Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Alright, burrito eaten. Tea drank. Time to study intangible assets.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    HEY MAN YOU TAKING A CHIT?
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid get it and I'll bring my PS3 over and we will fuck up some luchadores.

But I already have a PS3.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    did someone die or something?

No, but we won't be seeing Atomic Ross/Atomika around any time soon.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

I don't know if you saw this

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26677603#Comment_26677603
    Quid wrote: »

Yeah but if I bring mine and you have SR3 we can do two player coop. It'll be awesome.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

ah, nope. was asleap at the time by the timestamp.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

Yeah but if I bring mine and you have SR3 we can do two player coop. It'll be awesome.

Cool buy me a copy of SR3 and it's a deal.

Also Disgaea cause I never played that either.

Cool buy me a copy of SR3 and it's a deal.

Also Disgaea cause I never played that either.

I haven't played it either >.>

Also buy your own copy!

With your rich navy dollars!
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    I honestly can't think of any instance of forum drama that I've ever been involved in. Either I'm very oblivious or kind of dull. Hrmm.

The forum drama I've been in has mainly involved the mods deciding what size mallet to use on me.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
    hmm, I am torn on Neverwinter. Cause the gameplay is excellent, graphics are nice, has a good feature set supporting the game (access crafting and the AH from a web page etc..)

But god damn is their free to play model exploitative as hell. These people are dead set extracting many, many dollars from you by any means necessary.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    I can make Pam in Saint's Row 3? This game got more interesting to me.

Also no money so something when I have money.
    falasig.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Shivahn's buying people copies. Ask her.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Sitting here eating custard straight from the jug.

Totally worth the look of disgust from my husband :P
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    hmm, I am torn on Neverwinter. Cause the gameplay is excellent, graphics are nice, has a good feature set supporting the game (access crafting and the AH from a web page etc..)

But god damn is their free to play model exploitative as hell. These people are dead set extracting many, many dollars from you by any means necessary.

So far I have found neverwinter pretty bad but I imagine the combat evolves beyond left mouse button and e button mashing eventually

right
    Quid, you're still buying us all copies of Bioshock Infinite for Christmas, right?
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I have never played a Saints Row.

the consensus appears to be to skip straight to the third

I am keeping an eye out for it

Don't skip the second. Playing all three is best, but the first isn't necessary.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I have never played a Saints Row.

the consensus appears to be to skip straight to the third

I am keeping an eye out for it

Don't skip the second. Playing all three is best, but the first isn't necessary.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

Just ignore it. That is what I do. The Foundry is pretty neat though.
    falasig.png
    Haha, Super Figaro Brothers indeed.

Terra hits for thirty!

Sabin pummels for 250! Edgar bio blasts for 120+poison!

Next turn, Terra crits for 80! Sabin pummels for 250, Edgar autocrossbows for 215!

SOMEONE is not pulling her weight!
    Cinders wrote: »
    Quid, you're still buying us all copies of Bioshock Infinite for Christmas, right?

I'm doing all sorts of things I say I'm going to do.

You are terrible!

This isn't Valkyria Chronicles, I'm not buying it for everyone!
    Sabin Aurabolts for 430.

Yeah Terra is doing literally one fourteenth the damage Sabin is.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    God fuck sinus pressure. I feel like the entire left side of my face is gonna pop.

I dunno if that's possible. Everything feeds into one of their many different kinds of funbucks. Astral Diamonds. Seals. Zen.

And when they make the commercialization so in your face there's really no avoiding thinking things like "welp, that was worth $0.001 out of the $7.00 I need to get past the next arbitrary barrier".

I would be less annoyed by it all if the prices for shit weren't so insane. Stuff that should cost $1 (if at all) costs $10.

The cost of a lifetime sub in LOTRO, that would still be paying off today after the FTP transition, gets you some in game fluff.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh snappu loots ahoy in neverwinter.
    desc on
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

You are terrible!

Wait, I didn't know this and already bought a copy.

If I e-mail you the receipt, can I get a refund?

Note: Don't worry about the conversion rate, it's easier if you just give me the exact amount shown >.>
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Buy me video games.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

he's funny, a technically competent rapper, and isn't taking himself seriously even one iota, I can't say I really understand the (apparent?) backlash. then again I haven't looked for any actual critical discussion of Lil Dicky online, because, for god's sake, his name is Lil Dicky. anyone who is actually bothered by his existence has to be scouring the internet for things to be mad about that other people are enjoying

can we jewish dudes even be official bros
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Mortious wrote: »

You are terrible!

Wait, I didn't know this and already bought a copy.

If I e-mail you the receipt, can I get a refund?

Note: Don't worry about the conversion rate, it's easier if you just give me the exact amount shown >.>

I considered this but realized that shipping would be a bitch.

Also I don't know your address.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    I'm installing SR3 and I guess I need a partner

ravenhpltc24 won't get on the PC level.
    camo_sig2.png
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Sitting here eating custard straight from the jug.

Totally worth the look of disgust from my husband :P

Fuck the police

While I have it for PC too, I don't have one that can run it reasonably well >.>
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I dunno if that's possible. Everything feeds into one of their many different kinds of funbucks. Astral Diamonds. Seals. Zen.

And when they make the commercialization so in your face there's really no avoiding thinking things like "welp, that was worth $0.001 out of the $7.00 I need to get past the next arbitrary barrier".

I would be less annoyed by it all if the prices for shit weren't so insane. Stuff that should cost $1 (if at all) costs $10.

The cost of a lifetime sub in LOTRO, that would still be paying off today after the FTP transition, gets you some in game fluff.

FTP models are tricky; a lot of western developers remain pretty confused about how far monetization should intrude into gameplay.

LoL did a pretty good job, but a lot of MMOs have intruded too far.
    kedinik on
    Saints row 2 is mandatory!
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    Are people doing multiplayer stuff on PS3? I'd be down, assuming the game isn't too expensive...
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

While I have it for PC too, I don't have one that can run it reasonably well >.>

You could always come play it on my computer.

It's a monolith dedicated to poor spending habits.
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular

weak.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

he's funny, a technically competent rapper, and isn't taking himself seriously even one iota, I can't say I really understand the (apparent?) backlash. then again I haven't looked for any actual critical discussion of Lil Dicky online, because, for god's sake, his name is Lil Dicky. anyone who is actually bothered by his existence has to be scouring the internet for things to be mad about that other people are enjoying

can we jewish dudes even be official bros

right, i can't even get mad. for a while i've been annoyed by like, flats-wearing white girls with big thug life rings or something but this feels different and more earnest and open. plus he is fun and rhythmic, even if he's a little lacking in uh... some elements of delivery. as an avowed white-person-hater, i can't help but enjoy this dude.
This discussion has been closed.