Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mini-Phalla] of Brass: The Philosopher Kings (God Save The Queen: Cultist/Templar Win)

• ObiFettObiFett Phalla Bounty Hunter Seeking ContractsRegistered User regular
    There are no debates on Day 1.

We propose debates today. The actual debating on the two most supported proposed debates will happen tomorrow.
    Phalla Bounty Board coming soon...
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    Oh, right. I keep getting mixed up with how that works. Carry on.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    There are no debates on Day 1.

the initial challenge is happening today. There are no debates because we have to vote on which debates to have.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I saw that rule, but not sure it makes the game unwinnable for the cultists. Just makes it REALLY hard for them to win.
    I think it would also run afoul of "-Philosophy does not discriminate: powers must have the same effect on all targets," unless everybody was required to post they're a cultist, but that would defeat the purpose.
    you could fix that by having them have to state their true role, so villagers have to say they are villagers and mafia have to say that they are mafia.

Still, unless they have a super mafia power of beating the vote, forcing the mafia to publicly and unerringly outing themselves makes it impossible. I mean, in the event that we then all just go inactive and don't vote, yes they could win, but it is practically impossible.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • PhyphorPhyphor Registered User regular
    No thralls, millers or conversions, so no cultists either
    Phyphor wrote: »
    No thralls, millers or conversions, so no cultists either

the mafia are a cult, that is what he means.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    also

"for now"
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    Ah, right
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Despair. Registered User regular
    I think I'll get this out of the way nice and early.

I am a neutral. To win, I need to collect information from every living player in the game - that is, each player must PM me their role name, faction and win condition. I will not, under any circumstance, disclose the information I receive; I gain nothing from doing so. Once I have everyone's info, I will leave the game in victory.

tl;dr PM me your role infos so I can win.
    steam_sig.png
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    The trick is to give everyone the same advantage, but something that not everyone would find useful.
    I propose every player gains the power of a seer, and challenge vertroue to prove otherwise.
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

I am a neutral. To win, I need to collect information from every living player in the game - that is, each player must PM me their role name, faction and win condition. I will not, under any circumstance, disclose the information I receive; I gain nothing from doing so. Once I have everyone's info, I will leave the game in victory.

Question.

How would that benefit us?
    Oh and, while I'm waiting, I guess I'll just leave this here:

I propose that all players are to acknowledge me as the God-Emperor of the Universe and All Things and obey my every whim. I challenge kime to prove otherwise.
    steam_sig.png

lol inantp
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    I propose that everyone receive a pistol (with the safety off) that may be publicly fired at anyone, killing them. I challenge Langly to prove otherwise
    Megafrost wrote: »

Question.

How would that benefit us?
    I'm sure you can think of something. 8->
    steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades I am the SwarmRegistered User regular
    I dunno, TA, I'm not feeling like I want to help. Sell it to me more.
  • KetBraKetBra shut up and jamRegistered User regular
    I propose that mafia faction not be able to convert any other players. I challenge Retaba to prove otherwise.
    yA895.png
    kime wrote: »
    Imagine, if you will, the largest cake possible.

If you support me, you can order everyone beneath us to bake, just for you, an even bigger cake.
    steam_sig.png
    I propose that everyone receive a pistol (with the safety off) that may be publicly fired at anyone, killing them. I challenge Langly to prove otherwise

Support
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Which side won Ender's phalla?
    The bad guys
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    Also, Phyphor
    I propose that the perpetrators of any murders shall be revealed in narration. It shall not be ambiguous which perpetrator committed which murder.

I challenge kime to prove otherwise.

That phalla? I did. Just me
    Langly wrote: »

Support

Luckily this rule practically guarantees mafia victory and therefore should be excluded.

/glare
    MrTLicious wrote: »

Support

Luckily this rule practically guarantees mafia victory and therefore should be excluded.

/glare

I am challenged in the debate, meaning I cannot collude to throw the match.

Logically, I am supporting this debate because I can win it.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    And wasting the village's potential rule-change.

Support

/glare

Not if the pistol is one-shot!
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I propose that dead players gain the ability to communicate with one living player, chosen at random, every day, and challenge Megafrost to prove otherwise
    Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl MemphisRegistered User regular
    I propose that all arguments are to be made by both opponents in the form of a rap battle, and I challenge Zombie Hero to prove otherwise.
    8727254796_67927ca027_o.jpg
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl MemphisRegistered User regular
    TRV, if you support my proposal, I will totally support yours. Then we can rap battle it out tomorrow.
    8727254796_67927ca027_o.jpg
    And wasting the village's potential rule-change.

But I wanna wiiiin
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I propose that all arguments are to be made by both opponents in the form of a rap battle, and I challenge Zombie Hero to prove otherwise.

52263d1320779832-get-your-jelly-bean-now-vg20948_second-scruffy-futurama.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I propose that everyone receive a pistol (with the safety off) that may be publicly fired at anyone, killing them. I challenge Langly to prove otherwise[/color]

This is a good idea. I'm glad others are getting behind it
    TheRoadVirus on
    edited May 2013
    Apparently, Geth does not like image macros.

EDIT: OH GOD
    The Anonymous on
    steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades I am the SwarmRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Imagine, if you will, the largest cake possible.

If you support me, you can order everyone beneath us to bake, just for you, an even bigger cake.

Ooooo, now that is tempting
    I propose that the perpetrators of any murders shall be revealed in narration. It shall not be ambiguous which perpetrator committed which murder.

I challenge kime to prove otherwise.

Muahahahahahahaha

Support
    SLyM wrote: »
    I propose that dead players gain the ability to communicate with one living player, chosen at random, every day, and challenge Megafrost to prove otherwise

Support
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I think you only get to support 1 thing
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited May 2013
    SLyM wrote: »

Sylvia Browne is a douche canoe
    TheRoadVirus on