Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Krummith wrote: »
    The card collecting thing has gotten under my skin.

I think it might have something to do with how much a MTG addict I was.

Now I'm actively thinking about getting the games I don't have to farm cards.

However I think I'll be strong enough to wait for Summer Dale to discount them.

Also, does anyone know what it takes to make DOTA2 generate cards? I made a purchase from in-game, but the badge hasn't appeared on my badge list, nor have any cards dropped for me while I'm idle.

DOTA2 (and TF2 for some people) is bugged, it's not always registering you as a "purchasing" account.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163665337613/

So you're saying that Badges and Cards for those games are less common?

I don't have any statistics on rarities at this time.

Alternately, if that was a joke, *woosh*
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So I have a demoman and sniper TF2 card for tradsies is anyone is interested.

I also have a 75% off Shogun 2 coupon for anyone who wants to give it a good home. I just cant take care of any more Shogun 2s unfortunately.
    camo_sig2.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    For anyone who's been interested in Crusader Kings II, this is the deal for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-41303-Kings-Pack1/dp/B00B7UK2I2/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_49

For 9.99 you get Crusader Kings I and II, and a boatload of DLC for II. This is an insane deal, and will most likely sell out quickly.
    It's $15 for that bundle but it's all steam keys except for CK1. 22 separate steam keys for CK2 and all the DLC.

Incindium on
    edited May 2013
    No offical source, but this was just posted in the SteamTCG FAQ thread:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163643776320/#c828939163725395828
    "Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

You have a limited number of Trading Card drops for each game that does not reset.

Additional cards can be gained through Steam Trading or purchasing them off the Community Market."
    Houn on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • KrummithKrummith Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    For anyone who's been interested in Crusader Kings II, this is the deal for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-41303-Kings-Pack1/dp/B00B7UK2I2/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_49

For 9.99 you get Crusader Kings I and II, and a boatload of DLC for II. This is an insane deal, and will most likely sell out quickly.

It shows $15 for me... But it's all Steam Keys?

Whoops! Yup it's $15, and all the CKII stuff is steam, the CKI is not. As far as I can tell it is DRM free. Also, it's CKI Complete, so it has it's DLC as well.
    steam_sig.png
    I'm always looking for new steam friends!
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    No officeal source, but this was just posted in the SteamTCG FAQ thread:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/828939163643776320/#c828939163725395828

You have a limited number of Trading Card drops for each game that does not reset.

Additional cards can be gained through Steam Trading or purchasing them off the Community Market."

Well that hardly seems fun.
    Taramoor on
    TARA.gif Click for Steam Profile. WiiU ID: Taramoor
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    Afternoon reminder-Closing on Saturday

signature.png

Thought: with the supply being fairly limited, card selling may eventually become very profitable:
    (New Steam Account > "Activate" TF2 and DOTA2 > Idlefarm cards > Sell Cards > Repeat)

Also, I fully expect Valve to start selling "Booster Packs" of either Random Cards, or Drop Refreshes.
    camo_sig2.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    I have double Gordon Freemans. Is it worth selling or should I just trade with someone?
    I have double Gordon Freemans. Is it worth selling or should I just trade with someone?

I'm personally holding on to mine until we see how the market shakes out. It's only worth about a $1.11 on the market right now.

Though, the foil is going for almost $30...
    camo_sig2.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Wu--why would they do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaSlM0abNNM
    KoopahTroopah on
  • CourtOfOwlsCourtOfOwls Registered User regular
    There's a G-man Foil going for over $200 atm! Just a single G-man. If anyone wants to try triple town, or little inferno, I haz coupons to give away. just message me.

Wu--why would they do that?

YWiHU.jpg
    camo_sig2.png
    In other news, only one TF2 card drop left for me. Though I've also gotten two TF2 items while idling.

I don't get it. I don't understand the business goal of people idling in games.
    camo_sig2.png
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Shitwizards CUNTINGFUCKSHITASSRegistered User regular
    In other news, only one TF2 card drop left for me. Though I've also gotten two TF2 items while idling.

I don't think the intent is to just have people idle in the game, I think they want them to play the games and also get cards while they're doing it.
    VMkxq9E.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »
    Oh Dark Souls is on an Amazon.com sale, that site I cant use because my CC isn't American. Boooooo I really want that game.

