Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Better Off Ted is roughly 70% better when Linda is neither on screen nor being referenced. She's incredibly aggravating. The other characters are reasonably interesting
  • MrMisterMrMister 7 cards in hand Registered User regular
    i burned my fingertip :(

on the plus side, nutritious late night snack is all boxed up and ready to go
    Valuing scholarship above all else, the inhabitants of the Ivory Tower reward those who sacrifice power for knowledge.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    So I was diagnosed with a bad bladder infection

That probably comes from a thyroid issue

:C

D:

It's kind of a relief to have a solution since I've been passing out constantly exhausted and in pain

I got a talking to about not seeing a doctor sooner tho :(
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

doesn't stir-fry tend to... wilt if you store it
    Tamin wrote: »
    Better Off Ted is roughly 70% better when Linda is neither on screen nor being referenced. She's incredibly aggravating. The other characters are reasonably interesting

I strongly disagree!

Although some of the will-they-won't-they was p dumb
    Valuing scholarship above all else, the inhabitants of the Ivory Tower reward those who sacrifice power for knowledge.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I got a text about 10 hours ago. "Any plans tonight?"

I responded that I did not and that I would be free after 5PM. Response was "OK, I'll let you know."

Still haven't received a response and it's 8PM now. Still too early to send a follow up text?
    steam_sig.png
    ronya wrote: »

doesn't stir-fry tend to... wilt if you store it

It won't be optimal but it won't be terrible either. The ingredients are all pretty sturdy (just broccoli, collard greens, and onions; + lemon juice / salt). It's actually not even really a stir fry so much as just some sauteed vegetables.
    Drez wrote: »
    I got a text about 10 hours ago. "Any plans tonight?"

I responded that I did not and that I would be free after 5PM. Response was "OK, I'll let you know."

Still haven't received a response and it's 8PM now. Still too early to send a follow up text?

I think you're clear
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Best part is I can wear my cosmetic outfit (consisting of nothing at all) and still get the stats from my gear!

Totally gonna be Flex Mentallo.

I strongly disagree!

What do you like about her?

I'm mostly thinking of her playing along with Ted's made-up language and this latest Lemur book thing. The roof garden thing was nice, though.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Echo, what game is that?
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    MrMister! Hey!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

8->
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death

I strongly disagree!

I'm mostly thinking of her playing along with Ted's made-up language and this latest Lemur book thing. The roof garden thing was nice, though.

I enjoyed her generally. Offhand, she was pretty good in the sexual harassment episode, the impertenence of communicationizing, the one where she got accidentally drugged... just in general! I was pro-Linda.
    HALLO FERAL
    emnmnme wrote: »

that is amazing
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Echo, what game is that?

Neverwinter. It's pretty great.

I'd say the biggest drawback is that it's a Perfect World game. If they got their way they'd just tie your mouse button to your credit card.

I strongly disagree!

I enjoyed her generally. Offhand, she was pretty good in the sexual harassment episode, the impertenence of communicationizing, the one where she got accidentally drugged... just in general! I was pro-Linda.

The drugged episode was my first introduction to her, and that was pretty good. Still think I prefer the other characters more, but that's taste for you
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Queer pie?

Fantastic. And amazing.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Still waiting for them to get her in her room.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.

I strongly disagree!

The drugged episode was my first introduction to her, and that was pretty good. Still think I prefer the other characters more, but that's taste for you

I liked basically all the characters, with the possible exceptions of Rose (precocious touching daughter, barf city) and the CEO (too broadly drawn both in the dialogue and the actor's delivery, they could have really done a lot more with him).

It was a great show.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a recipe for humble pie
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Geth needs one too
    Vanguard on
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    I'm finally done moving into my new lair; now to begin the unpacking process. Sort of.

Mostly just the wireless router atm.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Had dinner, plans for tonight pushed back to 8:30 which is coo.

Tomorrow I write like mad on a paper since I worked on other stuff today.

Also on matlab. I haven't used it. Just STATA and SAS. I like STATA way more than SAS just because it is more like using dos. I had friends who used matlab for engineering stuff they were not thrilled it seemed.

Also I read matlab not as a computer program but as a place in Bangladesh now. Huge really awesome long term demographic and family planning study there that has been going on since 1976. Has followed everyone who has been in it, including born into it since then. Like a quarter of a million people now.
    falasig.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Oops I took a 3-hour nap. Also why is celery so damn crunchy? My roommate looks like she's going to murder me if I take another bite.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    when i was trying to wrap my head around integration last year i found some illustrative matlab code which struck me as quite elegant and impressive. i haven't had to actually do anything in matlab though since most of my mathy ponderings are easily expressible and resolvable in java or python.
    time to wrap my toga!

YAY TOGA PARTY
    Oops I took a 3-hour nap. Also why is celery so damn crunchy? My roommate looks like she's going to murder me if I take another bite.

add peanut butter!
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    neverwinter needs a monk class so i can go shaolin on people's asses
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

add peanut butter!

I have HUMMUS.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

add peanut butter!

I have HUMMUS.

Is that a peanut butter brand
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    San Francisco cock sucker!
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    That very sentiment has been expressed by federal legislators. Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) said in 2010 that he opposed action on climate change because “the Earth will end only when God declares it to be over.” He is the chairman of the Subcommittee on Environment and the Economy.
    hhhrrrngh
    Per3th.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    neverwinter needs a monk class so i can go shaolin on people's asses

Dude, you can't even spell it right.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Some people.

Guy on JET was complaining to me about how it is so hard to make ends meet on JET, how he had to get a separate job in the side to make ends meet, how lucky I was to live in a rural area and not a city in terms of costs of living.

He just posted his new watch on facebook. It's a Lamborghini watch (apparently they make watches). The cheapest one I found online was like $1.5k.

Yeah, I think I know what is making you have a hard time making ends meet buddy.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    swedgin
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Some people.

Guy on JET was complaining to me about how it is so hard to make ends meet on JET, how he had to get a separate job in the side to make ends meet, how lucky I was to live in a rural area and not a city in terms of costs of living.

He just posted his new watch on facebook. It's a Lamborghini watch (apparently they make watches). The cheapest one I found online was like $1.5k.

Yeah, I think I know what is making you have a hard time making ends meet buddy.

Look, Inq, i don't know how you live, but i need my weekly luxury watch, else i'll die.
This discussion has been closed.