

The third one taken yet?

Woke up to find three in my inventory this morning. Got ya covered!

Another couple still availabubble.

steam_sig.png
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have some invites as well, if anyone still hasn't joined the party just ask away.

edit: Still one left.
    oakke on
    steam_sig.png
  • The MantizThe Mantiz Registered User regular
    oakke wrote: »
    I have some invites as well, if anyone still hasn't joined the party just ask away.

I'll gladly take one.
    steam_sig.png
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Hell of an Amazon sale.
    jkZziGc.png
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to Ashe and Oakke who both gifted me digital drugs card beta invites. :)
    steam_sig.png
    Woo, got my first Foil card! A Portal 2 Destruction Foil.

Gonna put that up on the market and hope it sells.
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I got all the cards I can get and no foils, but I did get several duplicates so :/

On the plus side this has gotten me to finally play through Portal 2, which so far is easy but totally worth playing for the dialog.
    camo_sig2.png
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    So, does the "wait til lvl10 before farming for cards" trick work at all? Don't wanna miss my chances of getting one myself.
    steam_sig.png
    emp123 wrote: »
    I got all the cards I can get and no foils, but I did get several duplicates so :/

On the plus side this has gotten me to finally play through Portal 2, which so far is easy but totally worth playing for the dialog.

I have a duplicate CS:GO Anarchist if you want to trade.

And yes, Portal 2 is a pretty great game.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Sadly, I think I'm totes done with all the games I can get cards in except for TF2, DOTA2, and CSGO, and I'm not going to spend money for virtual cards. Woulda been nice to get a shiny and sell it at a profit, but now I'm gonna focus on getting a damn Wolfgang/Don't Starve card to complete my set.

Anyone want a Gordon Freeman?
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Alright, checked Arkham City off the ever-expanding backlog. (So good.) Not nearly done with it though. 30 some odd hours in, says Steam, and I finish the game....with my overall completion at 54%. Uh oh. I think I might be getting into something here.

obligatory "GFWL is the most awfulest piece of shit ever" rant goes here. seriously i want to murder it in the face

Also, I wouldn't be inclined to decline a card beta invite, if anybody has extras. :bz
    camo_sig2.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Registered User regular
    oakke wrote: »
    So, does the "wait til lvl10 before farming for cards" trick work at all? Don't wanna miss my chances of getting one myself.

Well it works because you can't get foils until you are level 10. But unless you have a large amount of years of service and the badges from previous sales you won't be level 10 without actually starting to collect some decks.
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU