Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Mini-Phalla] of Brass: The Philosopher Kings (God Save The Queen: Cultist/Templar Win)

• I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    Please note:
    If a player Supports a debate, their Support for all former debates is withdrawn.
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl MemphisRegistered User regular
    Each time you support something, I think it cancels out your last support.
    8727254796_67927ca027_o.jpg
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I propose that, for the first post each day that geth awesomes or agrees, that player gets a free vig use that can be used immediately. I challenge gizzy to prove otherwise.
    Xbox Live: Pastalonius
    I propose that the mafia's votes count for nothing. They must win the game on the merits of their manipulation skills and infiltration. I challenge Gizzy to argue otherwise.

Support

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    ^violates the rule that all rules must apply to everyone
    edited May 2013
    In case anyone was curious, here's some probability distributions for who is alive after one round of Phyphor's pistol plan (assumptions are that mafia guarantee vote kills a non-mafia, mafia get 1 kill, everyone fires except vote winner edit: and 5 mafia, no village coordination). Short axis is mafia still alive, longer axis is villagers.

40% chance that the ratio is 5:1 or better.
    8wM3P9y.jpg

hw6ibPs.jpg
    MrTLicious on
    I'm starting to think there might be a village strategy where that gives us pretty good odds.
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I propose that dead players gain the ability to communicate with one living player, chosen at random, every day, and challenge Megafrost to prove otherwise

Support
  • PhyphorPhyphor Registered User regular
    Your calculations don't adjust for 24 players shooting Kime

That's alright, it's kime. He's probably immune
  • kimekime Queen of Blades I am the SwarmRegistered User regular
    Well hey, what can I say? :)
    I WILL DEVOUR YOU ALL
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I propose that there be a vote each day in blue to seer someone publicly. I challenge Zombie Hero to prove otherwise.

Not sure exactly who to vote for so... Retaba
    He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I propose that there be a vote each day in blue to seer someone publicly. I challenge Zombie Hero to prove otherwise.
    He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I believe that kime should be vig immune. Because he is totally mafia. Id like kime to agrue against me.
    TRV - You could change the wording on yours to make it work - like if you wrote something like:
    "I propose that anyone who posts on a proboards votes count for nothing." That way it does technically apply to all as anyone can create a proboards, but at the same time specifically nails the mafia.
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Statement: Someone at this one's workplace is gassy. This unit disapproves. Removing safety from stunlazers
    TheRoadVirus on
  • TheRoadVirusTheRoadVirus Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off.Registered User regular
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

Support

If a proposed rule that is ineligible to be enacted gains the most support, will the next in order of support be debated, or does the debate become a purely academic exercise?
    edited May 2013
    I believe that kime should be vig immune. Because he is totally mafia. Id like kime to agrue against me.

Supporrttttttt
    kime on
    Gizzy wrote: »
    TRV - You could change the wording on yours to make it work - like if you wrote something like:
    "I propose that anyone who posts on a proboards votes count for nothing." That way it does technically apply to all as anyone can create a proboards, but at the same time specifically nails the mafia.

Eh. It wouldn't "nail" the mafia, they'd just have to communicate via PMs, which would be annoying, sure, but not game-changing.
    kime wrote: »

Supporrttttttt

But see now you have to argue as to why you shouldn't be those things
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Supporrttttttt

But see now you have to argue as to why you shouldn't be those things

So that we get something masquerading as a fair chance, obviously.
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

Support
  • RetabaRetaba Rintaro Okabe Mad ScientistRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I propose that mafia faction not be able to convert any other players. I challenge Retaba to prove otherwise.

If the mafia have that capability, then they have been weakened otherwise to make allowance for it, this must not be allowed to effect the balance of the game. The mafia can't lose something without gaining something so they will not lose anything. Anyways it is known they already can't so this is silly.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    we should anticipate that rules that will overwhelmingly help the village will have their debaters targeted by the mafia. Since the rules require, you know, a debate, all the mafia has to do is kill the person who submits the rule and the debate cannot happen.
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    Retaba wrote: »
    I propose that mafia faction not be able to convert any other players. I challenge Retaba to prove otherwise.

If the mafia have that capability, then they have been weakened otherwise to make allowance for it, this must not be allowed to effect the balance of the game. The mafia can't lose something without gaining something so they will not lose anything. Anyways it is known they already can't so this is silly.
    Some things are set in stone. The following subjects cannot be changed by the power of Philosophy, no matter how hoarse the debaters may grow.
    -All entities are certain of themselves: victory conditions may not be changed. There can be no peace.

Langly wrote: »
    we should anticipate that rules that will overwhelmingly help the village will have their debaters targeted by the mafia. Since the rules require, you know, a debate, all the mafia has to do is kill the person who submits the rule and the debate cannot happen.
    In the event that a player dies before they can debate, the University will choose a suitable replacement.
    edited May 2013

Well, we should NOT because of the above, clearly.
    Retaba on
    I support the Everyone gains a seer ability debate.
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I support the Everyone gains a seer ability debate.
    There is no such debate. Do you mean Void Slayer's 'create a vote that publicly seers someone' debate?
    Lockeout wrote: »
    The trick is to give everyone the same advantage, but something that not everyone would find useful.
    I propose every player gains the power of a seer, and challenge vertroue to prove otherwise.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Ah; good. no idea how I missed that.
    MrTLicious wrote: »

Some things are set in stone. The following subjects cannot be changed by the power of Philosophy, no matter how hoarse the debaters may grow.
    -All entities are certain of themselves: victory conditions may not be changed. There can be no peace.

In the event that a player dies before they can debate, the University will choose a suitable replacement.

oh good ok nevermind
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Spreadsheet. Considering how best to do debate proposals and supports.
    this is his third game
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I propose that all players that voted for the player who wins the daily red vote on the day they are voted out have their alignment revealed in the narration. I challenge ObiFett to prove otherwise.

Might be considered too powerful, but we should figure out where that line is drawn sooner rather than later.
  • PhyphorPhyphor Registered User regular
    Distinguished faculty, students, honoured guests. Have we learned nothing from the last game? The host gives us a wish. What do we do with that wish? We wish for more wishes

All proposals with at least 4 supporters that would otherwise be ineligible for debating, are now considered eligible; there is no limit to the number of debates
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Totes not mafia, guys Oh shit, an awlRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Spreadsheet. Considering how best to do debate proposals and supports.
    You're back!
    <3<3<3
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
    this is his third game

Ahhh. First game with me!

Welcome Lockeout!

Remember rule #1: always trust kime