Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    why are people acting like Michael Bay's TMNT somehow could not be a giant pile of shit
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So Robert Redford is hinting that his character
    is a villain

Which I had honestly kind of guessed, given that someone's gotta be controlling Winter Soldier, and while Zola's gotta be involved, I doubt he's the final boss fight

Looking at the cast list, there just isn't an obvious main villain in there
    Redford might be Zola all along. He'd make a pretty sweet Helmut Zola.
    Harry Dresden on
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    is a villain

Which I had honestly kind of guessed, given that someone's gotta be controlling Winter Soldier, and while Zola's gotta be involved, I doubt he's the final boss fight

Maybe the guy that ran Department X? Or Ivan Kragoff?

Also maybe this whole
    Steve not trusting SHIELD thing could lead to Bucky-cap!
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    is a villain

You're thinking of Zemo. Zola was the scientist in the first movie.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Potential Hulk Movies:

Hulk goes to the Supermarket.
    Hulk and Pepper buy Tony a birthday present, hi-jinks ensue.
    Hulk goes to therapy, smashes everyone.

Leader escapes SHIELD prison, starts up his gamma research again, captures Banner/Hulk, experiments on them, and accidentally unlocks a separate, full personality for the Hulk. Shenanigans ensue.
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Well, they could just rewrite movie Planet Hulk to have more Banner involvement than comic Planet Hulk.

On the other hand, I can't think of a good reason to send MCU Hulk to another planet.

"Hulk in Space" isn't good enough for you?

How about...

SPACE HULK

No, I meant an in-universe reason.

Like, how would he get there and why.

The Avengers are fighting Thanos aboard his starcrusier. Thanos uses the mind gem, or some other piece of tech, to make the Hulk rage out uncontrollably. With no other option, the Avengers lure the Hulk onto an escape pod and jettison it.

A. How did things get to that point?

B. What's going on with the rest of the Avengers and Thanos while we're watching Hulk?

Hell, I just thought up a good way to get Banner onto an alien planet. He's working on a variant of the portal transportation tech left over from the invasion. Something goes wrong. Banner stays behind to try and contain it.

Kablooey.

He wakes up, and he ain't in Kansas anymore.
    TrippyJing on
    daft1sig.gif
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    why are people acting like Michael Bay's TMNT somehow could not be a giant pile of shit

Desperation.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I'm imagining this happening during an Avengers movie; this isn't the focal point of the movie, it's just part of it.
    B. What's going on with the rest of the Avengers and Thanos while we're watching Hulk?

The rest of the movie happens. After the fighting, they search for Hulk but can't find him. We don't see Hulk again until the post-credits scene when he crash lands on Sakaar. His adventures on the planet are covered in a future solo movie.
    Undead Scottsman on
    edited May 2013
    Well, they could just rewrite movie Planet Hulk to have more Banner involvement than comic Planet Hulk.

On the other hand, I can't think of a good reason to send MCU Hulk to another planet.

How about...

SPACE HULK

I can do that scene in five minutes with shots of a naked Bruce Banner walking away from a crater that used to be Barcelona and a smash cut to an Apollo rocket.
    sarukun on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular

well ninja turtles 3 exists so it probably isn't even gonna be the worst ninja turtles movie
    xutFvZ4.gif
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Potential Hulk Movies:

Hulk goes to the Supermarket.
    Hulk and Pepper buy Tony a birthday present, hi-jinks ensue.
    Hulk goes to therapy, smashes everyone.

Leader escapes SHIELD prison, starts up his gamma research again, captures Banner/Hulk, experiments on them, and accidentally unlocks a separate, full personality for the Hulk. Shenanigans ensue.

How about...

SPACE HULK

The Avengers are fighting Thanos aboard his starcrusier. Thanos uses the mind gem, or some other piece of tech, to make the Hulk rage out uncontrollably. With no other option, the Avengers lure the Hulk onto an escape pod and jettison it.

Hell, I just thought up a good way to get Banner onto an alien planet. He's working on a variant of the portal transportation tech left over from the invasion. Something goes wrong. Banner stays behind to try and contain it.

Kablooey.

He wakes up, and he ain't in Kansas anymore.

Okay, yours is better.
  • A duck!A duck! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yes, but then you'd need to make him angry for World War Hulk.
    Favorite quotes
    trentsteel wrote:
    C'mon now

He invented rape rooms

Let's show a little respect.
    Tube's just used to lifting to get the guys.

Curls might get the girls, but to catch bears you need traps.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    I would be entirely happy without a World War Hulk

we don't have to adapt every major story arc of the comics into the movies

nobody wants werewolf Captain America
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    I don't think they necessarily have to follow Planet Hulk/WWH to the book, and frankly I'd rather they didn't. Mix it up a little
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
    Eh, the Planet Hulk storyline is partially dependant on Hulk feeling betrayed by his friends and having no desire to return home. Then again, changing the story from him becoming the king of Sakaar into him just liberating Sakaar and then returning home would allow them to use him in future movies without needing the World War Hulk messiness.
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    wait one fucking second did you say werewolf captain america???

because I fucking want that
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    that's amazing
    I smell Oscars!
    Favorite quotes
    trentsteel wrote:
    C'mon now

He invented rape rooms

• TonkkaTonkka Impossible! They were doomed!Registered User regular

How about...

SPACE HULK

Great, now I want a good 40k movie again.

God dammit.
    tonkkatrikesig.jpg
    Gamertag: T0NKKA - Steam: evilumpire Twitter Art blog/Portfolio!HEY SATAN!
    is a villain

You're thinking of Zemo. Zola was the scientist in the first movie.
    That's right. I don't know why I got them confused.
    Dichotomy wrote: »

well ninja turtles 3 exists so it probably isn't even gonna be the worst ninja turtles movie

It's Michael Bay. He'll do it.
    Cap did get hooked on meth once. Anybody interested in seeing that? Though it did have a great Kingpin/Red Skull one on one fight.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    I smell Oscars!

that's just wet dog
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    Tonkka wrote: »

How about...

SPACE HULK

Great, now I want a good 40k movie again.

God dammit.

You're welcome.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

He isn't directing, and its possible fan outcry could keep some of his worst habits at bay.
    Langly wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »
    I smell Oscars!

that's just wet dog

That's just me, because I'm wet, dog.
    Favorite quotes
    trentsteel wrote:
    C'mon now

He invented rape rooms

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    There will never be a 40k movie while GW exists
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

He isn't directing, and its possible fan outcry could keep some of his worst habits at bay.

Transformers.

E: director did battle Los Angeles and wrath of the titans. Yeah...
    rhylith on
    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk>, XBL/LoL/HoN- Amalockh, SC2- Rhylith.485
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    32345-2400-36075-1-captain-america.jpg
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I want werewolf captain america

I mean now that she mentions it.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
    oh my god you people
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I don't know why you were expecting any other outcome there.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    I now pronounce you man and wolf.
    daft1sig.gif
    There will never be a 40k movie while GW exists

So by destroying GW I can guarantee a 40K movie?

Two birds.
  • NocrenNocren Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    I assume you mean good/quality 40K movie?

Cause there was this:
    220px-Ultramarines_-_A_Warhammer_40%2C000_Movie_DVD_cover.jpg
    newSig.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    oh my god you people

what do you mean you people
    edited May 2013
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    oh my god you people

what do you mean you people

what do you mean you people?

Undead Scottsman on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Grey Hulk is basically a more intelligent variant of the Hulk, right?
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg