Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I am a white guy and I look fuckin' awesome in glasses BTW. I'm one of those toolbags who wears nonprescription glasses because they make me look awesome.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    They really should have straight-up integrated it into some legit glasses frames. Or something.

Looks like one guy did that from the link you posted and it looks a lot more flattering:
    tumblr_mm157vxGT91spaymdo1_1280_zps37677d39.jpg

I mean, bearing in mind that that is not a particularly good looking guy to start with.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    I am a white guy and I look fuckin' awesome in glasses BTW. I'm one of those toolbags who wears nonprescription glasses because they make me look awesome.

I found a pair of non-prescriptions lying on the ground before and tried them on and got some compliments.

I considered buying a pair to use but, honestly, I am already unfairly good looking.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    I'd like a much more stripped down version that had no camera and offloaded as much processing as possible to my phone.

Basically just the display and as little as possible beyond that.
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    A talented chef on a ship mind you. Or at a well-supplied campsite in the Pacific Northwest.
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    I need new glasses. I'm presently wearing an outdated prescription because .. these glasses still hold!

I have an appointment scheduled shortly after I fly back to QC. Everything wil be settled then.
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    evilbob wrote: »
    I'd like a much more stripped down version that had no camera and offloaded as much processing as possible to my phone.

Though, doesn't it need a camera to do a lot of the augmented reality stuff?
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

Though, doesn't it need a camera to do a lot of the augmented reality stuff?

I just want it to not have to pull out my phone for live sport scores.
    Also the camera is creepy as fuck.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I actually like it.

My current frames are way to thin for something like that to work though.

/googles price
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I really want to get into some stuff with lasers and piezoelectrics. You can solve the depth-of-field problem in AR if you only use highly columinated laser light to draw on the retina.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Neco wrote: »
    Eegh.....I step outside my apartment building after 10P.M. and I hear random screams and people yelling at each other. I think I will just stay inside now. :(

It's friday. they're drunk. it's a thing.

Damn substance users
    @poshniallo

Not even close baby!

(Holy fuck I thought I lost that one for sure).
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Welp, application made, fee paid. I shall soon be a citizen of this land!

Which I find slightly amusing, given that I have spent considerable effort and money to gain a passport most of my parent's generation or before were entitled to without any effort.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    @poshniallo

Not even close baby!

So did I. You won on the tiebreaker, whatever that is.

I'd call that close.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    I want to bash some heads in.

What's vexing you mister?

Work is getting ridiculous even for Walmart. Used to be during the hot months we would get cold water and powerade. Now they don't want us to do that anymore we have to bring our own drinks WITH receipt so we can show we paid for it and didn't steal it.

Also we have do do clean up for grocery now despite never doing anything to make a mess there because we work on the other side of the fucking store. Also we have issues where we get 12 people she duped for a night with 1800 pieces but 7 people scheduled for a night with 4100 pieces to unload. Meanwhile we are constantly told to move faster by those standing around doing nothing and blamed when shit doesn't get done.

Also it's my birthday and all I want to do is sleep.

Anyway I've ranted enough.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    edited May 2013
    poshniallo wrote: »
    poshniallo

Not even close baby!

So did I. You won on the tiebreaker, whatever that is.

I'd call that close.

I believe it is the player that goes second who wins on a tie score.

Edit: I think it is a bit of a BS tiebreaker when the game is already set up to the second player gets the last turn of the game even if the VP pile is empty. I'd be fine with having a tie score just count as a tie but, I guess the developers wanted it so someone always was the winner.
    Inquisitor on
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png

Work is getting ridiculous even for Walmart. Used to be during the hot months we would get cold water and powerade. Now they don't want us to do that anymore we have to bring our own drinks WITH receipt so we can show we paid for it and didn't steal it.

Also we have do do clean up for grocery now despite never doing anything to make a mess there because we work on the other side of the fucking store. Also we have issues where we get 12 people she duped for a night with 1800 pieces but 7 people scheduled for a night with 4100 pieces to unload. Meanwhile we are constantly told to move faster by those standing around doing nothing and blamed when shit doesn't get done.

Sounds shitty, I swear, it is painful how disconnected the management is from the realities of working the floor.

Happy birthday by the way dude! I am going to crack open this bottle of sake I got and knock one back for you, <3
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
    Happy birthday
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Happy birthday Kagera!

happy-birthday-cake43.jpg
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Happy Baddy Kaggy
    camo_sig2.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Just got the best bacon and egg sandwich I've had for a while. These guys were pretty solid too, it was a pleasure to see how much effort they put into it

Sounds shitty, I swear, it is painful how disconnected the management is from the realities of working the floor.

Happy birthday by the way dude! I am going to crack open this bottle of sake I got and knock one back for you, <3

Thank you sir my sour mood notwithstanding it is appreciated.

I just need a working environment less full of anti-union assholes.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    You guys are good peeps I don't care what organichu says in PMs.
    _J_ wrote:
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    huh.

aunt: john, we're a bit tight this month with the trip for the baby's christening. could you kick in more than usual for the groceries?
    john: ok.

*three days pass*
    *aunt leaves for christening having spent all the grocery money i gave her on foods for the christening*
    *leaves no food in the house*
    *here by myself*

cool
    I believe "not cool" is the phrase you are looking for chu.
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Damnit chuuuu
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    The last hour of work is the hardest
    it's more funny than infuriating, to me. like, she bought all sorts of food and made no indication that she'd be up in the middle of the night packing it and leaving nothing in the house haha.
    bish
    Damnit beer
    Damnit not being 20 anymore

I had 5 drinks over the course of like 6 hrs and I still feel blah
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Possible the X-Games is going to be in Detroit next year, I would totally go if that's the case.
    Damnit sun
    Damnit my window facing east ish and me not having blackout curtains
    Maybe I didn't hydrate enough
    ok i've done inventory

it looks like i have:

-half a box of reese's puffs (no milk)
    -9 packets of instant flavored oatmeal
    -1 box of kraft macaroni and cheese (no milk)
    -1 frozen-through pack of skinless chicken breasts
    -2 cans of corn

I CAN DO THIS *strut*
    wait

i found a pack of gummi bears

this...
    changes...
    everything
This discussion has been closed.