Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    emnmnme wrote: »
    There are a lot of mud slinging phone commercials lately.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19vR1GldRI

That Windows phone commercial is terrible. What I take away from it is that the dominant platforms are Android and iOS, so I should get one of those, and Windows phone is some cheap knockoff used by the help.

@spacekungfuman
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Oh god, Tim just found out.

Jenny is doing the whole begging thing.

Now she's gonna do something and end up doing the whole tortured thing again.

Oh you are on season one.

Haha you don't even know what shenanigans you are up for yet.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    I ate lunch. It made me feel better after it initially made me feel worse. Thank you mac n cheese, the cure to all hangovers

I want to do another boozey picnic in June, but next time maybe sangria. It takes effort to get shithammered off sangria.
    maybe we also just dont bring all the alcohol...like......we could bring regular human amounts of alcohol so we're not tempted to kill ourselves
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Right to die is one of those rights people are already fighting for.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Polyamory.

Genetic modification, especially of the human body and most especially for selecting / designing children in utero.

Biotech augmentation of the body, esp. embedded computing.

These are all things today's progressives will find a bridge too far.

I would be up for biotech augmentation and embedded computing.

Genetic modification for certain things is a good idea for and if I have kids. I have Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis and this is all tied to a genetic autoimmune disease. Which also have a few other things that could show up down the line.

I would be up for genetic modification in the womb so my children would never have the chance to suffer through these chronic genetic diseases.
    falasig.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    I understand the slight weirdness of having someone you don't know running around with your genetic material.

But guess what: that already exists. It's called 'relatives you don't know.'
    network_sig2.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

I think the only thing I won't be able to stomach is the dog situation.

Other than that, I'll be fine.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Seriously though there has for to be some issues that in the future the current progressives will be seen as rev regressive and conservative on. Perhaps dual gentials? Cyborgasms? Meme citizenship?

Affirmative action.

goddamnit
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Have you guys been following Defense Distributed? Libertarian kid started an organization that develops guns that can be made from 3D printers and then shares the blueprints for free. From this faq:
    WHY GUNS?
    We are informed by the Internet itself. If we truly believe information should be free, that the internet is the last bastion of freedom and knowledge, and that societies that share are superior to societies that censor and withhold, then whynot guns?

Jesus christ.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    I hope genetic engineering is banned ,because i can't compete with genetically superior super-toddlers.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I ate lunch. It made me feel better after it initially made me feel worse. Thank you mac n cheese, the cure to all hangovers

I want to do another boozey picnic in June, but next time maybe sangria. It takes effort to get shithammered off sangria.
    maybe we also just dont bring all the alcohol...like......we could bring regular human amounts of alcohol so we're not tempted to kill ourselves

But I only brought 2 Liters of Tequila and 375 mls of mostly whiskey punch.
    There were 6 of us!
    You and C Eddy also brought margies...
    We drank them dry and then we went out and drank marggies...

ummm... yeah... maybe we drank too much.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    yessssss my favorite facebook comment ever to appear on my wall
    By the way, your mother and I paid money for your Catholic School education. It's "You're going to be a Grandfather", not "Your".
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Have you guys been following Defense Distributed? Libertarian kid started an organization that develops guns that can be made from 3D printers and then shares the blueprints for free. From this faq:
    WHY GUNS?
    We are informed by the Internet itself. If we truly believe information should be free, that the internet is the last bastion of freedom and knowledge, and that societies that share are superior to societies that censor and withhold, then whynot guns?

Jesus christ.

I have several good reasons. One of them is smuggling guns in airplanes is bad idea.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    I understand the slight weirdness of having someone you don't know running around with your genetic material.

The difference is they exist independent of any action of mine, whereas people created from my sperm are there because I had sex/donated my genetic material.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I hope genetic engineering is banned ,because i can't compete with genetically superior super-toddlers.

Their squishy human bits will be no match for the cold perfection of my robot body.

Man did you spoil yourself? Fucking

Just. Arghhhh.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    WHY GUNS?

Jesus christ.

There was a viceTV documentary on him a couple weeks ago. Dude seems a bit nutty but I kinda see where he's going with some of his opinions.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Organichu wrote: »
    Seriously though there has for to be some issues that in the future the current progressives will be seen as rev regressive and conservative on. Perhaps dual gentials? Cyborgasms? Meme citizenship?

Affirmative action.

goddamnit

Affirmative action needs to be retired at some point. If the program's still around after 100 years, it's time to try something else.
    emnmnme on
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    you know; it's not hard to see that trans rights is probably the next train leaving the progressive station on

it's hard to say whether gender stuff after that will really catch fire though. a lot of it is going to be whether or not society is willing to take people's thing seriously.

like those "agendered" or "third-gendered" situations. getting a different set of pronouns into common circulation is going to be an obstacle

furries and headmates and some of those identity things, which i guess are related.

and yeah polyamory is going to be a tough sell, given that it (along with incest and bestiality) are basically the feared slippery slope outcome given by conservatives opposing same-sex marriage these days
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Genetic modification, especially of the human body and most especially for selecting / designing children in utero

The problem with this is that it's basically eugenics. And the problem with eugenics is that nobody knows what in the fuck they're doing. (And/or are lunatic racists) Other than those concerns, I am down for your list! Bridge not too far!
    dkmouthsig.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    WHY GUNS?

