Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Damnit now I just wanna watch Avengers again
    sigtk.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Okay so this guy was singing via makeshift karaoke or something at Crif Dogs tonight

It was truly magical http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Prowly

awww...i wanna spicy redneck.

That does sound good.

As I was walking out of the theater, I stepped directly into the five guys, looked at the menu, and got the fuck out of there as fast as I could.

#thinspiration

Raz and I split a single carafe of wine with dinner and ordered neither appetizer nor dessert

I am already back to running 5K easily. Next step is breaking past that for 10K.

Gonna use that app to make running 10K of inwood hills feel like nothing.
    Its gonna hurt.
    meat.jpg
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    That 'Wolverine goes to Japan' movie is going to be so fun for me. I live in a place with a lot of old temples and traditional stuff, so it's gonna be 'Wolverine fights in my house' for me.

Plus 'The Wolverine' is a great title.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ooo, that's turning out great!

Thanks!

It's turning out a bit funny because in the game it's grayscale (it's a statue) but the program I used apparently decided in the interest of assigning pixels that are different different beads to add some weirdass stuff like Fuchsia, light blue, cream, brown, etc. So I'm ordering some dark gray and some super light gray and then I'm gonna make it with more faithful...ness.

The real thing is that on subtle things, it gets messed up. The other statues I'm doing have the same issue so I'm gonna have to use the program as a guide, not an absolute leader. But on less subtle things it looks great - the actual Goddess is gonna be pretty damn close, with only the face losing anything even noticeable, and the characters themselves have very specific and dissimilar colors, which will help a lot because while people will notice when a grayscale thing with five types of gray is off in terms of shade, they aren't going to notice that Edgar's cape is the wrong teal. It's the only teal on him.
    I kinda want to replay FFVI...

God, I shouldn't add a 60+ hour game to my backlog.

I just started a few days ago. Haven't played in a few days. Maybe I will abandon it?

(More likely I'll get home tomorrow night and start it then or on Sunday and then be like 'what the hell, where did the weekend go')
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    hey @jacobkosh when you're avail we can neverwinter a bit

@Elldren oot and aboot and have to crash when I get home, sorry :/

aww

okay

it's just thom is on and we're doin things
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    That 'Wolverine goes to Japan' movie is going to be so fun for me. I live in a place with a lot of old temples and traditional stuff, so it's gonna be 'Wolverine fights in my house' for me.

Plus 'The Wolverine' is a great title.
    I just will watch it knowing that we could have had a much better film.

the original director was going to be Darren Aronofsky. So it would have been Wolverine as told by the man who made Requiem For a Dream / Black Swan / Wrestler.

Fuck. Yes.
    meat.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

i think it's out on iphone now
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    God damn it

I still don't have any shoes that match this grey canvas belt

HOW AM I GOING TO LOOK CASUALLY SUPER WHITE
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I just started a few days ago. Haven't played in a few days. Maybe I will abandon it?

(More likely I'll get home tomorrow night and start it then or on Sunday and then be like 'what the hell, where did the weekend go')

I'm starting to feel the itch for my annual playthrough. Usually that happens when summer's over and the weather gives me a convenient excuse to stay on the couch all day

But I've been discussing that game a lot and nostalgia does its thing, you know
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    go grizz

go grizz

go

go

go grizz

I went to the Cs game

it was mighty depressing, then completely exhilarating for a 5 minute stretch, then a little depressing

then we all gave KG a standing ovation and he might be done forever

garnett is pretty damn old

i mean younger than me

but pretty old for a basketballer

but still so damn good. if only Paul Pierce hadn't been run into the ground this year and had a horrific, horrific series and game

I never want KG to go away

kevingarnett.jpg
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • NecoNeco Registered User regular
    I've been replaying FFVI on my Wii VC... it's a lot of fun, and nice to play again with my fake SNES controller (AKA that weird WII pro thing or whatever...)

I just wish there were a bigger selection on the Wii VC
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    @Shivahn

I really want to make either Megaman 2 or Megaman X boss portraits as coasters in pearler beads, but $$ and laziness
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular

Thanks!

It's turning out a bit funny because in the game it's grayscale (it's a statue) but the program I used apparently decided in the interest of assigning pixels that are different different beads to add some weirdass stuff like Fuchsia, light blue, cream, brown, etc. So I'm ordering some dark gray and some super light gray and then I'm gonna make it with more faithful...ness.

The real thing is that on subtle things, it gets messed up. The other statues I'm doing have the same issue so I'm gonna have to use the program as a guide, not an absolute leader. But on less subtle things it looks great - the actual Goddess is gonna be pretty damn close, with only the face losing anything even noticeable, and the characters themselves have very specific and dissimilar colors, which will help a lot because while people will notice when a grayscale thing with five types of gray is off in terms of shade, they aren't going to notice that Edgar's cape is the wrong teal. It's the only teal on him.

I would notice!
    @Shivahn

I really want to make either Megaman 2 or Megaman X boss portraits as coasters in pearler beads, but $$ and laziness

The two best Megamans, You have good taste, sirrah
    Do we have a chat guild in Neverwinter or are we using the one from the MMO forum?
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

Thanks!

Nice, from what I've seen they look great so far.

I'm starting to feel the itch for my annual playthrough. Usually that happens when summer's over and the weather gives me a convenient excuse to stay on the couch all day

But I've been discussing that game a lot and nostalgia does its thing, you know

Nostalgia is the best.

I'm expecting this playthrough to be weird. I have all this nostalgia, but also am so much more mature and willing to read into things and while I'm not, like, an adult (or well sort of I am) I have so much more experience and shit has happened and I will be able to relate to all the characters' struggles more. Which is the cool thing about the game - everyone having their own struggles. They feel like people!

But yeah I mean I didn't even know I was trans last time I beat it.

It's gonna be like playing a new game.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    that c's game was rough

i love that team though. i hope they don't go on for another season though. time for a new era, sadly
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
    Shivahn

Yeah I spent like fifty dollars on beads and need even more for the statues.

Of course I was dumb as shit and picked for a project a sprite that literally takes up two thirds of the screen.

So um, yeah.

Thanks!

Nice, from what I've seen they look great so far.

<3

Thanks! I'll let you know when any of them are finished.

Expect Goddess to take like two months though. I'm not even sure how I'm gonna make her.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Guys I am bacck from a party. There was a cute man there that I caught the attention of by turning off every light in the house. He asked if I had a problem with electricity.

All going according to plan.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Guys I am bacck from a party. There was a cute man there that I caught the attention of by turning off every light in the house. He asked if I had a problem with electricity.

You're weird.
  • NecoNeco Registered User regular

Are... are you going to shoot lightning at him?
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    God damn it

Uh. Buy some shoes that match.

So not hard.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    that c's game was rough

i love that team though. i hope they don't go on for another season though. time for a new era, sadly

http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2013/05/content/1367495921_crawford.gif
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Ok I have work tomorrow morning, time to snuggle into bed.

Night everyone!
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    I have a friend who does a shitload of 8/16-bit perler bead stuff.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    its the beginning of the JORDAN CRAWFORD ERA IN BOSTON
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    God damn it

Uh. Buy some shoes that match.

So not hard.

I'M ALREADY OVER MY CLOTHES BUDGET
    Ok I have work tomorrow morning, time to snuggle into bed.

Night everyone!

Night Shivahn!
    HE OF THE ONE VOTE FOR SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR BECAUSE SOME KNUCKLEHEAD GEEZER OF A SPORTSWRITER MUST HAVE THOUGHT BOSTON'S J. CRAWFORD WAS THE CLIPPERS' J. CRAWFORD
    G2Dcf.jpg
    D'aww, that last one is cute.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Do I want to know what phase 2 is?

Or is it something that can get me subpoenaed?
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Do I want to know what phase 2 is?

Or is it something that can get me subpoenaed?

Only in Alabama
    sigtk.jpg
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Final Fantasy VI was my first Final Fantasy. Back then, I didn't even speak fluent English.

Since then, I've completed every Final Fantasy from IV to XII-2, excepted V and IX.
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I was very hungrry but I have no food as is the nrom. So I thought i can eat my roommate's ice cream and I did that and tomorrow I can be like sorry i was drunk. she has never been drunk, she doesn't know that self restraint actually isnt that hard.. or like , at least enough that you know you are stealing shit
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Jean wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VI was my first Final Fantasy. Back then, I didn't even speak fluent English.

Since then, I've completed every Final Fantasy from IV to XII-2, excepted V and IX.

You owe it to yourself to play IX
    Apparently they recently shot test footage for Deadpool with Ryan Reyonlds

He should try to pull a Vin Diesel and just say he will take a paycut so its R rated and they make it.

That script is too good not to get made.
This discussion has been closed.