Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• JimothyJimothy Registered User regular
    Also, do the Big Hero 6 have any prominent villains?

Wikipedia only mentions the Everwraith
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So in this movie

(general Iron Man 3 spoilers)
    Was the Extremis lady who had Tony in handcuffs supposed to be a reference to Madame Masque? The way Tony reacted when he first saw her made it seem like they'd had a history, and I was wondering if the facial disfigurement might have been some sort of clue.

Until she turned out to be working for Killian, I actually assumed she was just a one-off reference to that character.

That character is named in the credits as (spoilers for Iron Man 3 and other Marvel characters)
    Ellen Brandt, who in the comics is an AIM agent and the wife of Ted Sallis, who would become Man-Thing
    The facial scarring is a reference to the fact that Man-Thing burned half her face off
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So in this movie

(general Iron Man 3 spoilers)
    Was the Extremis lady who had Tony in handcuffs supposed to be a reference to Madame Masque? The way Tony reacted when he first saw her made it seem like they'd had a history, and I was wondering if the facial disfigurement might have been some sort of clue.

Until she turned out to be working for Killian, I actually assumed she was just a one-off reference to that character.

That character is named in the credits as (spoilers for Iron Man 3 and other Marvel characters)
    Ellen Brandt, who in the comics is an AIM agent and the wife of Ted Sallis, who would become Man-Thing
    The facial scarring is a reference to the fact that Man-Thing burned half her face off
    Oh

Oh damn I forgot that was a thing

That's way cooler than my idea
    acblackflag.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Seriously if they take that reference and at least jog with it

I will be so happy
    daft2.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    dspimoni wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Angela
    angela.jpg
    You know what's cool?
    Pants. Pants are cool

That doesn't seem very practical. :P
    Also, who is Angela?

this is the stupidest looking shit
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    why not just be fucking naked at that point
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    well because nudity isn't mainstream in America
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    There are better warrior angel ladies.
    aCDz0g2.jpg
    The_Saint_Approaches_by_MajesticChi.jpg
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Let's see a Superman redesign that goes back to the "baby blanket" origin for his cape.

Except let's just make that the only bit of Kryptonian material he's got.

Just Superman flying around

buck naked

baby blanket thrown around his hips like a towel

big ol' S shield on the trailing end.
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    cgCsnps.jpg
    Kilroy on
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So Brit actor Enzo Cilteni tweeted that he "may or may not be in Guardians of the Galaxy. I am sworn to secrecy so I can't say. In unrelated news 'I am.'"

The tweet has since been deleted but his recent retweets are articles about Guardians of the Galaxy and Zoe Saldana talking about her role as Gamora.

While the I am thing could be a tip towards Groot, he is a Brit and has a pretty appropriate kinda cockney accent for Rocket so that's the smart bet.

Also Saldana talked about the script for Guardians and praised how fun and humorous it is so it probably matches Avengers' tone.
    Blankzilla on
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Big Hero 6 has appeared in like maybe 20 comics ever

They don't have prominent anything, really

Which makes the movie even more insabe
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Let's see a Superman redesign that goes back to the "baby blanket" origin for his cape.

Except let's just make that the only bit of Kryptonian material he's got.

Just Superman flying around

buck naked

baby blanket thrown around his hips like a towel

big ol' S shield on the trailing end.

Naked Superman would probably be an even greater crime deterrent than regular Superman.

PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    aCDz0g2.jpg

@Weaver what's that from? It's glorious.
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
  • dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    aCDz0g2.jpg

I have no idea what either of those things are.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    they aren't things, they are women wearing armor
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Registered User regular
    the first one is Kayle from League of Legends
    Naphtalí SE++ WoW | Steam | B.net Tag: Naphtali#1830 | LoL: El Naphtali | Wish List
  • dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dichotomy wrote: »

I can never tell when you are being serious, dich, but I was referring to the scenes depicted in the pictures, not the characters therein. I'm getting a WH40K vibe from the second one. Am I right?
    dspimoni on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    dspimoni wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »

I can never tell when you are being serious, dich, but I was referring to the scenes depicted in the pictures, not the characters therein. I'm getting a WH40K vibe from the second one. Am I right?

Yup. Pretty sure that's Saint Celestine burning some cultists.
    Everyone's got to have a hobby.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna go for my second viewing tonight
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    YAY!!!!
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Oh thank fuck
    daft2.gif
    http://youtu.be/1mAsRAhjVMs

Viral video thing for Agents of SHIELD

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    This video is private
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
    It played just a minute ago when I linked it, ABC must have changed it.

It was just a blurry security cam style shot of Hulk smashing a car and then zooming in and highlighting Hulk. There was a logo in the corner that said RISING TIDE.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Yeah, and now it's been removed, but no matter. I look forward to the promo.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, like I said I am betting she gets a proper redesign in Guardians. I don't see Sara Pichelli drawing that costume without any changes for a length of time.
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Antimatter wrote: »

I really hope someone draws her wearing a cardigan now.

Edit: like, anytime it's a non-superhero action scene she should always be wearing a sweater. Just cruising on the ship's bridge, wearing a sweater and while sharpening her sword or something.
    Elderlycrawfish on
    PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    aCDz0g2.jpg

@Weaver what's that from? It's glorious.

One of the Imperial martyred saints from Warhammer 40k.
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
    So the site that reported AoS has been picked up jumped the gun a bit. It hasn't officially happened but between the Hulk video and EW saying it is the "safest bet" of the network's entire line-up it's pretty much a given.
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Jimothy wrote: »

Big Hero 6 has appeared in like maybe 20 comics ever

They don't have prominent anything, really

Which makes the movie even more insabe

Yup.

Fortunately, one of their 20ish comics is a really good little Brian Clevinger half-a-oneshot, up on Comixology. Gives a good intro to the team, and made Gogo Tomago my favorite.

2MyOx.png
    Well it is going to happen tonight so blame Newsarama for being too trigger happy!
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    curse youuuuuuu

uuuu~
    02YsrWP.jpg