Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Probably watch that movie just because Simon Pegg seems like a swell guy.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

This works for pretty much every Simon Pegg movie
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Hooray, EMH season 2 is appearing back on ABC iView (local streaming service) so I can catch up on the episodes I missed, which were all the episodes before Ms Marvel becomes an official team member.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Alright guys

I'm going to a superhero themed party on Friday and costumes are required, on top of that there is a "who is the best superhero" contest where you have to give 3 reasons to a panel of, probably wasted, judges of why your superhero is the best. If you are part of the 3 finalists, you get one counter-argument against the others.

What is a good, pretty cheap(like 40 dollars absolute max) costume I could make in the next 3 days?

I'm super skinny and like 6'2 and have curly hair and am white as hell

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Ambush Bug.
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    That isn't an easy costume!
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Go as...

Patrick Klepek

0HQXTnK.jpg
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    I just saw this!

It was exactly as good as everyone said it was!
    The twist was a little odd, and it'll be a shame to (probably) not get a real Mandarin in the movies, but it was pretty well done, so it gets a pass.

More thoughts later!

Well
    Guy Pearce was the Mandarin.

No.
    Guy Pearce calls himself the Mandarin. So does Trevor. Neither really are The Mandarin from the comics. It's just the name. The application of the character is so far off from the comicbook character that it's really quite fair to say, "No that wasn't really the real Mandarin."
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    That isn't an easy costume!

sure it is, the main part's already done for you!

41vLF01anRL._SY445_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Green-MAN-Costume-Greenman-standard/dp/B002P9KFXQ
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    don't you nerd up green man blank i swear to god
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    I will not go as green man

A) green man is sacred

B) no one needs to see my skiny ass in spandex

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Go as...

Patrick Klepek

0HQXTnK.jpg
    As @Pharezon has noted I am basically Patrick's evil double

Like it is uncanny when I fro it up
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing hot hot hot hot stayin' alive stayin' aliveRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I just saw this!

The twist was a little odd, and it'll be a shame to (probably) not get a real Mandarin in the movies, but it was pretty well done, so it gets a pass.

More thoughts later!

Well

No.
    Guy Pearce calls himself the Mandarin. So does Trevor. Neither really are The Mandarin from the comics. It's just the name. The application of the character is so far off from the comicbook character that it's really quite fair to say, "No that wasn't really the real Mandarin."

No.
    He is the Mandarin of Earth-199999.
    daft1sig.gif
    I just saw this!

More thoughts later!

Well

No.
    The director and writer has explicitly said Killian is the Mandarin.
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Blank

Go as
    The Mandarin
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Blank

Go as
    The Mandarin

No. Go as
    Trevor
    2MyOx.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Ooh, go as Goku
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    Alright guys

I'm going to a superhero themed party on Friday and costumes are required, on top of that there is a "who is the best superhero" contest where you have to give 3 reasons to a panel of, probably wasted, judges of why your superhero is the best. If you are part of the 3 finalists, you get one counter-argument against the others.

What is a good, pretty cheap(like 40 dollars absolute max) costume I could make in the next 3 days?

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Just throw together some bullshit costume, dye your hair red, and call yourself Super Ginger.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Blank go as

Agumon
    daft2.gif
  • BuchoBucho Women sense my power Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Dragkonias wrote: »

This works for pretty much every Simon Pegg movie

You'd think that, except for the fact that FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR HOW TO LOSE FRIENDS AND ALIENATE PEOPLE!!!

Oh ...

Sorry about that you guys ...

I don't know what came over me ...

I guess Tony Stark's not the only one around here suffering from PTSD.
    Bucho on
    "yo are y'all havin a good ol-fashioned MERMAID FIGHT in here" - World as Myth
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    Alright guys

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Go with me here.

Plastic Man...
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Alright guys

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Go with me here.

Elongated Man...

hawkeyesig.jpg
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Go as Bruce Banner. Purple sweatpants. Done.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Go as 52 elongated man. Pretend to be a messed up drunk all night gathering info on people then when you go up you sober up and sl everybody with your awesome detective mamajama.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    go as peter parker, wear some glasses
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    or even better go as Clark Kent and keep bumping into things and "accidentally" almost saying that you're superman, have a superman shirt underneath your button up that you keep opening
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    balaclava, 9mm

bam, you're Green Lantern
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Look, you want to win a 'superhero' contest at a party full of drunk people, it is easy

Buy a cape, and fill two super soakers up with rum or something

Go as alcohol man
    images.jpg
    You mean Duff Man right?

Alcohol man is just made up nonsense.
    Alcohol man is copyright king riptor inc.
    Plastic Man: Oh god, god no. No one should see me in a singlet.

Elongated Man: I actually think that sounds dope but I can't grow enough of a shame beard.

Peter Parker: A definite possibility.

Clark Kent: Roommate is already doing it, and the other is Wolverine.
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Blank go as

Agumon
    MY EMOTIONS
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I just saw this!

More thoughts later!

Well

No.

No.
    He is the Mandarin of Earth-199999.

Actually, yeah
    After I posted that I had been thinking about it, and that was the conclusion that I came to. So I guess I'm sad we won't see more of Killian screwing with Tony Stark in a more active role.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Registered User regular
    Get some sunglasses with red lenses
    Civilian Scott Summers is more recognizable than Peter Parker or Clark Kent
    avengers_sig.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | last.fm
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Also am I reading into this correctly?

(Iron Man 3 spoilers)
    Has Killian been responsible for Tony's misery since the first one? If the Ten Rings was a creation of AIM, then that means that AIM is who kidnapped Tony in the first movie, and that they supplied Vanko with supplies in the second.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Look at the faces. Listen to the bells. It's hard to believe we need a place called hell.Registered User regular
    Find a stuffed cat, go as arsenal.

Or find a stuffed dog, go as Dogwelder.
    watchman25ia7ku.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So that new Michael Bay produced TMNT movie is filming right now. They have reportedly ditched the old script that had the turtles as aliens and what have you and are now taking inspiration from the 80s cartoon. Here's a pic of Megan Fox as April. That's Will Arnett in the background as Vernon. Remember him?

eW2eRBl.jpg
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Alright guys

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Go with me here.

Plastic Man...

Blank i got it.

Now stay with me here.

Go as Norman Osborn.

The Hero of the Secret Invasion.
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    re: TMNT

I'm going to watch the progress of this movie the same way I look at a car wreck: Out of the corner of my eye, all the while telling myself to look away before I see something I don't want to see.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    So that new Michael Bay produced TMNT movie is filming right now. They have reportedly ditched the old script that had the turtles as aliens and what have you and are now taking inspiration from the 80s cartoon. Here's a pic of Megan Fox as April. That's Will Arnett in the background as Vernon. Remember him?

eW2eRBl.jpg

Someone give me some hope. Has Megan Fox ever been in anything where she wasn't terrible?
    If she's 80's April then all she needs are a rack and the ability to ignore common sense and get captured every five seconds.

So she should be fine.