Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Also, Laura Dern is awesome.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Laura Dern in Jurassic Park is pretty close to my ideal woman.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    TMNT ain't getting cancelled.

It is doing really, really well for Nickelodeon. Both in ratings and in merchandise.

It got renewed for a third season before the first season was over.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    "You are doing a <insert word here> movie! No one can ever say no to a <insert word here> movie!”
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Also random IM3 question:
    Was Killiam Extremis'd the entire movie? I ask because when he's with Pepper, he's showing off his brain and showed the black hole where they could alter the genetic code. Was his not altered at the time, or was he lying to Pepper?

Finally, I just realized why the new TMNT makes me sad.

When it comes out, the current TV show will probably get cancelled :(
    Probably was just an old scan and not a live feed like he said it was. I imagine part of the reason he looked better and didn't need a cane anymore is because of Extremis.
    Didn't he show off how his brain reacts to pain when she punched him?

It's not a huge deal or anything, I'm just curious if I forgot that he went through the extremis procedure at some point in the movie and I had just forgotten about it.
    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

gotta say Cage deliberately not cursing was a good choice

He curses a bunch in the movie, doesn't he?

not until later in the film
    he starts out with substitute words
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

It is doing really, really well for Nickelodeon. Both in ratings and in merchandise.

I'm terrified of it happening because they'll want to roll out a new series to coincide with the new movie.

I know Nickelodeon is better at this than Disney and Cartoon Network, but I just don't want to see the new TMNT cancelled. It's one of the only cartoons I have left to fulfill my appetite.
    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I think...
    The extra slot wasn't an explanation for how Extremis works but instead for how it could work. Extremis rewrites the code of the brain. Right now they were using it to effect how the parts of the brain related to healing worked and he was explaining that with the ability to rewrite the brain you could just add a part of the brain that does whatever you like.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Was Killiam Extremis'd the entire movie? I ask because when he's with Pepper, he's showing off his brain and showed the black hole where they could alter the genetic code. Was his not altered at the time, or was he lying to Pepper?

Probably was just an old scan and not a live feed like he said it was. I imagine part of the reason he looked better and didn't need a cane anymore is because of Extremis.
    Didn't he show off how his brain reacts to pain when she punched him?

It's not a huge deal or anything, I'm just curious if I forgot that he went through the extremis procedure at some point in the movie and I had just forgotten about it.

Nah it's probably just a plot hole. Scottsman's post makes the most sense. So either that portion was faked, or it's just a plot hole.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Registered User regular
    Can I just say I really hope they never get too close to the comics? If I wanted to read the comics, I would, but when I watch the movies, I wanna watch the movies.

Because 9% think it's too high, and shouldn't be cut! 9% of respondents could not fully
    get their arms around the question. There should be another box you can check for, "I
    have utterly no idea what you're talking about. Please, God, don't ask for my input."
    Nicolas Cage once spent $276,000 on a 67-million-year-old dinosaur skull.

The National Treasure actor - who has been forced to put several of his properties on the market after failing to pay millions of dollars of tax - filed a lawsuit in October claiming Samuel Levin, his former manager led him "down a path of financial ruin".

The 45-year-old American actor - whose films have grossed a collective $3.9 billion - owes $6 million in back taxes from 2007 and it is only now that his extravagant purchases have come to light.

The most bizarre purchase was in 2007 when he outbid 'Titantic' actor Leonardo DiCaprio for a $276,000 skull claimed to be from a prehistoric beast.

He also owns a jet, two yachts, three castles, two islands in the Bahamas and a number of mansions.

His most expensive car - out of a fleet of 50 - was a $495,000 Lamborghini whose former owner was the Shah of Iran.

Cage is a superhero fan - he had to sell his comic collection in 1997 for $1.6 million - and even named his son Kal-El, four, after the Man of Steel.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [

Nickelodeon already renewed it for three seasons. They arent Hasbro so I woukdnt worry about it
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah.Registered User regular
    The villain of IM3 was pretty lame.

But so far Thor has had the only strong villain in the MCU.

So yeah.
    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
    And main henchman guy stole a few scenes himself.
    detail-1.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

This is good news.

I only watched the pilot, but I enjoyed it a whole heck of a lot.
    sarukun on
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular

Yeah, and the cartoon has been really good thus far.

The action is really fun, scenes are always interesting but without resorting to being stupid as hell, the dialogue and expressions are top notch and I always get a good couple laughs out of any episode.

And, surprisingly, it has continued to improve as the season goes on.

The writers/director really seem to know what they're doing, and I've been really impressed at how solid it's been.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    RE: the Mandarin
    The Mandarin wasn't even real. He was funny as fuck, though. Killian was incredibly lame and generic.
    CaptainNemo on
    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
    Zonugal wrote: »

The National Treasure actor - who has been forced to put several of his properties on the market after failing to pay millions of dollars of tax - filed a lawsuit in October claiming Samuel Levin, his former manager led him "down a path of financial ruin".

The 45-year-old American actor - whose films have grossed a collective $3.9 billion - owes $6 million in back taxes from 2007 and it is only now that his extravagant purchases have come to light.

