Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn what are all these notifications?

I dunno, click on them and it should say?

Were you dragged through a quote tree?

Maybe? I can't check right now
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I feel really unwell

I should probably have an early night
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Shivahn what are all these notifications?

I dunno, click on them and it should say?

Were you dragged through a quote tree?

Maybe? I can't check right now

Hmm, doesn't look like you actually had your name buried in a quote tree..
    It is possible you got involved in a large PM conversation or something too.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Probably got invited into a mass PM, Elldren.
    I was not invited to any mass PMs : (
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, I've been warned twice now for trying to assert my authority over [chat].

There's probably a lesson to be learned here ...
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Probably got invited into a mass PM, Elldren.

: (
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Because it is about you.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

I think you got a more personal pm instead.

Cinders wrote: »

I think you got a more personal pm instead.

Yeah, I figured >.>
    Elldren can you read pms or no?
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Getting invited to that mass pm was first of all, very sad because of the content. Secondly, very touching because I was included. Thirdly, disappointing because I was liked enough to be included. I failed myself
    Ludious on
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    okay time to do this streaking challenge in saints row

*gets naked*

*gets survival mission phone call*

fuck

now to fight as the vikings of old, i guess

*arrives at mission location to find a photo op*

damn it

Haaahhahahahahaha

This is the best agglomeration of random events.

I almost wanna pick up SR3 but i really do want to finish FFVI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNGa41tRac
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh god it's a confront-your-bigotry day

I'm a misogynist. I don't feel like changing. Patriarchy.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    My favourite mass PM was @Ravenhpltc24 gloating about being back-up to make [chat].

Of course, she's since gone on to make [chat] twice in the span of a week or so

So she might be on to something

Or it could be that the universe conspires against me anytime I wish to defeat her (whether it be [chat]-making or Scrabble), and instead bludgeons me for not knowing my station in life. :P
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    So, here's something interesting. From the US constitution:
    No Person shall be a Representative ... who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.
    No Person shall be a Senator ... who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.
    The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office

That's right, having women in Congress or as president is unconstitutional.

"He" is commonly used as a genderless term when talking about a hypothetical person. It is not rare language.

Yes, but in the actual historical context 'He' meant a white landowning male.

Of course, by this strict of a definition we also didn't have a legitimate President until Tyler.

Could you clarify that?

It sounds like you're saying no president before Tyler was a white landowning male.

No President before Tyler was a natural born citizen of the United States. They were all born servants of the British crown.
    No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

And seeing how the United States didn't exist until the ratification of that Constitution nobody was a citizen at the precise moment in time of its adoption. They were citizens of the Confederated States.

I think that's a silly thing to say. People who were citizens under the articles were automatically citizens under the Constitution. The Constitution didn't create a new country, just a new set of laws.

Under the Articles of Confederation, we were still called the US, incidentally, not the Confederated States. It's literally the first article: 'The style of this confederacy shall be, "The United States of America."'
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Kyle Kinane is fucking hilarious

From his twitter
    Sat next to The Clash at the bar the other night. (I'm the best comedian in the history of laughter)
    BJhbzzkCQAMZ0gV.jpg
    Element Brian on
    Ludious wrote: »
    Getting invited to that mass pm was first of all, very sad because of the content. Secondly, very touching because I was included. Thirdly, disappointing because I was liked enough to be included. I failed myself

I didn't get invited.

Pffft, you're small-time, Ludious.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Shrek had a great soundtrack.

Excuse you?

Lion King.

Be Prepared.

Heifer.

http://youtu.be/cs1ePnsdVPg
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    No Person shall be a Representative ... who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.
    No Person shall be a Senator ... who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.
    The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office

"He" is commonly used as a genderless term when talking about a hypothetical person. It is not rare language.

Of course, by this strict of a definition we also didn't have a legitimate President until Tyler.

Could you clarify that?

It sounds like you're saying no president before Tyler was a white landowning male.

No President before Tyler was a natural born citizen of the United States. They were all born servants of the British crown.
    No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;

And seeing how the United States didn't exist until the ratification of that Constitution nobody was a citizen at the precise moment in time of its adoption. They were citizens of the Confederated States.

I think that's a silly thing to say. People who were citizens under the articles were automatically citizens under the Constitution. The Constitution didn't create a new country, just a new set of laws.

Under the Articles of Confederation, we were still called the US, incidentally, not the Confederated States. It's literally the first article: 'The style of this confederacy shall be, "The United States of America."'

This reminds me of how the Civil War kicked us away from saying "the United States are" towards saying "the United States is".
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I didn't get invited.

your dick is small-time
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    dummy me, i was gonna go shopping, and then go to gym since its near movie theater before movie, but i forgot my gym clothes i realized after i went shopping
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |

From his twitter
    Sat next to The Clash at the bar the other night. (I'm the best comedian in the history of laughter)
    BJhbzzkCQAMZ0gV.jpg

idgi
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    I honestly can't think of any instance of forum drama that I've ever been involved in. Either I'm very oblivious or kind of dull. Hrmm.
    tea-1.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I dislike this tension from not knowing whether my brother has got in contact with his girlfriend to see whether they're staying or going.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

From his twitter
    BJhbzzkCQAMZ0gV.jpg

idgi

His plaids clash hella tough
    G2Dcf.jpg
    emnmnme wrote: »

I didn't get invited.

your dick is small-time

MY DARKEST SECRET!
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    I never get PMs which is fine with me because I'm accepting my reclusive loner life which is obviously why I'm bringing it up.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

Could you clarify that?

This reminds me of how the Civil War kicked us away from saying "the United States are" towards saying "the United States is".

I think we can all agree that the only winners if the civil war were the skrulls.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
    y2jake215 wrote: »

From his twitter
    BJhbzzkCQAMZ0gV.jpg

idgi

oh

this is like the least funny thing I've seen Kyle post

his two specials are amazing and he is great live though so I can forgive him
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    I have never played a Saints Row.
    Quid wrote: »
    I have never played a Saints Row truly lived.

FrenchCat2.jpg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I saw Iron Man 3. I was surprised by it.

Sup? Did I miss anything in [chat]?
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    w26UDDV.jpg
    o2XOcak.png

Alright South Carolina

You can secede
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    How many saints are in the row anyway?
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    did someone die or something?
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

From his twitter
    BJhbzzkCQAMZ0gV.jpg

idgi

oh

this is like the least funny thing I've seen Kyle post

his two specials are amazing and he is great live though so I can forgive him

no shut up this is great

but really his specials are amazing
    Quid get it and I'll bring my PS3 over and we will fuck up some luchadores.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I have never played a Saints Row.

the consensus appears to be to skip straight to the third

I am keeping an eye out for it
This discussion has been closed.