Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Sitting here eating custard straight from the jug.

Totally worth the look of disgust from my husband :P

Fuck the police

For the record there was no look of disgust.

I merely commented that she'd made a lot of custard for two people to have with a small apple turnover each.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    for example: getting a bag slot in Neverwinter seems to be 1500 Zen (unless I am reading this wrong, could be)

a "Zen" is pretty much a penny. So it's fifteen fucking dollars for a bag slot.

But you can earn Zen in game you say! A daily quest that gives Astral Diamonds (another form of funbucks) gives 1000 astral diamonds.

A single zen (or penny) is about 400-500 astral diamonds.

So all it takes is a mere 750 runs of daily quests to get your bag slot!
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I'm installing SR3 and I guess I need a partner

ravenhpltc24 won't get on the PC level.

While I have it for PC too, I don't have one that can run it reasonably well >.>

You could always come play it on my computer.

It's a monolith dedicated to poor spending habits.

If I'm with you I would want to play it, you know, with you.

I don't think it does local coop with one keyboard well :P
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    speaking of white Philly rappers is Mac Miller any good

I mentally group him in the Asher Roth tier of guys I heard one sort of novelty youtube track of years ago, but Flying Lotus just produced a track for him and I can listen to anything FlyLo
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    I got this game called Apoc12 for my tablet, and I've been really really enjoying it. It's basically everything I wanted out of a zombie survival game, except there are no zombies. But you sort of explore around (everything is overlaid onto Google Maps, and you can play with GPS mode on and move around that way or you can play simulated mode and it costs you Movement Points to get around) and run into ambushers and find other settlements and you have quests missions and you can get weapons and upgrade them etc etc etc. I've been having an absolute blast with it, and I think it's fairly new, so I'm looking forward to updates. No multiplayer, but honestly I think I prefer that because I like doing stuff at my own pace.
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    That Atomika thing reminds me of a movie, actually.

Laurence Anyways, I thought it was a good movie.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dark Raven X on
    camo_sig2.png
    Arch wrote: »
    ARAM ARAM ARAM

what up [chat]

i saw iron Man 3 and i haven't worked on my card game yet.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Atomika/Atomic Ross is good people.

I hope everything ends up okay for her. I imagine coming out would put a lot of strain on any relationship, it is very brave and most likely will be very net positive after a while.

Yup. Though I always got the impression that had a very good relationship, so I'm hoping that it'll be a supportive environment rather than an issue to overcome.

And next time she should wait a few hours before doing big reveals.
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I have completed half the Sonic Generations challenges.

This game is addictive once you get in to knocking out cheevos.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

he's funny, a technically competent rapper, and isn't taking himself seriously even one iota, I can't say I really understand the (apparent?) backlash. then again I haven't looked for any actual critical discussion of Lil Dicky online, because, for god's sake, his name is Lil Dicky. anyone who is actually bothered by his existence has to be scouring the internet for things to be mad about that other people are enjoying

can we jewish dudes even be official bros

right, i can't even get mad. for a while i've been annoyed by like, flats-wearing white girls with big thug life rings or something but this feels different and more earnest and open. plus he is fun and rhythmic, even if he's a little lacking in uh... some elements of delivery. as an avowed white-person-hater, i can't help but enjoy this dude.

Yeah. Like, I don't think the faux-thug elocution is necessary, it simultaneously confirms he's not serious but also makes it seem a little bit mocking, I dunno. He's just got some pretty clever lines, I'm a huge sports guy and I probably don't even catch all the references in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2hnfNCoBPo

"My D-Rose quicker than a Bull at the Garden"

nicely done Lil D
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Quid wrote: »

oh man, that game.

i did all the challenges in that game.

it was a good time to be had.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Drat, my tea went cold before I drank it.

Day. Ruined.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    hmm, I am torn on Neverwinter. Cause the gameplay is excellent, graphics are nice, has a good feature set supporting the game (access crafting and the AH from a web page etc..)

But god damn is their free to play model exploitative as hell. These people are dead set extracting many, many dollars from you by any means necessary.

Just ignore it. That is what I do. The Foundry is pretty neat though.

I dunno if that's possible. Everything feeds into one of their many different kinds of funbucks. Astral Diamonds. Seals. Zen.

And when they make the commercialization so in your face there's really no avoiding thinking things like "welp, that was worth $0.001 out of the $7.00 I need to get past the next arbitrary barrier".

I would be less annoyed by it all if the prices for shit weren't so insane. Stuff that should cost $1 (if at all) costs $10.

