Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The [steam] thread - Serving the Newell with open hearts and wallets.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    So I actually bought a key in the DOTA 2 store last night(to upgrade my account status) and then sold it for a loss but cards are still not dropping. I saw a note in the Trading Cards group discussion that they are aware of it.

Anyone have a spare copy of HL2? Cause I'm one of the few that doesn't actually own it... And I want to card farm(so sad I know).
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    rikdaly wrote: »
    So I asked about Civ V: Gold a couple days ago in regards to that Amazon sale. Today I noticed that there is a "Firaxis Complete Pack" which has Civ 4: Complete, Civ 5: Gold, and XCom: Enemy Unknown. That is a better deal for me as I wanted to get XCOM and Civ5: Gold. Civ4 is a decent throw in.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPBZDPE

So I'm being foiled by Amazon due to living in Canada. I assume if I had someone from the USA buy this pack I would still be able to redeem the codes on Steam?

If so, anyone interested in helping me out? If you bought the game and gave me the codes, I could transfer you the money via PayPal (or gift you something on steam that comes out to the same price).

I managed to get Dark Souls off Amazon and I live in sunny England, according to Amazon I live at pizza hut in Anchorage

You just changed your billing address? Did you purchase it with a Visa? I was under the impression that they would verify the billing address against your Visa billing address.

I paid with my Visa debit card so they don't check the address but you may be better taking KoopahTroopah up on his offer as I usually get charged an extra £1 by my bank (not sure if any extra charges would be made from yours)
    steam_sig.png
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    So I asked about Civ V: Gold a couple days ago in regards to that Amazon sale. Today I noticed that there is a "Firaxis Complete Pack" which has Civ 4: Complete, Civ 5: Gold, and XCom: Enemy Unknown. That is a better deal for me as I wanted to get XCOM and Civ5: Gold. Civ4 is a decent throw in.

So I'm being foiled by Amazon due to living in Canada. I assume if I had someone from the USA buy this pack I would still be able to redeem the codes on Steam?

If so, anyone interested in helping me out? If you bought the game and gave me the codes, I could transfer you the money via PayPal (or gift you something on steam that comes out to the same price).

I don't see why not? I think it would work like that. If anyone wants to confirm, I'd be glad to help you out and you can gift me La Mulana and Receiver if you'd wish.

I just tried entering a USA address and it seemed to go through without an issue. I guess they don't verify against the Visa address. Thanks anyways!
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Why hasn't the title been changed to reflect the cardaggedon?
    camo_sig2.png
  • HounHoun Jump In Save the WorldRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »

We don't change the title. Not anymore...

*Looks wistfully off into the distance*
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: DigitalArcanist | XBoxLive: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Because Tube
    steam_sig-400.png
  • ExcisionExcision Registered User regular

I don't see why not? I think it would work like that. If anyone wants to confirm, I'd be glad to help you out and you can gift me La Mulana and Receiver if you'd wish.

I just tried entering a USA address and it seemed to go through without an issue. I guess they don't verify against the Visa address. Thanks anyways!

Yeah, that works fine. I've done it numerous times from Canada.
    camo_sig2.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    This Amazon sale is pretty great.

If you want it, it's probably on sale. No idea how it'll compare to summer sale prices, but there's some great stuff in there.
    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got an extra Pyro card. Anyone want to trade for a heavy, engineer, spy, scout, or sniper?
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Gulf CoastRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of clicking that Amazon link. Now I have plans for tonight. I'm going to spend money.
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Hey guys, since I've been playing Shogun 2 a whole lot this week, I've been awarded with 2 coupons for 75% off on the game. If anyone's interested, just PM me. This brings down the base game to $7.50, or the game + all DLC to $9.99.
    steam_sig.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Evil Snake Cult Leader Registered User regular
    I don't suppose anybody has a spare beta invite for the card thingy laying around that they'd like to hook a gentleman up with, do they?

I'd be willing to wrestle a wolverine for your amusement in return. Not Wolverine though, I'm not grappling with Hugh Jackman
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I jumped on Amazon having the steam unlock for Rocksmith for $20. Apparently I didn't account for the fact that no one sells the guitar to USB cable for less than $30 anywhere that I can find. Whoops.

That's pretty much the only reason I haven't gotten it up to this point. I'm definitely interested in it, but I already have a good (Line6) guitar to USB interface. Why would I want to spend $30 on a cheap proprietary one?

The RealTone Cable is decent. It's nowhere near my Focusrite, but it gets the job done for the game. If you end up getting the game, play through the songs that come with the game and try to hold out on any DLC until the summer sale. I bought quite a few during the winter sale last year. Holding out for some of the songs released since then that Rocksmith DLC will get another sale during the summer. Also pinball tables.

@Bolthorn do you HAVE to use the RealTone cable, or can a different guitar to USB cable work?
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I'll take a Shogun coupon if anyone has one to spare. Always been interested in trying out that game.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

Aw you made me think Carmageddon was coming out already :(
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    I jumped on Amazon having the steam unlock for Rocksmith for $20. Apparently I didn't account for the fact that no one sells the guitar to USB cable for less than $30 anywhere that I can find. Whoops.

That's pretty much the only reason I haven't gotten it up to this point. I'm definitely interested in it, but I already have a good (Line6) guitar to USB interface. Why would I want to spend $30 on a cheap proprietary one?

The RealTone Cable is decent. It's nowhere near my Focusrite, but it gets the job done for the game. If you end up getting the game, play through the songs that come with the game and try to hold out on any DLC until the summer sale. I bought quite a few during the winter sale last year. Holding out for some of the songs released since then that Rocksmith DLC will get another sale during the summer. Also pinball tables.

