Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    There will never be a 40k movie while GW exists
    Also the empire of man is fuck crazy awful and its hard to like an inhuman monster who pres acid or a guy who dies thirty seconds into the film

sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
    Oh so, only one new book this week for my series I've been reading. I should take opportunity to start a new series, any suggestions?
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Thor: God of Thunder
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    What books ARE you reading?

Kinda need to know that before making suggestions.
    2MyOx.png
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Oh so, only one new book this week for my series I've been reading. I should take opportunity to start a new series, any suggestions?

Hawkeye, Saga, Young Avengers, Uber
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Greatest Wizard In All of Ooo. Cantrip!Registered User regular
    Hawkeye and Saga are the light
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    There will never be a 40k movie while GW exists
    Also the empire of man is fuck crazy awful and its hard to like an inhuman monster who pres acid or a guy who dies thirty seconds into the film

It can be filmable IMO. The atmosphere in Abnett's books like Eisenhorn Saga and Gaunt's Ghosts would be sufficient.
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Avengers, New X-Men, Hawkeye, young Avengers, wolverine and the xmen, lookouts. right now
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh hey yeah, latest Avengers issues IS out isn't it...
    Gatsby on
    daft2.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    razzenfrazzen avengers arena
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Oh god what's happened in arena, now?
    daft2.gif
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    nic cage is a genre

This is just one of those things that hits like a truth
    qZBj2IN.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    oh wow so not only (avengers arena spoilers)
    does Apex snap Juston's neck on panel she steals the remains of the sentinel that was turned into a walker for the paralyzed Juston

i almost want to applaud hopeless for writing something designed to piss me off and hate him for getting his hands on Juston in Avengers Arena forever

he also
    killed off Constrictor and ignored all of his character development last month
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular

Avengers, New X-Men, Hawkeye, young Avengers, wolverine and the xmen, lookouts. right now

New Avengers or Uncanny Avengers

you're off to an excellent start there!

Saga is crazy space opera craziness that difficult to describe in a way that does it justice. Horned boy from magic horned people moon meets winged girl from technological winged people planet, they fall in love, and have a baby. Except their people have been at war for longer than either have been alive, and he was her prisoner. Now they're on the run with their winged, horned baby (who is the narrator) in a tree-ship from the Rocketship Forest and their babysitter who is a teenage ghost missing the lower half of her ghostly "body". They are being chased by a dude who seems strangely ordinary for the setting, which makes him stand out, his companion, a giant cat that only ever says "lying", and says it whenever it hears anyone tell a lie. Also a robot prince with a TV for a head and a lady with a spider for a lower torso and none of this really scratches the surface of how wonderfully weird it all is. It's Brian K. Vaughn, who wrote Runaways and Y: The Last Man, and Pride of Baghdad and is generally great, working with the most impressive new artist I've seen in years, Fiona Staples.

and Uber is Kieron Gillen's take on superhumans in WW2. It is ugly and bleak and he's doing his best to treat the subject matter as ethically and honestly as possible and so far he's doing a fantastic job of making me feel bad about WW2.
    hawkeyesig.jpg
    oh wow so not only (avengers arena spoilers)
    does Apex snap Juston's neck on panel she steals the remains of the sentinel that was turned into a walker for the paralyzed Juston

i almost want to applaud hopeless for writing something designed to piss me off and hate him for getting his hands on Juston in Avengers Arena forever

he also
    killed off Constrictor and ignored all of his character development last month

God

Fucking

Dammit
    daft2.gif
    Just read the first issue of Saga, holy shit that was good. Going to read more! And is Uber on comixology? I couldn't find it
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    I thought The Island was enjoyable. Pain and Gain sounds good too. Basically, everything he's done that's not giant robot related has been decent to good.

Pearl Harbor

Considering how soulless the acting was, I'd argue there were robots in that movie too.

That's rather mean of me, sorry. I did not intend to insult any robots out there.

(I've never actually watched Pearl Harbor)
    PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
    @Bucketman also give a shot Mark Waid's Daredevil, Immortal Iron Fist, and from what I've read so far the current Scarlet Spider is pretty dang good.
    daft2.gif
    Just read the first issue of Saga, holy shit that was good. Going to read more! And is Uber on comixology? I couldn't find it

Sadly no, it's through Avatar Press, who is apparently working on a digital option for their books but doesn't have one yet
    hawkeyesig.jpg
    edited May 2013
    re: avengers arena
    hmmm

but it still doen't excuse my second spoiler
    Antimatter on
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    saga is okay. i've read the first ten issues and didn't really see all the hype about it, but it's good

probably enjoyed about as much as avenger's arena, actually
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    the backup story in the past two issues of batman was great though

more batman/superman vs occult magic please
    re: avengers arena
    hmmm

but it still doen't excuse my second spoiler

I don't think it even excuses the first spoiler! That feels like a bullshit copout, now that it's been teased hopeless has to either pull it off spectacularly in a way that doesn't feel lazy or contrived, or it's going to fall flat on its face.
    daft2.gif
    Second spoiler isn't a confirmed thing, right? I mean, that flashback took place months before Arena started and if that character has been active in other books since then.....
    Second spoiler isn't a confirmed thing, right? I mean, that flashback took place months before Arena started and if that character has been active in other books since then.....
    I haven't seen that character in any other book recently.
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    It's also kinda sickening when you read the real story.

No wonder Bay wanted to direct it.
    I haven't seen that character in any other book recently.

Oh, I misunderstood when you said last month, never mind. I got what you meant.

I still doubt that one was for reals though.
    @Bucketman also give a shot Mark Waid's Daredevil, Immortal Iron Fist, and from what I've read so far the current Scarlet Spider is pretty dang good.

iron fist the one that was out a couple years ago with the fantastic art? Because I own all our those in trades and love them dearly. I'll give daredevil a shot too
    Yup that'd be the one. Seriously that is a fantastic series.
    daft2.gif
    WHERE ARE MY VICTORY WENCHES?
  • LasbrookLasbrook Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Hooray I can read this thread again!

IM3 Spoilers:
    Holy crap do I love this film. for a movie that the trailers showed as something darker there was a TON of fucking humor in this movie. the Mandarin in the second half of the movie was glorious. I love how this plot has involved AIM and the Mandarin and had way more comic book craziness than say the first two. On the other hand I think having read the Extremis storyline hurts you going into this movie. I want Extremis Tony and they fucking know it. The micro computers or whatever allowing the armor to fly onto him and that shot of him undergoing surgery they put into the trailers were an excellent ruse. The entire ending shot I just wanted the plates to pop onto his face. the after credits scene made up for it though, hooooly shit.

The shawarma I was less impressed with.
    ThomasSig_zpsfaa2a05b.jpg
    So reading the latest Avengers

That was a really good issue after the last one.
    daft2.gif
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah.Registered User regular
    IM3 was.... Alright.
    Trevor, though, was the shit and I would happily watch his story made into a movie.
    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular

gotta say Cage deliberately not cursing was a good choice

He curses a bunch in the movie, doesn't he?
    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Also random IM3 question:
    Was Killiam Extremis'd the entire movie? I ask because when he's with Pepper, he's showing off his brain and showed the black hole where they could alter the genetic code. Was his not altered at the time, or was he lying to Pepper?

Finally, I just realized why the new TMNT makes me sad.

When it comes out, the current TV show will probably get cancelled :(
    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I actually got emotional when
    Dummy plunged to his death.

On a more serious note,
    my heart sank when Pepper fell into the fire, and I really thought they were pulling a Dark Knight.... Then I remembered Extremis, and wanted to slap myself.
    Ad astra on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Also random IM3 question:
    Was Killiam Extremis'd the entire movie? I ask because when he's with Pepper, he's showing off his brain and showed the black hole where they could alter the genetic code. Was his not altered at the time, or was he lying to Pepper?

Finally, I just realized why the new TMNT makes me sad.

When it comes out, the current TV show will probably get cancelled :(
    Probably was just an old scan and not a live feed like he said it was. I imagine part of the reason he looked better and didn't need a cane anymore is because of Extremis.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg