Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    ill agree i felt that same disconnect and thought the exact same thing in regards to those two scenes.

also i remember thinking
    holy SHIT tony kills a ton of dudes in this movie
    rotate.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    i will say about the iron man movie villains
    every single one of them has been an evil businessman whose plot is to gain power via technology

Although this is a fair criticism...
    The fact that the bad guy wasn't wearing a metal suit of any kind is at least refreshing enough that I'll take it.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Nogs wrote: »
    some of that can be explained away by the fact
    she is married to tony, who we see in the second film as training so much as to even have his own ring in his house.

she might have picked up a little something herself

Eh, even so I still thought it was kinda silly.

The one thing the movie didn't do a great job with was
    consistency with regards to how much of a Soldier either Tony or Pepper was.

One minute he's breaking into a compound with a McGuyver set of tools and weapons, the next he's bumbling alongside Rhodey and he can't hit a spotlight.

I was wondering if I was watching the same movie! He goes from homemade grenades, spy gear, and a PSI-Pistol to wasting his clip shooting at nothing, and generally being incompetent in a firefight.

Basically I felt the last action sequence in the movie was the weakest link and the movie could have standed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Re: Tony + guns
    The earlier scene is like an uzi or something, and it seemed like he got more/better shots with his repulsor than with the gun. He didn't look like he was trying to hit people with the gun, he looked like he was just tossing out bursts of bullets to keep too many of them from coming at him.
    3h5Wc.png
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    I just assumed Tony had been practicing his hand to hand, I think he even does that in the comics, so he wouldn't be 100% useless outside of his armor.

He held his own in handcuffs against a lavawoman agent who knew martial arts, so.
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    I dunno, the movie just never really clicked for me. SPOILERS FOR IRON MAN THE THRID YO
    I mean, it was a neat twist when Batman Begins did it, but it just seemed kinda hokey in this one.

Would the War on Terror really be as important to controlling the world after AN ALIEN INVASION?

And Killian was just a sneering douche. And he was Fire Lord Ozai, apparently. Because healing equals fire. Yep.

Instead of a shirtless Guy Pearce Mandarin, why not have, say, one of those space worm things modified via Extremis into an awesome Fin Fang Foom shout out? Or something.

And did Iron Patriot even do anything? At all?

And why didn't SHIELD have Hawkeye or Black Widow or fucking anybody targeting the Ten Rings?

And how did Pepper suddenly know Kung Fu and how to wield Extremis?

And why did no one think to ask Iron Patriot to take off his helmet. On Air Force One. After numerous terrorist attacks.

You really just wanted a really different movie.

I think you were wishing for a different movie so badly that you missed a couple of the important bits.

Because most of what you wrote down is either baffling or wrong.

Except for the bit on
    Pepper flipping out, though Extremis fucks with your head and makes you more violent/less in control of emotions as the movie seemed to imply.

It didn't quite explain how she flip-kicked into an uppercut to break the Iron-Man armor that was targeting her, though.
    I've been going with the (in my mind entirely reasonable) notion that Extremis would also repair/improve reflexes and coordination.

It enhances musculature, there's no reason to assume it can't improve the nervous system.
    Well we see him boxing in IM2 so yeah he probably trains a lot
    3h5Wc.png
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Andrew Stanton (director/writer of WALL-E) just retweeted this article about Big Hero 6

San Fransokyo
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    I just assumed Tony had been practicing his hand to hand, I think he even does that in the comics, so he wouldn't be 100% useless outside of his armor.

He held his own in handcuffs against a lavawoman agent who knew martial arts, so.
    Right at the beginning of the movie when he is trying on the mk42 he throwa some quick punches at a training dummy in his workshop. I took that that as meaning that he wasn't only building suits in his spare time but also training hand to hand combat.

I was hoping someone would come in and say this.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    she is married to tony, who we see in the second film as training so much as to even have his own ring in his house.

One minute he's breaking into a compound with a McGuyver set of tools and weapons, the next he's bumbling alongside Rhodey and he can't hit a spotlight.

I was wondering if I was watching the same movie! He goes from homemade grenades, spy gear, and a PSI-Pistol to wasting his clip shooting at nothing, and generally being incompetent in a firefight.

Basically I felt the last action sequence in the movie was the weakest link and the movie could have standed to be about 20 minutes shorter.
    Well, he went from using a submachine gun at spitting ranges to using a handgun at a somewhat longer distance. And he does hit the spotlight. His conversation with Rhodes goes something like:

Nailed it.

Yeah, you sure broke that glass.