@Elimination

If you wanted to buy a amazon gift card (from their site, costs you nothing) someone in the US could proxy for you.

You could PM me if you wanted to do that and I'll take care of it for you if you'd like.

How do I get an Amazon Giftcard in Canada? I've never seen one here. I have paypal though and I can buy the game of whom ever with Paypal, though it would have to be tomorrow morning ish as I work late tonight.

I'm in Canada and just bought something from the Amazon.com sale. Put in a US address as your shipping address and it goes through without a hitch. I suggest an Alaska, Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, or Oregon. They have no sales tax.

Wow, that sounds like a serious loop hole.

It's been like that for a while. I don't think they care too much.

Do I have to make a new account to do it? I try to log in on my normal account it kicks me to the canadian site and tells me I can't order anything from the American one.
    steam_sig.png
    MechWarrior Online: Khyber Pryde
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Right now, 90% of the games are stuff people like because its from valve. People who like valve games will want tf2, portal 2, half life 2 cards for badges for those games because they really like those games. Don't starve is much lesser known, and fewer people have it comparatively. If you want to max out a DS card set its much easier if you can trade cards from a Valve game.

When more games come out they'll be much less common I think, which can make finding cards for stuff like dead island, or other steamworks games easier when you have way more games available to trade for, especially if the 'total card drop' amount doesnt reset. Soon it wont be too bad to trade for more dota cards when theres like 30 games I have cards for I can trade with.
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    It always bugs me when they don't put the DLC on sale too. Guess I'll wait a little longer on Krieg.
    steam_sig-400.png
    Darmak wrote: »

I don't think the intent is to just have people idle in the game, I think they want them to play the games and also get cards while they're doing it.

If that were the case, the card/item acquisition should be linked to some gameplay element, even if it's just an idle timer. I don't think that Valve particularly cares that you can earn goods via idling, so long as a percentage of them are being sold on the Market so they can take their cut.
    camo_sig2.png
    Kanden wrote: »
    These cards are awesome, I just traded a single card for the Mass Effect Collection and CS:GO.
    I'm assuming you got a foil? Or found a sucker.
    camo_sig2.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

Yeah, that seems a bit blah.
    steam_sig.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    It always bugs me when they don't put the DLC on sale too. Guess I'll wait a little longer on Krieg.

Well, Krieg literally JUST came out... the rest of the DLC not being on sale though, THAT'S the silly part.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Idx86Idx86 A man chooses A slave obeysRegistered User regular
    Fuck it, I'm buying Dark Souls even though I have it for 360. I was planning on porting my console library over to Steam anyway.
    sig.gif

2008, 2012 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Bah, TF2 Drops completed, no foils.

Looks like no easy money for Houn today...
    camo_sig2.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Honestly not being able to earn more cards kinda bums me out.

I'd be fine if it was like 1 of the 8 is bullshit rare. I just wanna keep seeing my collection grow. Then mold 10 pyros into a refined pyro which I can trade for hats.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yeah I expected more of a TF2 hat/junk system. Slowly gain stuff through play do weird stuff with them.
    But if you say just want to play Don't Starve you could never complete a set without buying the other cards or finding something else of value to trade for them, let alone multiple levels.
    I was surprised at how quickly the cards dropped. But I guess it's a good thing if they're the only ones that ever will.
    steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Fuck it, I'm buying Dark Souls even though I have it for 360. I was planning on porting my console library over to Steam anyway.

Yesssssss. Join us.

Now install the Durabte mod and DScfix and I'll invade jolly coop with you
    The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »

Well, Krieg literally JUST came out... the rest of the DLC not being on sale though, THAT'S the silly part.
    Oh, I assumed with the trailer dropping months ago he'd been out for a while, but i see now that it's been 2 days not 2 months. Ok, well then, carry on.
    steam_sig-400.png
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »
    Oh Dark Souls is on an Amazon.com sale, that site I cant use because my CC isn't American. Boooooo I really want that game.

@Elimination

If you wanted to buy a amazon gift card (from their site, costs you nothing) someone in the US could proxy for you.

You could PM me if you wanted to do that and I'll take care of it for you if you'd like.

How do I get an Amazon Giftcard in Canada? I've never seen one here. I have paypal though and I can buy the game of whom ever with Paypal, though it would have to be tomorrow morning ish as I work late tonight.

I'm in Canada and just bought something from the Amazon.com sale. Put in a US address as your shipping address and it goes through without a hitch. I suggest an Alaska, Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, or Oregon. They have no sales tax.

Wow, that sounds like a serious loop hole.

It's been like that for a while. I don't think they care too much.

Do I have to make a new account to do it? I try to log in on my normal account it kicks me to the canadian site and tells me I can't order anything from the American one.

@Elimination, you shouldn't have to use a new account. I logged in at Amazon.com, went into my account settings and made a new address (picked a restaurant I went to in Montana once) and then it let me buy it.
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hey, guys, here's a thing. I really can't justify to myself spending money in games right now, due to the whole bank thing I mentioned last time, but I really want some of the game on sale at Amazon, such as the Sega Fun Pack (mostly because Nights), the Age of Empires III collection, or Risen 2.

What I do have, though, are some codes I got in an old sale. I think most of them weren't used. They are for:

Homefront
    Space Marine
    Red faction Armageddon
    Metro 2033

If anyone would be so nice as to be willing to try a trade, one or more of my codes for any of the games I want, I'd be really grateful. Of course I'd give you the codes first so we can make sure they still work, because I'm not sure whether I gifted any of these to someone here, I'm afraid!
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I would like an invite if anyone per chance has one?
    steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

It's $15 for that bundle but it's all steam keys except for CK1. 22 separate steam keys for CK2 and all the DLC.

It doesn't look like the complete bundle has The Republic and Sunset Invasion though.

And a Borderlands 2 weekend, but no sale on DLC/season pass? Boo-urns!
    Steam ID: DoctorArch Xbox Live: DoctorArch
  • SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    CS:GO finally on sale...my patience has been rewarded! Also, Mass Effect collection on sale for $10...is this a steal?
    If you can chill, chill.
    SC2: Topp.924
    Steam ID
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Sweet, Stardew Valley got greenlit.

All this money I'm throwing at the screen will actually do something soon.
    steam_sig.png
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

It doesn't look like the complete bundle has The Republic and Sunset Invasion though.

And a Borderlands 2 weekend, but no sale on DLC/season pass? Boo-urns!

Yes it does
    steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Saaruto wrote: »
    CS:GO finally on sale...my patience has been rewarded! Also, Mass Effect collection on sale for $10...is this a steal?

Not really. ME frequently goes on sale for $5; ME2 is certainly worth $5, but keep in mind that it comes with no DLC, and that shit never goes on sale; and 2 has a ton.

If you've never played the ME games, by all means go for it. But if you're just looking for copies on the PC...either hold out until EA finally releases 'ultimate' editions for 2 & 3, or just wait and catch a copy of the Trilogy on sale (it's been as low as $20 for all 3 games various times in various places...Origin though...but that's the only place to get 3).
    360.png Galedrid - Steam.gif Galedrid - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367 - WoW.gif Benediction
    Origin.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
    - FFXI.png Kingshand
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    Let's say hypothetically you were very, very stressed out. Let's say you've been the only person in your department at work repeatedly for the past few weeks, you've got some money things from your past that just reared their ugly heads, you're so overworked that you spend 8 hours a day with your stomach in a tight knot, you have a certification test next week you really aren't prepared for, it's the end of the school year for your kid and wife meaning tons of events and expenses, and just basically you're a complete wreck of a person running on caffeine and little sleep. What games would folks play during a partial day off to relax? Something completely non-competitive and no sense of urgency involved - the opposite of on online shooter, or bit.trip runner or Dungeon Hearts for example. Something that would help you recharge a bit. Something insanely cheap or already in my library due to aforementioned financial surprises.

I was thinking Dear Esther or Farming Sim seemed very mellow, but what else might folks recommend?
    steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    If you're like me and don't have a Dota 2 badge even though you bought something from the store to convert it to Premium, there was an update regarding the bug:
    UPDATE: this does not seem to be granting drops properly right now (but we are tracking purchases). Hopefully we can resolve the issue by tomorrow.
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I'm on to you Steam! I joined the trading card group yesterday but I didn't get my email until just now. It came immediately after my purchase confirmation for Rising Storm.

Shenanigans! :P
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]