Jesus christ.

I have several good reasons. One of them is smuggling guns in airplanes is bad idea.

It's already super-illegal to make an undetectable weapon. The one they printed had a large hunk of metal molded into the grip.
    h1DI1.jpg

And since we all really come from mitochondrial eve anyway.... We're all related!
    _J_ wrote:
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular

Affirmative action.

goddamnit

Affirmative action needs to be retired at some point. If the program's not working after 100 years, it's time to try something else.

Outside it actually does work at the moment. Contrary to the people you listen to on the radio.
    falasig.png
    There are a lot of mud slinging phone commercials lately.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19vR1GldRI

That Windows phone commercial is terrible. What I take away from it is that the dominant platforms are Android and iOS, so I should get one of those, and Windows phone is some cheap knockoff used by the help.

@spacekungfuman

very attractive help
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Right to die is one of those rights people are already fighting for.

Yeah, but for a lot of people who already consider themselves progressives, assisted suicide is a bridge too far.

Add in the normal abortion rights back and forth.

Um...circumcision, and other body modification by parents (ear piercings, tattoos, etc). Add in there plastic / cosmetic surgery as it gets more widely available.

Breast implants for minors? Parental consent on them?

In fact, pretty much the whole 'parental consent' model where if a kid is under 18, they basically have no rights / choices is going to be a big one. Competency in general is a broad area, with a lot of different opinions on who is responsible, who is capable / competent, etc.

I think someone said 'affirmative action'.

Treatment / rehabilitation vs. punishment in the justice system.

Drug use and legalization.
    steam_sig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i think we should get rid of affirmative action and just full on start oppressing white people
    Per3th.jpg

Just. Arghhhh.

I tried watching this show A LONG time ago but was doing it through streaming sites and when I couldn't finish it I just read what happened on wikipedia. Now I get to watch the drama unfold properly. I know all the bisexuals eventually just becomes lesbians and Jenny is a CRAZY BETCH.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

The difference is they exist independent of any action of mine, whereas people created from my sperm are there because I had sex/donated my genetic material.

Why is that different, though? Like what actual attachment do you have to a kid born on the other side of the country or the world using your donated sperm or egg? Why should you have any connection?
    network_sig2.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i think we should get rid of affirmative action and just full on start oppressing white people

Thanks Obama.
    h1DI1.jpg

Affirmative action.

goddamnit

Affirmative action needs to be retired at some point. If the program's still around after 100 years, it's time to try something else.

it's all but retired at present, already.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    WHY GUNS?

Jesus christ.

Yawn.

Zip guns have been a thing forever. I could tell you how to make a gun with materials from Home Depot, but other than being a different method (that's probably a lot more dangerous / less reliable) the 3d printer guns are nothing new or special.
    steam_sig.png

Just. Arghhhh.

I tried watching this show A LONG time ago but was doing it through streaming sites and when I couldn't finish it I just read what happened on wikipedia. Now I get to watch the drama unfold properly. I know all the bisexuals eventually just becomes lesbians and Jenny is a CRAZY BETCH.

...come on!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Polyamory.

Genetic modification, especially of the human body and most especially for selecting / designing children in utero.

Genetic modification for certain things is a good idea for and if I have kids. I have Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis and this is all tied to a genetic autoimmune disease. Which also have a few other things that could show up down the line.

I would be up for genetic modification in the womb so my children would never have the chance to suffer through these chronic genetic diseases.

I suspect that genetic modification to eliminate chronic diseases won't be much of an issue. I suspect genetic modification beyond that point might bring up some bioethics issues. A lot of it will depend on what exactly ends up being feasible.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

Just. Arghhhh.

...come on!

What
    Pony rights of course.
    _J_ wrote:
    spoilers?
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Polyamory.

Beyond repairing "flaws", I believe progressives of today will be opposed to augmenting the body to make it better or genetically modifying babies in utero to be "better".

Also, the issue of equality and fairness will lead today's progressives to oppose technological augmentation that give the rich a competitive advantage in the marketplace that is insurmountable by 'natural' humans and is unavailable except at a high price.

Social justice progressives who oppose space exploration (because we should spend that money on the poor) will also find themselves on the wrong side of the argument in the coming decades.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    spoilers?

I didn't think you'd care!
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    WHY GUNS?

Jesus christ.

Yawn.

Zip guns have been a thing forever. I could tell you how to make a gun with materials from Home Depot, but other than being a different method (that's probably a lot more dangerous / less reliable) the 3d printer guns are nothing new or special.

It's not the easily available homemade guns, the tech isn't important and it was only a matter of time before they started popping up on 3D printers. I can't even care too much, because they're shoddy and break after one shot.

It's this guy's batshit outlook.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    how do you turn a bisexual lesbian

is it just a good deep licking
    Per3th.jpg
This discussion has been closed.