Nobody can hit the bulb at this distance.

Bang bang.
    daft1sig.gif
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    So I had never heard about this movie before today, but it sounds like it was made specifically for @The Lovely Bastard

http://youtu.be/lQHMTMJsqQA

http://www.avclub.com/articles/java-heat,97485/
    Java Heat is an action movie for serious action movie buffs. Neither outrageous nor self-conscious, it looks and moves like any number of good late-’80s/early-’90s action flicks.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i didn't know they were remaking black rain

alt post:

wow, they remade bullet to the head already?

alt alt post

what, jackie chan and chris tucker were busy?

alt alt alt post

well, you get the joke

i'll see this movie maybe
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Andrew Stanton (director/writer of WALL-E) just retweeted this article about Big Hero 6

San Fransokyo

This one seems to have more info though
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    San Fransokyo? I'd rather live in Portlapporo.
    Based on that second article, I'm gonna say that this movie definitely isn't in the MCU

Ah well. Still sounds cool

Wonder if it will become another Marvel universe
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I want to live in Seadon.

Maybe Londattle? No, fuck, what was I thinking.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Some early, brief footage from Big Hero 6, which takes place in "San Fransokyo" (and so is apparently not connected to the Marvel cinematic universe?):

http://youtu.be/GSV3laJplpU
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I would almost put money on them having Tony do some hand-to-hand stuff because RDJ does actually practice kung fu and I'd guess he asked them to
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    even on a basic level, it makes sense that the character would become more competent at fighting and shooting things after fighting and shooting things became part of his day-to-day
    02YsrWP.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

No mention of in your face product placement? Pass.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    even on a basic level, it makes sense that the character would become more competent at fighting and shooting things after fighting and shooting things became part of his day-to-day

Especially when that same character

(Avengers spoilers I guess?)
    Just recently realized that the suit alone is little protection against a universe full of aliens and gods.
    SirEtchwarts on
    acblackflag.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Angela
    angela.jpg
    You know what's cool?
    Pants. Pants are cool
    15Tpj.jpeg
    So in this movie

(general Iron Man 3 spoilers)
    Was the Extremis lady who had Tony in handcuffs supposed to be a reference to Madame Masque? The way Tony reacted when he first saw her made it seem like they'd had a history, and I was wondering if the facial disfigurement might have been some sort of clue.

Until she turned out to be working for Killian, I actually assumed she was just a one-off reference to that character.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    oh hey speaking of women supers, I am reading Fearless Defenders and I like Marvel's Hippolyta. lady is a batshit deathmachine, is pretty great
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    I am very curious to see if Sara Pichelli sticks with that design in Guardians

It seems like something she would haaaaaaate.
  • dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Angela
    angela.jpg
    You know what's cool?
    Pants. Pants are cool

That doesn't seem very practical. :P
    Also, who is Angela?
    dspimoni wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Angela
    angela.jpg
    You know what's cool?
    Pants. Pants are cool

That doesn't seem very practical. :P
    Also, who is Angela?

it's kind of a long story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_(comics)
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Looks like they pretty much took McFarlane's design and made it less spiky.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    If the armor actually, y'know, covered her torso and legs I would like the costume.

It is very ornate but it fits her role as a warrior angel lady.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    How does she even bend her knees in those boots?

Also it's funny/sad that her belt is wider and provides more coverage than her underpants or boob armor.
    PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
    How does she even bend her knees in those boots?

they're made out of the same segmented bendy metal that Winter Soldier's arm is made of
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Don't you hate pants?
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Well, he went from using a submachine gun at spitting ranges to using a handgun at a somewhat longer distance. And he does hit the spotlight. His conversation with Rhodes goes something like:

Nailed it.

Yeah, you sure broke that glass.

Nobody can hit the bulb at this distance.

Bang bang.

Don't you fucking dare give me less movie.

I paid 11.50, I want all the movie you filmed, Goddammit.
    So looking at the Wikipedia article, who would be in Big Hero 6?

GoGo Tomago
    Honey Lemon
    Baymax
    Hiro (whose last name was changed, I guess) Hamada

And the other two founding members are tied up in Fox's X-Men rights

Actually, of the four remaining members, two are connected to the X-Men-related characters

Which really only leaves us with Fredzilla and Wasabi-No-Ginger, who both sound really cool

Though they could always make original characters or switch some things around. Disney did say they chose the property because it was unestablished enough that they could really make it their own

I would leave Baymax as a robot, since you'd already have a character who turns into a dragon
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    iron man 3 was alright

enjoyed it a lot more than i did avengers