Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mini-Phalla] of Brass: The Philosopher Kings (God Save The Queen: Cultist/Templar Win)

• GizzyGizzy <- girl MemphisRegistered User regular
    TRV - I think your proposal may not fly due to:

-Philosophy does not discriminate: powers must have the same effect on all targets.
    8727254796_67927ca027_o.jpg
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl MemphisRegistered User regular
    Are proposals limited to one idea? Or can we have multiple rule/role changes together in one proposal document?
    8727254796_67927ca027_o.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Distinguished faculty, students, honoured guests. Have we learned nothing from the last game? The host gives us a wish. What do we do with that wish? We wish for more wishes

All proposals with at least 4 supporters that would otherwise be ineligible for debating, are now considered eligible; there is no limit to the number of debates
    Why not cut out the middle man and go right to "All supported proposal that would be otherwise ineligible for debating are not considered eligible; there is no limit to the number of debates"?
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    TRV - I think your proposal may not fly due to:

-Philosophy does not discriminate: powers must have the same effect on all targets.

Crap, you're right.

I propose that 4 random living players be action seered every night. Those who are action seered cannot be targeted by the random action seer again until a day has passed. The second ruling will be ignored if the number of players is low enough to where there must be repeats to meet the demands of the rule. I challenge @Gizzy to argue otherwise.
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I propose that dead players gain the ability to communicate with one living player, chosen at random, every day, and challenge Megafrost to prove otherwise
    I like this one a lot, but I worry that it will disqualified on the grounds that, as the game goes on, it will become quite time-consuming for the host to assign pen pals to the dead.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I propose that dead players gain the ability to communicate with one living player, chosen at random, every day, and challenge Megafrost to prove otherwise
    I like this one a lot, but I worry that it will disqualified on the grounds that, as the game goes on, it will become quite time-consuming for the host to assign pen pals to the dead.

Not that difficult. There is a living player list, just use ceiling(N*unif()) for each dead player. Where N is the number of living players and unif() is a random (0,1) uniform number.
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius
  • ObiFettObiFett Phalla Bounty Hunter Seeking ContractsRegistered User regular
    Distinguished faculty, students, honoured guests. Have we learned nothing from the last game? The host gives us a wish. What do we do with that wish? We wish for more wishes

All proposals with at least 4 supporters that would otherwise be ineligible for debating, are now considered eligible; there is no limit to the number of debates

Support
    Phalla Bounty Board coming soon...
    Although, Phyphor you need to challenge someone to debate you on that one
    Oh, and Zonugal
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

Also, talking to the dead in and of itself doesn't help much, does it?

And I think adding more debates, as Phyphor proposes, would be a lot more time consuming for the host.
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    this is his third game

Ahhh. First game with me!

Welcome Lockeout!

Remember rule #1: always trust kime

Thanks!
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    Lockeout wrote: »

Depends on who the dead person is.
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
  • PhyphorPhyphor Registered User regular
    Right

All proposals with at least 4 supporters that would otherwise be ineligible for debating, are now considered eligiblethere is no limit to the number of debates. I challenge Invictus to prove otherwise
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular

And I think adding more debates, as Phyphor proposes, would be a lot more time consuming for the host.

I mean, say the dead person is a seer who has seered a mafia but hasn't told anyone yet because he doesn't have a mouthpiece. That person has a lot to say.

Or a vig who shot someone and they didn't die, and he dies the same night. That's interesting.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Right

All proposals with at least 4 supporters that would otherwise be ineligible for debating, are now considered eligiblet; here is no limit to the number of debates. I challenge Invictus to prove otherwise
    Support
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

Depends on who the dead person is.

I'd say it depends a lot more on who the live person is.
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. This is especially important
    kime wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    this is his third game

Ahhh. First game with me!

Welcome Lockeout!

Remember rule #1: always trust kime

Thanks!

Rule #2: Never trust Kime.
    Picture this scenario.

1. Seer targets a mafia, dies before they can share the news.
    2. Seer talks to Player A, exposing them as mafia
    3. Player A does nothing with the news
    4. Next day, seer talks to player B, with seer information AND info on Player A

or

1. Player C dies.
    2. Player C randomly talks to a special, Player D. (remember that Player C is confirmed at this point, unless they are a death thrall)
    3. next day, Player C talks to Player E, possibly letting Player E be the mouthpiece for the special player D.

Interesting stuff

Support

If I was the host I would rule that as one-way communication: dead to living. That would break your second scenario as D can't tell C he's a special (or anything)
    Ah, that is up to interpretation. So the rule could use a little cleaning up, but i think it would make for an unique game.
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Why is the players chosen at random and not the dead players choice. Guess I'm missing why that's an advantage or why the clause is necessary to fit in with the rules.
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Can we just click the agree button on the proposal we like more? I hate having to look back to find a post and quote it with my phone.

Also TheRoadVirus because you are a bro.
    That's true, they should just make it player's choice. Ghost Rule Amended:

I propose that dead players gain the ability to send and receive messages to a single player of their choice. The dead player may choose a different person each day. I challenge Grunt's Ghosts to prove otherwise.

This is SlyM's idea, so if he wants to renominate so he gets to argue for it, then abdicating my own nomination would be the right thing to do.
    I still like my Geth fueled killing rule.
    Am I to make my point tomorrow?
    Am I to make my point tomorrow?

Only if this is the debate that gets the most support.
    I have a good agreement against it. Lets do this.
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    Declaration: To assert that this unit does not feel resentment, it will tender a vote forGrunt's Ghosts
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Fools.Registered User regular
    The trick is to give everyone the same advantage, but something that not everyone would find useful.
    I propose every player gains the power of a seer, and challenge vertroue to prove otherwise.

I will totally take this.support[/ ]
    Blood and Fire
    jdarksun wrote: »

Why not cut out the middle man and go right to "All supported proposal that would be otherwise ineligible for debating are not considered eligible; there is no limit to the number of debates"?

So any mafia-friendly proposal doesn't just require one person to out themselves
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Fools.Registered User regular
    jdark... because.
    Blood and Fire
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    That's true, they should just make it player's choice. Ghost Rule Amended:

I propose that dead players gain the ability to send and receive messages to a single player of their choice. The dead player may choose a different person each day. I challenge Grunt's Ghosts to prove otherwise.

This is SlyM's idea, so if he wants to renominate so he gets to argue for it, then abdicating my own nomination would be the right thing to do.

Support

I can see nothing wrong with raising ghosts of the dead.
    He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I am willing to change my vote if you RP your avatar harder.
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Void Slayer didn't sign up for my main and I don't want to tip my hand one way or the other.

Just be aware, there will be a host to player grudge that emerges from my game.
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    This is getting a bit technical, but the communication rule might be disqualified on the grounds that living players are affected differently than dead players.
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My rule was made with the intention of it being 2-way communication but I guess that wasn't completely clear. and random because I think it's funnier that way
    Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    This is getting a bit technical, but the communication rule might be disqualified on the grounds that living players are affected differently than dead players.

All player's are treated the same, as long as they meet certain conditions.

SLyM, if you want to amend\re-state your rule with two way clarification and random communication, you'll have my support. Then i could go back to geth day kills.
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »

All player's are treated the same, as long as they meet certain conditions.

Same could be said of a rule like:

All players that have a victory condition of outnumbering the village shall have their identities announced in narration.