The cost of a lifetime sub in LOTRO, that would still be paying off today after the FTP transition, gets you some in game fluff.

I don't know. I never look at the zen shop. I don't collect diamonds like it is dilithium from STO where I have also successfully ignored the funbucks shop. And only gave them 5 bucks for two more slots.

The intrusion is only there if you want to pay attention to it. I myself? I just ignore it, play some foundry missions and play story with my wizard.

I find I am able to very easily ignore cash shops unless I want something specifically.
    falasig.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Our final research paper is due tomorrow at 5pm, and three of my group members have not even touched their sections. I foolishly volunteered to read over it and edit it tomorrow afternoon before it's done, it's gonna be a mess, if it's there at all.

Having a hard time caring. Graduating anyway.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

@Dark Raven X

I own the game but I haven't played it on PC. I could probably be convinced to download and play it, although I won't be able to until Friday night because I'll be in a hotel room until then.
    "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it."

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
    Mortious wrote: »

Day. Ruined.

/r/britishproblems
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Mortious wrote: »

Day. Ruined.

Put ice in it. Add sugar.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, back at the hospital. I think that it's comforting for her to have me here.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
    Once you've added the sugar be sure to add more sugar.

Repeat as necessary.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular

Ruh roh

On the PC?

The multiplayer is borked, it took me over a year of dipping in once a month and hundreds of crash-to-desktops to get my multi cheevo. So. Heads up, if you're going for 100%

(Also there's one for beating the final boss without taking a hit. It's difficult.)

(Also Also, Modern Sonic's Vector mission blows.)
    camo_sig2.png
    for example: getting a bag slot in Neverwinter seems to be 1500 Zen (unless I am reading this wrong, could be)

a "Zen" is pretty much a penny. So it's fifteen fucking dollars for a bag slot.

But you can earn Zen in game you say! A daily quest that gives Astral Diamonds (another form of funbucks) gives 1000 astral diamonds.

A single zen (or penny) is about 400-500 astral diamonds.

So all it takes is a mere 750 runs of daily quests to get your bag slot!

Also I want to point out that zen will go down, it is in the early game flux and will probably hit to dilith levels eventually which is about 90 dilithium for 1 zen which isn't nearly as bad.

And this stuff is really optional, unless you are playing it like a traditional grind for 5 hours mmo.
    falasig.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    It's kinda telling of what kind of thing this place is

when one of us says they'll be going and we're all going "...but you'll come back to us, right?"
    xlh6c3.png

Ruh roh

On the PC?

The multiplayer is borked, it took me over a year of dipping in once a month and hundreds of crash-to-desktops to get my multi cheevo. So. Heads up, if you're going for 100%

(Also there's one for beating the final boss without taking a hit. It's difficult.)

Nah I'm not going for all of them. I've just been working my way through all of the challenges.
    So, back at the hospital. I think that it's comforting for her to have me here.

look the reception is already creeped out enough and if you keep calling the hospital "her" they'll have security call the cops.
    xlh6c3.png
    I'm sorry I just got back. What's up with whom in the hospital?
    xlh6c3.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

This is such a beautifully generic sentence.

It is a masterpiece.

edited May 2013

Ruh roh

On the PC?

Nah I'm not going for all of them. I've just been working my way through all of the challenges.

i got all the challenges without getting all the achievements myself...

i take it you already found all the red rings?
    21stCentury on
    Pretty sure it is his grandmother.
    falasig.png

It is a masterpiece.

It's definitely a kind of thing.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

It is a masterpiece.

why thank you.
    xlh6c3.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

when one of us says they'll be going and we're all going "...but you'll come back to us, right?"

If I died in a freak accident I'd feel worse about nobody here knowing than about facebook or my various googley data. Though it is nice that they finally created a means of influencing stuff like that.
    tea-1.jpg

Ruh roh

On the PC?

Oh my no. Just going through portals and racing doppelgangers and whatnot.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular

I reinstalled it yesterday although I'm never wintering right now.

Desc on steam!

It is a masterpiece.

It's definitely a kind of thing.

it's sort of a kind of thing, one where one might tend to occasionally think, look at this place, and what a thing it is, generally
    G2Dcf.jpg
    About to watch the scariest movie I've seen since Shaun of the Dead.

Ruh roh

On the PC?

Oh my no. Just going through portals and racing doppelgangers and whatnot.

oh man, you gotta get all the red rings...

do it for me...
    About to watch the scariest movie I've seen since Shaun of the Dead.

Sex and the City 2?
This discussion has been closed.