Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    so about that Leviathan game
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I suppose now is a bad time to mention that I got that achievement.

I dunno. I liked the fight. Just ram the hunters or use the logs to kill them quickly, then toss the charge and shoot with the pistol. I think the game even helps you aim at them a little.

So did I! It took me a few reloads though. The gnome thing was worse. That helicopter sequence...

I never did 100% Portal 2, actually

@Ravenhpltc24 are you a bad enough dude?
    camo_sig2.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn

There's a DBZ Abridged drinking game!

You know I don't drink! In fact I think it might be your single greatest disappointment in life!

Clearly you told me this while I was drinking.

I swear this has come up three or four times :P
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I still need to do the Portal 2 co op.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Actually, all developers should make it possible to continue a game on a lower or higher difficulty whenever they want to. That way the excuse should never be "this one fight was too hard for me" or "this game is just boring, it doesn't have any challenges left for a guy like me".

Of course, that also requires developers to actually make the different difficulty levels mean anything.

The fact that Gears of War allows you to do this is the only reason I finished it.

The critical difference for me was that it meant that the enemies that can one-shot you instead only hurt you to the extent that any additional damage would kill you.

I was part of a crack group of G&T Gears players at the time 3 released, and it was only by being the 4th guy in that group that I ever managed to beat the final boss on Insane. People always rate the first game the hardest, but I dunno man. That bumblebee...

Beating the final boss of the first game on Insane was a much more fun experience though; I'd convinced my buddy to be the Dom to my Sub Marcus and he was most definitely the rookie guy. It was his first time playing Gears (or indeed a 3rd person shooter) and I'd thrown him in at the extreme deep end. Over the course of the harrowing campaign he evolved into an efficient cover grabbin' motherfucker, and we got to the final boss at 1am and just stalled out completely. I said, more than once, "lets call it quits, try again in the morning" and he insisted we press on. Finally, at 3am, I run out of ammo, shit be blowing up all over the place, and my buddy lets fly his last explosive arrow, nailing the dude in the face and finishing a hard game on the hardest setting.

We yelled and then quickly hushed up because it was 3 in the goddamned am.

The final boss was fine, it was the "Defend the front of the house" part at the end of the preceding act.

It's not that it's difficult, per se, it's that the consequence of making any error (staying out of cover too long, moving from cover to cover at the wrong moment, letting yourself get flanked, etc.) is insta-death. Most of the time it's impossible to even tell what did it.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Also, who the fuck even listens to Prairie Home Companion
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.

I dunno. I liked the fight. Just ram the hunters or use the logs to kill them quickly, then toss the charge and shoot with the pistol. I think the game even helps you aim at them a little.

So did I! It took me a few reloads though. The gnome thing was worse. That helicopter sequence...

Ravenhpltc24 are you a bad enough dude?

Eventually some developer is going to add an achievement for not completing all achievements. People will die.

I demand mutually exclusive achievements.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Does anyone play Eclipse on the iOS?
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

@Ravenhpltc24 are you a bad enough dude?

When we did the co-op I was bad at Portal 2, I admit.

But having since completed the campaigns of both games I am more than formidable.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Vanguard wrote: »

Pros.
    one the one hand, half off tomb raider

on the other hand I've barely messed with far cry 3 so who am I fooling
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Ravenhpltc24 are you a bad enough dude?

Eventually some developer is going to add an achievement for not completing all achievements. People will die.

I demand mutually exclusive achievements.

Basically we need more dev-troll type achievements. Didn't Lollipop Chainsaw have the upskirt one? That was genius.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Buy stardrive, tell me if it is good.

Daddy needs more 4x in his life.
    falasig.png

I bought it but haven't even touched it yet. I do intend to learn and play though!
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

@Sarksus does I do believe

Pros.

Fuck that cockshit

Pros.

Fuck that cockshit

whatev scrub
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I rocked Jack to sleep to the tune of Dancing Mad.

I am bestest uncle.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Actually, all developers should make it possible to continue a game on a lower or higher difficulty whenever they want to. That way the excuse should never be "this one fight was too hard for me" or "this game is just boring, it doesn't have any challenges left for a guy like me".

Of course, that also requires developers to actually make the different difficulty levels mean anything.

The fact that Gears of War allows you to do this is the only reason I finished it.

The critical difference for me was that it meant that the enemies that can one-shot you instead only hurt you to the extent that any additional damage would kill you.

I was part of a crack group of G&T Gears players at the time 3 released, and it was only by being the 4th guy in that group that I ever managed to beat the final boss on Insane. People always rate the first game the hardest, but I dunno man. That bumblebee...

Beating the final boss of the first game on Insane was a much more fun experience though; I'd convinced my buddy to be the Dom to my Sub Marcus and he was most definitely the rookie guy. It was his first time playing Gears (or indeed a 3rd person shooter) and I'd thrown him in at the extreme deep end. Over the course of the harrowing campaign he evolved into an efficient cover grabbin' motherfucker, and we got to the final boss at 1am and just stalled out completely. I said, more than once, "lets call it quits, try again in the morning" and he insisted we press on. Finally, at 3am, I run out of ammo, shit be blowing up all over the place, and my buddy lets fly his last explosive arrow, nailing the dude in the face and finishing a hard game on the hardest setting.

I don't know about 3, but in 1 the two co-op players can play on different difficulties. When I did my insanity playthrough, my partner was playing on the easiest difficulty setting. I still died from time to time, but I think having a meat shield that could absorb anything the enemies threw at him probably helped even the odds just a bit...

The final boss was fine, it was the "Defend the front of the house" part at the end of the preceding act.

It's not that it's difficult, per se, it's that the consequence of making any error (staying out of cover too long, moving from cover to cover at the wrong moment, letting yourself get flanked, etc.) is insta-death. Most of the time it's impossible to even tell what did it.

Oh, is that the bit where there's a couple elevators in the back? And a buncha the flying Reaver things join the party? I recall clocking a few deaths there.

You should still give the first game a go btw! Sure you could get it for pennies at this point! ;D
    camo_sig2.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    dear matlab, why are you ten gigabytes

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-04%20at%206.07.55%20PM.png

glorious osx master race

@ronya
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Buy stardrive, tell me if it is good.

Daddy needs more 4x in his life.

I bought it and haven't really played much, to be honest.
    Desc Portal 2 w/ me
    Planetary Annihilation feels slightly too small to me.

I want bigger planets.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Man, I love it when you have an orgasm so good you just fall asleep right after.
    I rocked Jack to sleep to the tune of Dancing Mad.

I am bestest uncle.

Yes.

Yes you are.

I want bigger planets.

So you can annihilate them?
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    content dump

heh
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    I have friends who just had a kid and introduce me to him as uncle. I don't know how to tell them that I am the worst uncle ever.

Oh, is that the bit where there's a couple elevators in the back? And a buncha the flying Reaver things join the party? I recall clocking a few deaths there.

You should still give the first game a go btw! Sure you could get it for pennies at this point! ;D

I mean the first game.

My brother in law got me three but I borrowed the first two off a guy at work.
    Desc Portal 2 w/ me

I will have to reinstall I think
    Must say, I really like what I've seen of GOG.com so far. System Shock 2 might not stick (I love the aesthetic, gonna have to work at the gameplay) but the whole process of getting, then downloading and having an exe that I just have and can use without logging into anything is refreshing.
    camo_sig2.png
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, I love it when you have an orgasm so good you just fall asleep right after.

Orgasms are the best and I am enjoying them lately.
    Desc Portal 2 w/ me

I will have to reinstall I think

I actually posted that right when I hit the install button.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Orgasms are the best and I am enjoying them lately.

\o/
    edited May 2013

I want bigger planets.

So you can annihilate them?

There's a reason the Death Star targeted Alderaan.
    electricitylikesme on
    Remaking my elf in never winter more carefully

Doot doot
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    \m/ should be the "rock!" emoticon. Ah. I see that it already is.
    Captain Carrot on
  • AtomikaAtomika (citation needed)Registered User regular

I can never fall asleep on the subway. The seats are hard plastic.
This discussion has been closed.