Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I have an interesting morning planned - I have to go do stage one of my citizenship application. The reward being a beer festival later in the day
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    I'm also cat sitting tomorrow

this is crazyville
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I would be cat sitting tomorrow, but I am actually going with my girlfriend on a trip for a change, so we foisted the duty on to someone else.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I have an interesting morning planned - I have to go do stage one of my citizenship application. The reward being a beer festival later in the day

Citizenship test then beer...... what country is that, Germany? :D

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    I have far too much to do today. This is mostly due to having lost the last couple of days managing to not have a migraine, but getting a lot of the post-migraine symptoms which make working difficult.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Man that Planetside 2 update touched errything
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I would be cat sitting tomorrow, but I am actually going with my girlfriend on a trip for a change, so we foisted the duty on to someone else.

So I assume things are going great between you two?
    Jean wrote: »

Citizenship test then beer...... what country is that, Germany? :D

These Northern Europeans are crazy Jean. It is all about beer and flags

The bit today is not a test, it is an application vetting. This means I take my application to the local authority/council and they verify it is ok, then they submit it to the Home Office/Interior/Nationality division with my fee.

It is not required, but it is useful as if they think I should pass then it is likely the authorities will too, plus I get to keep my NZ passport during the application process, as they have checked it. Otherwise I would have to give my passport to the authorities for an unknown period - 1-6 months. Which would mean no foreign travel over summer.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Turn up shirtless and drunk

*sigh* Wii U games now actively being dumped, that is not good for Nintendo :(
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Way earlier than I needed to be.

On the other hand: interesting coffee shop with free wifi.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Wii U more like Pee U (off)
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    In bed. Cats have invaded and are sleeping on the duvet. All is well.

Yeah things are going pretty swimmingly. We hang out quite frequently, get along well and seem to really enjoy each other's company.

Outside of future location uncertainties everything is grand.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png

Yeah things are going pretty swimmingly. We hang out quite frequently, get along well and seem to really enjoy each other's company.

The trick here is to marry here then relocate to Canada eh? (olol)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i'd never pissed on anyone in my life, and if you would have asked me i'd have been uninterested

but then my girlfriend gave me the green light and, well, i guess it's my thing

The trick here is to marry here then relocate to Canada eh? (olol)

I'd be a liar if I said that the plan hasn't crossed my mind.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Otherwise I would have to give my passport to the authorities for an unknown period - 1-6 months

People who have to do that are stuck in the country, no? What if you application is denied, you're sent straight back home? [Please excuse my ignorance, I never had to move to another country ]
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    Organichu wrote: »
    i'd never pissed on anyone in my life, and if you would have asked me i'd have been uninterested

but then my girlfriend gave me the green light and, well, i guess it's my thing

...wait what?
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Done and done.

Mojo, you may get a phone call if this strategy doesn't work
    Alright, time to grace the new combini that opened up in my area with my glorious white presence.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    The thing I've always wondered about the pissing thing in a kink context is that it seems like your average piss is long enough for any particular instance to get boring.

Or maybe watersports types train themselves to stop and start, I dunno.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Done and done.

Mojo, you may get a phone call if this strategy doesn't work

shotgun gay sham marriage to save your citizenship hopes

it's the least he can do
    japan wrote: »
    The thing I've always wondered about the pissing thing in a kink context is that it seems like your average piss is long enough for any particular instance to get boring.

Or maybe watersports types train themselves to stop and start, I dunno.

I think the longer the piss the more humiliating/degrading it is so, that plays into the fetish fine.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Hmm the SNES has garnered some attention from other section. Luckily I have 2 controllers!
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Ugh, those Liberal Party fuckers who don't think the NBN is necessary have never had to download software before.
    edited May 2013
    i don't actually like peeing on people, it's just one of my favorite jeselnik lines. mostly because i find it super accurate- when i was 16 i never would have been able to predict my sexual tastes beyond the very baseline. or like chris rock joked: once you do something to me, it's on the menu. it ain't a sometimes-thing.

sometimes you just try something and go: whoa, apparently this is one of my favorite things in the world, literally a reason for me to get up each day v.v
    Organichu on
    Hmm looks like HBO is developing a Sports version of Entourage starring The Rock, could be good.
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    I thought this was interesting. A Guardian article interviewing some Anonymous type dudes and various hackers facing jail. You feel both horrified at the draconian sentences they're facing and unsurprised that they're such fucking assholes.
    HBO needs to work on developing a better way of getting its content to the people that want to see it.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    evilbob wrote: »
    Ugh, those Liberal Party fuckers who don't think the NBN is necessary have never had to download software before.

I am sitting on a train in London listening to an Aussie couple talking about NBN and the election. Your headmates I presume?
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

I am sitting on a train in London listening to an Aussie couple talking about NBN and the election. Your headmates I presume?

Unless they're complaining about having killed all ability for anyone else in their house to use the internet for anything more than email for several hours because they kinda need to install office, no.
    HBO needs to work on developing a better way of getting its content to the people that want to see it.

my guess is whatever financial arrangement they have with cable providers includes some exclusivity condition that disallows unilateral content distribution. they might make a bunch more money, x, by selling Go subscriptions a la carte. but presumably they'd lose some amount of money, y, in terms of their cable partners. where ostensibly y is greater than x, i mean.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Going for a drive with my brother shortly. He's not in a good way. Thank God for other brother and Babby coming up.
    edited May 2013
    Organichu wrote: »

my guess is whatever financial arrangement they have with cable providers includes some exclusivity condition that disallows unilateral content distribution. they might make a bunch more money, x, by selling Go subscriptions a la carte. but presumably they'd lose some amount of money, y, in terms of their cable partners. where ostensibly y is greater than x, i mean.

Yeah, I am not sure what deals they have financially and all that.

At the very least they need to vastly increase the speed they get the DVDs out after a season ends. I swear between season 1 of Game of Thrones ending and the DVDs coming out it was like six months.

Put that on top of no ability to buy shows individually, no ability to get online separate from the whole package, and that there are no other means of getting episodes but through HBO (no iTunes for example)... well, I am just very not surprised that Game of Thrones tops the piracy charts each season.

Maybe their current set up nets this more money, but, it is really frustrating from a consumer standpoint.

Edit: Holy crap it was 9 months from season end to DVD release. Seriously that is shameful.
    Inquisitor on
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    I want to bash some heads in.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    Kagera wrote: »
    I want to bash some heads in.

What's vexing you mister?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    http://whitemenwearinggoogleglass.tumblr.com/

I was really into the idea of Google Glass, but...

Man it really looks retarded.
    2ezikn6.jpg
    http://whitemenwearinggoogleglass.tumblr.com/

I was really into the idea of Google Glass, but...

Man it really looks retarded.

Well the problem is that white guys are wearing it!

Also, yeah, the design isn't flattering at all. Its mostly the solid metal bar across the brow.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    They really should have straight-up integrated it into some legit glasses frames. Or something.
    2ezikn6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.