Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I don't want to see doctor doom in the MCU unless they get the fantastic four as well

it just doesn't make sense to me
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tox wrote: »
    RDJ and Marvel fail to reach a deal.

Avengers 2 goes out featuring War Machine instead of Iron Man.

War Machine gets his own movie, they recast Tony Stark.

WM movie does well, nobody likes newStark, he gets the axe, Disney ponies up $$$ for RDJ

Avengers 3 has RDJ as Tony. Every time Tony enters a scene, cue random cast member looking at him incredulously.

"Where've you been?"

Or the new Stark is well liked by the public. Downey Jr. retires to the Bahamas with his fuck you money.

I have a theory that a super villain has strapped a bomb on Harry and he has to pimp the idea of recasting RDJ in every post he makes or it goes off.

Harry if you're in danger blink twice!

Wait
    nightmarenny on
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    I don't want to see doctor doom in the MCU unless they get the fantastic four as well

Yes, agreed

Though if our only option to see a cool Doctor Doom is for Marvel to get him and not the FF

Then I think we might have to bite that bullet
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    screw an FF movie

we need a DOOM movie where the FF happen to be the antagonists
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Hey guys, before we complain about stars getting obscene amounts of money, just remember that someone will be getting that profit money, and if it isn't the actors, it's most likely the studio.

The studio earning a profit on a film isn't inherently bad.

Yeah, that's... kind of why they dump all that money into having movies made in the first place.

They're not doing it for charity.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Personally I respect business models and big money-making, assuming they aren't doing it off the misfortune of others (like underpaid manufacturers, shitty work environments, etc).

That being said, it's rare to see those, but they do exist.
    s5DoctorFezSunSig.png?t=1306367580.png
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    I guess I'd rather see Marvel experimenting with other types of stories before doing a prequel to an already established hero.

Films like:
    Heroes for Hire.
    The Black Panther.
    Daredevil/Punisher.
    Alpha Flight.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal One girl... I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.Registered User regular
    If Marvel did a prequel films I'd like it if they maybe did it revolving around Kang the Conqueror.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    kang the conqueror is actually their secret "we need to recast all these actors" weapon

just pull a star trek thing out
    edited May 2013
    But seriously, where is my Alpha Flight movie?
    Zonugal on
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    I'd hate to see Marvel do a sequel just to cash in.

If you do a sequel do it for a good reason.

You're talking about an industry that has been continuously producing serialized narratives for over sixty years.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-cliffhanger-robert-downey-jrs-518837
    Marvel has a writing program it uses as a concept generator and has scripts for Blade and Ms. Marvel features, for example. Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways are other projects on the horizon.
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    on the one hand i'm disappointed i read that link as cliffjumper instead of cliffhanger on the other hand oh my god those scripts
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    RDJ and Marvel fail to reach a deal.

Avengers 2 goes out featuring War Machine instead of Iron Man.

War Machine gets his own movie, they recast Tony Stark.

WM movie does well, nobody likes newStark, he gets the axe, Disney ponies up $$$ for RDJ

Avengers 3 has RDJ as Tony. Every time Tony enters a scene, cue random cast member looking at him incredulously.

"Where've you been?"

Or the new Stark is well liked by the public. Downey Jr. retires to the Bahamas with his fuck you money.

I have a theory that a super villain has strapped a bomb on Harry and he has to pimp the idea of recasting RDJ in every post he makes or it goes off.

Harry if you're in danger blink twice!

Wait

:lol:
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    I would pay double ticket price to see every single one of those movies
    daft2.gif
    the only one of those movies I would think about skipping would be blade because blade II already exists and I could just watch that instead
    I'd hate to see Marvel do a sequel just to cash in.

If you do a sequel do it for a good reason.

You're talking about an industry that has been continuously producing serialized narratives for over sixty years.

Sorry, my mistakes.

Meant prequel up above regarding Marvel film studio.
    garland_greene_sig.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    But seriously, where is my Alpha Flight movie?

:mrgreen:
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-cliffhanger-robert-downey-jrs-518837
    Marvel has a writing program it uses as a concept generator and has scripts for Blade and Ms. Marvel features, for example. Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways are other projects on the horizon.