The most bizarre purchase was in 2007 when he outbid 'Titantic' actor Leonardo DiCaprio for a $276,000 skull claimed to be from a prehistoric beast.

He also owns a jet, two yachts, three castles, two islands in the Bahamas and a number of mansions.

His most expensive car - out of a fleet of 50 - was a $495,000 Lamborghini whose former owner was the Shah of Iran.

Cage is a superhero fan - he had to sell his comic collection in 1997 for $1.6 million - and even named his son Kal-El, four, after the Man of Steel.

Jesus CHRIST.
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    Nemo you should mention what part of the movie you're spoiling.

Like "regarding The Mandarin" or something.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    The Mandarin wasn't even real. He was funny as fuck, though. Killian was incredibly lame and generic.
    I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

It was great having Iron Man fight a guy who wasn't just another take on Iron Man. Having him be created by Tony but not actually out for any real vengeance was great too. And his plan was actually pretty creative and clever!

Really my only complaint is that they never really sat down and told us exactly what he was after, but then I'm not sure they really had to.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    so nicolas cage is actually terrible?

good to know
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    so nicolas cage is actually terrible?

good to know
    he's also had domestic violence charges brought against him

i enjoy his movies and insane performances as an actor but i mean

he's not a role model

15Tpj.jpeg
    sarukun wrote: »

Jesus CHRIST.

No, not Jesus Christ.

Nicolas Cage.

I stand corrected.
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    I didn't know about that
    tumblr_mmgxhfWi8X1qcds6zo1_500.jpg
    Fantastic Four #12 - March, 1963

“The Incredible Hulk!”
    Script: Stan Lee
    Pencils: Jack Kirby
    Inks:Dick Ayers
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I love that he's suing his manager for letting him be a dumbass
    PoQ0cUz.jpg

It was great having Iron Man fight a guy who wasn't just another take on Iron Man. Having him be created by Tony but not actually out for any real vengeance was great too. And his plan was actually pretty creative and clever!

Really my only complaint is that they never really sat down and told us exactly what he was after, but then I'm not sure they really had to.
    He was after creating a market for his super-soldier serum. There's really only one line in the movie where he says it, but it was more or less the same plot as Tomorrow Never Dies and Game of Shadows in terms of villain motivation; the ability to start wars at will so he can sell shit to people.
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular

He was after creating a market for his super-soldier serum. There's really only one line in the movie where he says it, but it was more or less the same plot as Tomorrow Never Dies and Game of Shadows in terms of villain motivation; the ability to start wars at will so he can sell shit to people.
    Oh, right. I guess I keep forgetting that having the Vice (soon to be) President in his pocket was a major part of it, because I recall his lines about supply and demand but never put two and two together.
    acblackflag.jpg

Re:The Mandarin
    Killian was the Mandarin and I found him entertaining as fuck. So agree to disagree I guess.
    detail-1.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, IM3 spoilers,
    I still don't get why people say the Mandarin wasn't real/wasn't Killian.

Killian literally tells the viewer he is The Mandarin and Shane Black has outright said he is The Mandarin.

He isn't 616 Mandarin, but he isn't meant to be. He is the MCU Mandarin who is a different character. MCU Thor and Loki are different from the comics, but they are still the same characters.
    edited May 2013

Oh, right. I guess I keep forgetting that having the Vice (soon to be) President in his pocket was a major part of it, because I recall his lines about supply and demand but never put two and two together.

It is definitely not trumpeted from the highest roof-tops, because the real villain in that movie is
    Tony Stark's own insecurities.
    sarukun on

It is definitely not trumpeted from the highest roof-tops, because the real villain in that movie is
    Tony Stark's own insecurities.

Which is fantastic
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular

Err.
    Cash? His plan was to be in position to manipulate both the US and the "terrorists" to produce situations where his extremis formula would sell for boatloads.
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
    Its also easy to read in a larger plot to this
    Mandarin holds the balls of the President he put into office and a terrorist group. He talks about ruling from the Shadows. He's a guy looking for Power for Powers sake do to the powerlessness he felt when he was younger.

Not terribly original but it works fine.
    detail-1.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Yeah, IM3 spoilers,
    I still don't get why people say the Mandarin wasn't real/wasn't Killian.

Killian literally tells the viewer he is The Mandarin and Shane Black has outright said he is The Mandarin.

He isn't 616 Mandarin, but he isn't meant to be. He is the MCU Mandarin who is a different character. MCU Thor and Loki are different from the comics, but they are still the same characters.

Yeah, re: that whole thing
    I was a pretty firm "we didn't get "The Mandarin" even after he says he is, until someone pointed out that Shane Black said he was. Word of god, and all.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Its also easy to read in a larger plot to this
    Mandarin holds the balls of the President he put into office and a terrorist group. He talks about ruling from the Shadows. He's a guy looking for Power for Powers sake do to the powerlessness he felt when he was younger.

Not terribly original but it works fine.

This is a good point, too.

Err.
    Cash? His plan was to be in position to manipulate both the US and the "terrorists" to produce situations where his extremis formula would sell for boatloads.

You don't
    Make a man President just to sell a bit of money. Obviously furthering AIM's goals was part of it but the long term plan was likely "be the guy who secretly rules the world".
    detail-1.jpg