Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Jean wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VI was my first Final Fantasy. Back then, I didn't even speak fluent English.

Since then, I've completed every Final Fantasy from IV to XII-2, excepted V and IX.

You owe it to yourself to play IX

was that the one with the kid with the tail?
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Apparently they recently shot test footage for Deadpool with Ryan Reyonlds

He should try to pull a Vin Diesel and just say he will take a paycut so its R rated and they make it.

That script is too good not to get made.

I don't trust Vin Diesel.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VI was my first Final Fantasy. Back then, I didn't even speak fluent English.

Since then, I've completed every Final Fantasy from IV to XII-2, excepted V and IX.

Yeah
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular

I do have IX. Bought it from a friend years ago. Same friend also sold me Crono Cross.

Furtthest I got in IX was beggining of disc 3.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    whenever frankie says anything critical of anyone who's nonwhite i accuse her of racism

tonight she said that jay z looked like a suckerfish which... actually might have been kind of racist?

really i don't know how to parse that kind of thing i guess
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

Yeah.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Morning.

Next door neighbour is using power garden tools at 7am.

So I'm reading the UK mainstream media's attempts to explain the Giro d'Italia because they're interested now that Bradley Wiggins is in it. "Like the Tour de France, but harder."
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    whenever frankie says anything critical of anyone who's nonwhite i accuse her of racism

tonight she said that jay z looked like a suckerfish which... actually might have been kind of racist?

I just go by the rule of "if a white person says anything, it's racist"
    turtlesig.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

'cism
    sigtk.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Morning.

So I'm reading the UK mainstream media's attempts to explain the Giro d'Italia because they're interested now that Bradley Wiggins is in it. "Like the Tour de France, but harder."

Punch yer neighbor in the face.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I should make a coaster of bowser drifting a kart.
    Want to start playing Poker Night 2

But last time I started that at 2am I didn't go to bed until 5:30am and I work at 9:30am so that would be a terrible decision
    sigtk.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

'cism

Can't be racist against white people, everyone knows that!
    turtlesig.jpg
    Guys I am bacck from a party. There was a cute man there that I caught the attention of by turning off every light in the house. He asked if I had a problem with electricity.

All going according to plan.

The good old Amish play. Nice.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    It's always best to assume your significant other is racist.

Just saves time.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular

My friend was in the passenger seat of my car and wanted to warn me of a dog, but instead of saying, "There's a dog," he said, "It had a dog."

So it just happened to sound like he was calling the (coincidentally black) dog-owner "it."

This gave us no end of entertainment for weeks.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Speaking of racist, I just watched Disney's Pocahontas.

Damn.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    no more j crawfords in the playoffs
    I'm also watching my friend play Borderlands 2 as an Assassin.

He's buying ammo.

I play a Gunzerker, so I find this whole "buying ammo" thing very quaint.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Man, today's strip search elimination.
    I had NO idea Abby could produce content at that level. All we get to see is tiny doodles and those standups on the show. Having never read her comic, I was blown away. I kind of feel like a jerk.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    can't believe the nets might come back, I thought they were done
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    There's something satisfying about drunkenly yelling, "QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRANDUM," at your fiancée when you rhetorically walk her into admitting she's as awesome as you think she is.
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm also watching my friend play Borderlands 2 as an Assassin.

He's buying ammo.

I play a Gunzerker, so I find this whole "buying ammo" thing very quaint.

He's not going melee Zero?

Faaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiil
    sigtk.jpg
    I need to land some borders some time.

I still haven't even landed the first border.

I also might like to redeem some dead reds sometime.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Man, today's strip search elimination.
    I had NO idea Abby could produce content at that level. All we get to see is tiny doodles and those standups on the show. Having never read her comic, I was blown away. I kind of feel like a jerk.

Also about today's strip search elimination:
    Holy crap I did not see Erika's heart to heart coming, it totally caught me by surprise and left in my tears. She comes off as this super socialable, confident person. I never would have guessed. Today was just full of surprises.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Here's the thing about the bordering lands. The fun is in the shooting and the screaming and the loots. The story is largely unimportant and doesn't make a lot of sense. Just play the second one, it's substantially better.
    dkmouthsig.png
    Consdering it donme

I chose not to edit this poist
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    reading these strip search spoilers makes me feel kinda bad that I don't watch it
    Elldren wrote: »
    reading these strip search spoilers makes me feel kinda bad that I don't watch it

It happens rarely, but occasionally competitive reality tv is actually compelling.

But I try not to blame myself for assuming it won't be, as so much of it won't be.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    jakey, anyone know what he said? I can't really tell in the gif. i hope to god it has to do with honey nut cheerios
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
    Morning.

Eh, I'm up anyway since I have stuff to do.

Speaking of which I've just fallen victim to the traditional UK rail travel problem of there being a single ticket desk which is being used by someone who has no idea what they need taking twenty minutes over a ticket purchase.
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    also

dis cat I'm catsitting for a few weeks?

so fat

so

fat
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

You should give it a watch if you've got some time to kill.

It's genuinely smart, interesting human beings being excellent to each other, and building themselves and each other up.

It's tremendously enjoyable and affirming.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Morning.

Speaking of which I've just fallen victim to the traditional UK rail travel problem of there being a single ticket desk which is being used by someone who has no idea what they need taking twenty minutes over a ticket purchase.

Punch him in the face.
    Morning.

I think this is more commonly just a customer service thing.

It happens in the checkout line at Food Lion. Usually when I'm in a hurry and just needing to buy one thing.
    Podly wrote: »
    also

dis cat I'm catsitting for a few weeks?

so fat

so

fat

my fat cats

poorphid.jpg
    I like that my cat is not fat.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I am also cat sitting, or at least, visiting cat to feed it and play with it so it doesn't starve.

You certainly can be racist to white people, but usually this requires developing theories about Southern Europeans vs Northern Europeans, Protestant Worth Ethic, Irish, Greeks etc. So really it requires one to be White to make these kinds of awful comments as we all look alike to the noble peoples of the rest of the world

This is why I always wear a top hat and a reversible bible. One side King James, the other in Latin.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Chanus wrote: »
    Morning.

I think this is more commonly just a customer service thing.

It happens in the checkout line at Food Lion. Usually when I'm in a hurry and just needing to buy one thing.

I think of it as a UK rail travel thing because our privatised rail operators have set up an intricate system of gouging such that there is always an optimal but non-obvious way to buy a ticket for any non-trivial journey.
    I can't tell if the bottom cat is happy or annoyed.
This discussion has been closed.