Runaways...yay.

But...just volume 1.

Also, child actors suck usually so whoever they get to play Molly will probably be bad.

Oh well, Runaways yay!
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if those scripts are recent or not

cause they had reports of Runaways, Black Panther and Iron Fist for a while before the MCU took off.

• Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I would dig a Thor prequel set entirely in Asgard and the other more mystical realms

Thor prequel set with Thor and Loki attending Asgardian Undergrad.
    "Advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
    "Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process."
    Imagine all of my posts being spoken by Alec Baldwin
    GamerTag: MunkusBeaver ||||| Steam: munkus

Doom would make a good SHIELD villain.
    Yeah. That's what I'm wondering too.

Because I know there were a lot of talk about projects that never surfaced while Phase 1 was going on.

Not to mention you have to take into account that a lot of movies can get caught in script-writing hell and never even reach production.
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    I just saw this!

It was exactly as good as everyone said it was!
    The twist was a little odd, and it'll be a shame to (probably) not get a real Mandarin in the movies, but it was pretty well done, so it gets a pass.

More thoughts later!
    acblackflag.jpg
    I just saw this!

It was exactly as good as everyone said it was!
    The twist was a little odd, and it'll be a shame to (probably) not get a real Mandarin in the movies, but it was pretty well done, so it gets a pass.

More thoughts later!

Well
    Guy Pearce was the Mandarin.

And by the end, he really had become The Mandarin as he had stopped using the Mandarin as an excuse to cover-up his mistakes and fuel his War Machine and began taking an active role.

The attack on Stark is what created the Mandarin.

So basically, Stark created the Mandarin in about three or four different ways!

But he wasn't a pussy about it.
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu Registered User regular
    So speaking of Phase 3 and Ant-Man...

...here's the first trailer for The World's End: http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/exclusive-the-world-s-end-trailer/2t5faj5e
    steam_sig-400.png
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Alright guys

I'm going to a superhero themed party on Friday and costumes are required, on top of that there is a "who is the best superhero" contest where you have to give 3 reasons to a panel of, probably wasted, judges of why your superhero is the best. If you are part of the 3 finalists, you get one counter-argument against the others.

What is a good, pretty cheap(like 40 dollars absolute max) costume I could make in the next 3 days?

I'm super skinny and like 6'2 and have curly hair and am white as hell

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    the animation on it is really shitty, but the teenage tony cartoon is actually written pretty well.

Armoured Adventures had some issues with its animation but I grew to like it, and I love the show itself.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Runaways is a movie I really want

Like, more than any other Marvel movie currently officially in the pipeline
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Alright guys

I'm going to a superhero themed party on Friday and costumes are required, on top of that there is a "who is the best superhero" contest where you have to give 3 reasons to a panel of, probably wasted, judges of why your superhero is the best. If you are part of the 3 finalists, you get one counter-argument against the others.

What is a good, pretty cheap(like 40 dollars absolute max) costume I could make in the next 3 days?

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Stilt-man.

He's a hero in my eyes.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I keep mixing up The World's End and This is the End

I mean, either title could fit the James Franco/Seth Rogen one
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Alright guys

HELP ME OUT NERDFRIENDS

Get a white wig, some fake boobies and a sword. Easy Lady Death costume, you'll win all the money and get all the digits.
    get a toy light up chest piece at wal mart, put on a nice shirt, and go as tony stark

alternately go as the amazing bag man
    get a toy light up chest piece at wal mart, put on a nice shirt, and go as tony stark

alternately go as the amazing bag man
    Already did a Tony Stark a year or two ago. Worked out real well because I have that chest dent thing so the arc reactor went right where it was supposed to.

And there will probably be like 20 Starks there.

Bag Man is a hilarious option.
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Jumpsuit and a labcoat with lots of pockets.

Go as HANK PYM, SCIENTIST.
    2MyOx.png
    That The World's End trailer ended on the best way possible.
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Jumpsuit and a labcoat with lots of pockets.

Go as HANK PYM, SCIENTIST.

Bonus points if you bring a date and punch her in the face.