@Bolthorn do you HAVE to use the RealTone cable, or can a different guitar to USB cable work?

The RealTone cable is the only supported way to play the game. I too wanted to use my Focusrite as it is superior and was already hooked up to my PC. Before the game was released for PC I did hunt around for ways to possibly play the game through the Focusrite. Some folks were working on something, but not sure if it was ever completed. I got the game almost for free thanks to various coupons and what not through Amazon at release.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Not enough of the games I want from the Amazon sale are Steam copies. Like, why is only one of the Runaway games a Steam enabled game?
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks License Number 137596Registered User regular
    Does your copy of Dota 2 become premium/non-F2P if you buy something from the marketplace instead of the in-game store?
    edited May 2013
    Incindium wrote: »
    So I actually bought a key in the DOTA 2 store last night(to upgrade my account status) and then sold it for a loss but cards are still not dropping. I saw a note in the Trading Cards group discussion that they are aware of it.

Anyone have a spare copy of HL2? Cause I'm one of the few that doesn't actually own it... And I want to card farm(so sad I know).

THIS IS THE MOST INSANE POST I'VE EVER READ SANS THE RAPE/TORTURE DEBATE ANIMATED SIG!

And it ended up being top of the thread as well... The shame. On the positive side I actually played some TF2 for the first time last night as a result of all this.
    Incindium on
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Thanks for the coupon, @CorriganX!
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Does your copy of Dota 2 become premium/non-F2P if you buy something from the marketplace instead of the in-game store?

I'd presume not but if you want to farm cards rather than play (tsk tsk) you can pick up the cheapest item for like 70p so it'd hardly be a stretch.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular

THIS IS THE MOST INSANE POST I'VE EVER READ SANS THE RAPE/TORTURE DEBATE ANIMATED SIG!

I think the most shocking thing about that post was that there was somebody who still doesn't have HL2.
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle

I think the most shocking thing about that post was that there was somebody who still doesn't have HL2.

In my defense I do own Orange Box on the 360...
    After Orange Box was the best deal ever I don't know how it was possible.

I was too young to even know about Half Life and I picked that box up to pretty much go 'wait, FIVE games?'

And then I brought it.

Thus I was converted to the Newell.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Whatever market there was for certain regular types of cards seems to have bottomed out.
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I got The Orange Box for the 360 ages ago, but that was for Portal pretty much. I tried TF2 but there was like, no one else playing. I still to this day haven't played beyond the first maybe half an hour of Half Life 2.
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have made it my mission to get those 32 remaining games and hit the 1000 owned games marker, hopefully by the end of the year.

Just gotta find a second job.
    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I have made it my mission to get those 32 remaining games and hit the 1000 owned games marker, hopefully by the end of the year.

Just gotta find a second job.

Wait, I have more games than you?

D:
    RaritySig1Small_zpsbbb789d8.jpg
    Steam: stabbitystyle | XBL: S For Stabbity | MWO: stabbitystyle
  • Maz-Maz- C'mon Donny! Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Steam trading cards

why are you doing this to me, Newell
    zwischenablage01.gif
    Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654
  • harvestharvest Registered User regular
    I am not playing any steam games while i wait for the invite to come. I feel like I might miss out.
    steam_sig.png
    Black: 0389 8074 1114 - 3DS: 4940-5435-1167 - PSN: Haarvest
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    Here I was thinking my 300 games was a pretty huge deal...holy crap!

I can't wait for them to add these to other games and hopefully find a way to tie them to achievements or more meaningful things than simply play time. This honestly feels a bit limited to even be a Beta given the odd non-replenishing drops, that just leaving a game on the intro screen gives cards at all, and the fact that both of my badges said they failed to be crafted but yet they appeared.

Can we assume this goes out of beta for the Summer Dale and they are doing a camping theme again BTW?
    steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    I am not playing any steam games while i wait for the invite to come. I feel like I might miss out.

Only dota hl2 portal 2 csgo and don't starve count right now anyway. I might have missed one.
    steam_sig.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Hey guys, since I've been playing Shogun 2 a whole lot this week, I've been awarded with 2 coupons for 75% off on the game. If anyone's interested, just PM me. This brings down the base game to $7.50, or the game + all DLC to $9.99.

Quick correction, it seems like these coupons can only be used on the base game.
    steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Every time the Orange Box is mentioned I'm reminded that I need to find an HL2 save editor so I can recreate my 5-year-old 360 save and finally finish it up.
    steam_sig-400.png
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    If anyone has any Steam Card invites, I'd take one. I signed up on the group late last night, so who knows when Valve will send one. I am impatient and want to be farming cards instead of working on my backlog!
    3ds: 1934-0753-2550
    XBox Live: UreshiiAkumu
    steam_sig.png
    Every time the Orange Box is mentioned I'm reminded that I need to find an HL2 save editor so I can recreate my 5-year-old 360 save and finally finish it up.

It'd probably be quicker to find a save or console command or something that unlocks all the levels for use then just pick the level nearest your own.
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Mother of...

I has a great plan. I play Fez and Dark Spuls until bed, boot Portal 2 while I go to bed, collect cards.

Wake up this morning to find stupid Windows auto update reset my computer... only got ONE card.

I'll try again tonight, but then in leaving for a wedding for the weekend.

I will get all the cards. I WILL!!
    The Post 2012 Summer Sale Backlog Progress
    Games Finished: 34 Games Added: 15 Total Progress: +19

steam_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Or just play through HL2 again because, well, it is pretty great. And really not too long.
    Bassig.pngSteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper