Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Fuck you gen X. I thought we had a thing. You watched Thundercats and got to ride the big bike, we got to use the Nintendo before you got up on Saturday. This is betrayal.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I was reading an X-Men comic last night and I came across this system of body-taxes an alien race called the Shi'ar has. The female citizens don't have to pay taxes to the alien empire provided they donate some of their fertile eggs to be used to grow soldiers in vitro.

What do you say, ladies? Would you give up your eggs to avoid taxes?

I'd give up my eggs to avoid student loans.

This is already a thing you can do, isn't it?

Make mad cash selling eggs, I mean

I'd need to know if it's per batch or per egg. If it's $4k per egg, HELL YEAH I'M THERE.

Per extraction.
    It can have some pretty bad complications though.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Like clockwork.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i bet i could eat fifty eggs

human caviar
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Like, how much do they take and do they at least leave me some so I can have kids of my own.

They take it all, and will sue you for copyright infringement if you procreate afterwards somehow.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    I ate lunch. It made me feel better after it initially made me feel worse. Thank you mac n cheese, the cure to all hangovers
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    So campaign years make folk hate everyone. Except us millennials in this last election.

Good to know.

No, during the 2004 election Gay Marriage was inexplicably a campaign issue.

How? Kerry didn't want gay marriage. Bush really didn't want gay marriage.

Gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts in 2004. It was very much associated with the Dems, even if Kerry himself wasn't in favor.

In 2004 Bush used gay marriage as a wedge among black Christian voters to peel off a few points from a traditional Democratic bloc.

I submit that we don't have exit polls precise enough to measure the effect of those referenda on black conservative Christian Democrats. And I'm pretty sure they were aimed at boosting evangelical white turnout in Ohio and such anyway. Republicans haven't tried to appeal to black voters since Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. promised that Nixon would put one in the cabinet.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Man the battery life of my phone is da bes. I've been on the Internet for like 3 hours and I'm at 80%
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    My eggs are shitty cause my genetics are shitty :C
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I looked into donating once a long time ago, because...well, I'm already doing it for free, might as well get paid for it.

There are all kinds of restrictions and things you need to do on your own / at your own cost, all kinds of disqualifiers, and the money isn't that good.

Unless you are like some astronaut model doctor, it's just not worth the trouble.

But it was never about the money, it was about doing something I loved.

As an astronaut model doctor, where do I apply?
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BEAST! wrote: »
    I ate lunch. It made me feel better after it initially made me feel worse. Thank you mac n cheese, the cure to all hangovers

I want to do another boozey picnic in June, but next time maybe sangria. It takes effort to get shithammered off sangria.
    Deebaser on
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

High five poor genetics buddy!

cass roe on toast points ..... $10.99
    I would make eggs in a basket with human eggs but I bet they'd taste weird.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Man the battery life of my phone is da bes. I've been on the Internet for like 3 hours and I'm at 80%

Must be nice. I take one good dump at work, and my phone's <10% before I go to bed.
    steam_sig.png
    BEAST! wrote: »

I want to do another boozey picnic in June, but next time maybe sangria. It takes effort to get shithammered off sangria.

it depends on your recipe

mine calls for triple sec and brandy
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    RCMP were called to Eden North around 7:30 p.m. Saturday when it was reported that John Scott, an instructor at the parachute school, had been found unresponsive on the ground following a jump.

Paramedics resuscitated Scott at the scene before taking him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

It was unclear whether Scott's chute was working properly, because there were a number of jumps happening at the same time, said RCMP Cpl. Colette Zazulak on Sunday.

“Everything was good, parachute opened great. He was doing the John thing — he flies a very small, fast parachute — and he just missed on the bottom end,” said Eden North owner Lyal Waddell on Sunday.

He said Scott’s death will leave “a pretty big hole, because he did so much.”
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Every few years I start thinking "I should vote this year. Even a protest vote..."

Then I read or hear about the latest political/corporate/banking crime of the week and think "what a fucking joke."

Protest vote makes me feel better only if I believe the system isn't designed to fuck us.

Oh, good morning chat! What a beautiful sunny day!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    So campaign years make folk hate everyone. Except us millennials in this last election.

Good to know.

No, during the 2004 election Gay Marriage was inexplicably a campaign issue.

How? Kerry didn't want gay marriage. Bush really didn't want gay marriage.

Gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts in 2004. It was very much associated with the Dems, even if Kerry himself wasn't in favor.

In 2004 Bush used gay marriage as a wedge among black Christian voters to peel off a few points from a traditional Democratic bloc.

I submit that we don't have exit polls precise enough to measure the effect of those referenda on black conservative Christian Democrats. And I'm pretty sure they were aimed at boosting evangelical white turnout in Ohio and such anyway. Republicans haven't tried to appeal to black voters since Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. promised that Nixon would put one in the cabinet.

Bush visited Black churches in the south and talked shit about gay marriage. It was part of the Rove strategy.

(then he put more black people in power positions in his Cabinet than any President before or since)
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    Seriously though there has for to be some issues that in the future the current progressives will be seen as rev regressive and conservative on. Perhaps dual gentials? Cyborgasms? Meme citizenship?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

cass roe on toast points ..... $10.99

This looks like too much money for a Denny's breakfast
    Every few years I start thinking "I should vote this year. Even a protest vote..."

Then I read or hear about the latest political/corporate/banking crime of the week and think "what a fucking joke."

Protest vote makes me feel better only if I believe the system isn't designed to fuck us.

You should always vote, even if it's for the lesser evil.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Don't be so down on yourself. I'm sure you have very pretty eggs.
    Pearlandlorrainescollectibles058-1.jpg
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Kagera wrote: »
    Seriously though there has for to be some issues that in the future the current progressives will be seen as rev regressive and conservative on. Perhaps dual gentials? Cyborgasms? Meme citizenship?

Affirmative action.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    That looks like a buttplug.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

You should always vote, even if it's for the lesser evil.

Green Party it is.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I don't understand the attachment to sperm/eggs. Women literally waste eggs by the dozen; men leave sperm laying around by the million-billions-trillions over a lifetime.

Mostly in Kleenex.
    network_sig2.png
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    RCMP were called to Eden North around 7:30 p.m. Saturday when it was reported that John Scott, an instructor at the parachute school, had been found unresponsive on the ground following a jump.

Paramedics resuscitated Scott at the scene before taking him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

It was unclear whether Scott's chute was working properly, because there were a number of jumps happening at the same time, said RCMP Cpl. Colette Zazulak on Sunday.

“Everything was good, parachute opened great. He was doing the John thing — he flies a very small, fast parachute — and he just missed on the bottom end,” said Eden North owner Lyal Waddell on Sunday.

He said Scott’s death will leave “a pretty big hole, because he did so much.”

He didn't know what Barrel of Monkeys was.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

the only thing I can really think of is animal rights

it's strange to think about being at a place in time when you want to go further than the status quo, and realizing that you can't really imagine when the further position of the future is
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    i'm honestly surprised to see a dip in gay marriage approval during the campaigns

it's weird to imagine that there are people on the fence about it and who are apparently a couple of super PAC ads away from opposing it

it's cultural alignment and people feeling comfortable enough in an environment of vocal conservative partisanship to express their misgivings about gays.
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    I don't understand the attachment to sperm/eggs. Women literally waste eggs by the dozen; men leave sperm laying around by the million-billions-trillions over a lifetime.

Mostly in Kleenex.

It's one thing to waste them.

It's another to potentially have kids running around that you don't know about / will never meet / have no influence on.
    steam_sig.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    There are a lot of mud slinging phone commercials lately.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19vR1GldRI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXp41WwpOs
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    Hamurabi wrote: »

Mostly in Kleenex.

I don't think anyone gives a shit about their haploid cells

moreso about the potential awkwardness of having a relative you never met but are partly responsible for, biologically
    Polyamory.

Genetic modification, especially of the human body and most especially for selecting / designing children in utero.

Biotech augmentation of the body, esp. embedded computing.

These are all things today's progressives will find a bridge too far.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the smell of grass reminds me of Magic cards for some reason, and Harper continues to be a moron.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Trans rights are something that need to be worked on.

_J_ wrote:
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy I'm da BEST! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
    toadsig.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Oh god, Tim just found out.

Jenny is doing the whole begging thing.

Now she's gonna do something and end up doing the whole tortured thing again.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i'm honestly surprised to see a dip in gay marriage approval during the campaigns

it's weird to imagine that there are people on the fence about it and who are apparently a couple of super PAC ads away from opposing it

it's cultural alignment and people feeling comfortable enough in an environment of vocal conservative partisanship to express their misgivings about gays.

Also, the phrase "civil unions" was pretty goddamn prolific in 2004.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    edited May 2013

the only thing I can really think of is animal rights

it's strange to think about being at a place in time when you want to go further than the status quo, and realizing that you can't really imagine when the further position of the future is

Polygamy.

Age of consent / pedophilia issues.

Incest.

Furry rights.

Trust me...forty years ago, people thought 'now that the blacks have equal rights, how could anyone possibly be more progressive'.

That's not even talking about technological stuff, like clinical immortality / right to die and related ethics.

EDIT - oh yeah, Gattica.
    zagdrob on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.