Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    mad about this computer

going to go buy some booze

Be sure to pick up a hard drive and suction cups on your way. And then do this while you get drunk:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iMac+Intel+24-Inch+EMC+2134+and+2211+Hard+Drive+Replacement/8968/1

I've done this job: Don't do it drunk.

coward

Let me tell you about the time I replaced an iPhone 4S screen while drinking.

I replaced an iPhone 4S screen and I was drinking at the time.

It's actually not all that good of a story.

There are actually more pieces to worry about witht he iMac than there are an iPhone teardown.

With the added problem of if you fuck up even the tiniest bit with the screen, you will have permanent dust and oil on your exposed LCD screen.

Wear gloves, be smart.
    meat.jpg
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Oh, I think Google Glass will be immensely useful.

And fun.

That's tangential to how it looks.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    also for your information, chu, at the time of my criticism of how silly google glass looked, i was wearing a baller summer outfit for work

of course when i got home i took it off and now i am in my boxers because it's mad hot out but the point remains
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I would find gglass useful, and I would use it in ways that didn't occur to me. But I don't know if I want to. I don't think I should be that jacked in.

Think of all the new ways you could jack off though.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Matt's bakery is a front for the google glass mob.

Glass, put a hit out on Kagera

Affirmative ordering a thousand tesco lasagna sandwiches.

OH GOD NO NO ONE DESERVES THIS
    dkmouthsig.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Lasagna bread!

640x640_rect_5166584.jpg
    falasig.png
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    also for your information, chu, at the time of my criticism of how silly google glass looked, i was wearing a baller summer outfit for work

of course when i got home i took it off and now i am in my boxers because it's mad hot out but the point remains

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Your Language Skills
    Julia _______ in the garden.*
    is workingworkingis workare working
    Jose _______ daily paper.*
    readsis readingare readingreads the
    Earl _______ go to the game today.*
    cantcan'tcan 'ntcant'
    Mia said the movie _______.*
    were goodgoodwas goodas good
    Jeff needs _______ the letter.*
    mailsmailed tomailto mail
    "Regina loves to play sport's after class." The incorrect word or phrase is:*
    lovestosport'sclass
    The fireworks exhibition had awesome _______.*
    affectseffectsdefectsshow
    Rita _______ into the cellar.*
    descendedrescindedascendedintended
    Hector says he does not _______ when the movie starts.*
    noknownowknows
    Brad and Susan _______ getting married next month.*
    aswillwhereare
    I will _______ John if he knows the address.*
    inquirerequirequestionask
    Susan doesn't want to _______ you with her problems.*
    informdefameworrywary

I stumbled onto this, thought it was a mad lib, and was amazed at how versatile fuck is.

Julia fucking in the garden? Ok!

I take it you haven't seen Boondock Saints, then.
    Is there ham in that lasagna?
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    neat an interview for an editorial asst position this thursday

and it would be close to my new place

wait are you actually moving out?

whoa

moving out from where?

goddamn it

i thought that was a chu post

damn you and your ronnie avatars

i can't keep them all straight
    I don't know, that lasagna bread might be ok, but it's a very unflattering picture.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    I appear to have gotten an awful lot off cart food for $6
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    I don't know, that lasagna bread might be ok, but it's a very unflattering picture.

i'm holding out for the dorito loco lasagna sandwich
    I'm holding out for vegan lasagna
    _J_ wrote:
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I swore I saw a lasagna sandwich on the last page.
    I would eat all of the lasagna sandwiches
    ever
    all of them
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

Dorito Madness is no laughing matter.
    network_sig2.png
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I like that someone at Tesco is experimenting with sandwiches. Some of the results are better than others.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    i was gonna make some chicken with creamy cheese sauce.

There is no milk.

AAAaaaaaagggghhhhh, i was gonna be the cook!
    21stCentury on
    Elldren wrote: »

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Ottawa is sub arctic but it gets a full summer. Also something about the rivers it's on? I dunno. Right now it's 25 C, which is great but just a wee bit hotter than optimal (18 to 20 C for me), but every summer lately we go up to 30C and 40C, especially with the humid ex

The weather literally kills old people all year long, I don't know how we have any left.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Your Language Skills
    Julia _______ in the garden.*
    is workingworkingis workare working
    Jose _______ daily paper.*
    readsis readingare readingreads the
    Earl _______ go to the game today.*
    cantcan'tcan 'ntcant'
    Mia said the movie _______.*
    were goodgoodwas goodas good
    Jeff needs _______ the letter.*
    mailsmailed tomailto mail
    "Regina loves to play sport's after class." The incorrect word or phrase is:*
    lovestosport'sclass
    The fireworks exhibition had awesome _______.*
    affectseffectsdefectsshow
    Rita _______ into the cellar.*
    descendedrescindedascendedintended
    Hector says he does not _______ when the movie starts.*
    noknownowknows
    Brad and Susan _______ getting married next month.*
    aswillwhereare
    inquirerequirequestionask
    Susan doesn't want to _______ you with her problems.*
    informdefameworrywary

I stumbled onto this, thought it was a mad lib, and was amazed at how versatile fuck is.

Julia fucking in the garden? Ok!

. . .

DOT DOT DOT

That one was my favorite.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I like that someone at Tesco is experimenting with sandwiches. Some of the results are better than others.

I experimented with sandwiches once when I was a teenager

it didn't feel very good, but it turns out that mayo makes your foreskin nice and supple
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    oh god im so tired someone come rescue me from my workplace and give me 30k a year to play video gaem
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I just need the rain to hold off for an hour or so.
    I'd would very much like to be able to unload some stuff at the new apartment.
    Weather just doesn't want to cooperate.
    On the subject of food items that don't necessarily go well together...

We had some leftover ground beef curry and some leftover biryani rice, so I decided to be Resourceful and put them together.

Nope, terrible move. Oily rice + oily curry = omfggetthisabominationoutofmymicrowave.
    network_sig2.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

look all i'm saying is

i think an intersection probably exists between "don't wear GG you'll look stupid" and "I WEAR WHAT I WANT FUCK FASHION IT'S SHALLOW" or people who aren't well groomed or who like me are most vast indeed

:3
    oh god im so tired someone come rescue me from my workplace and give me 30k a year to play video gaem

i had that job once, Cass.

it's not worth it, it's a terrible job.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    https://maps.google.no/maps?q=ravneberget+bergen&hl=en&ll=60.371254,5.363705&spn=0.006015,0.021136&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=60.371254,5.363705&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-16854833

this is where I went today although everything was in a dark, dark grey lit up with the orange lights of the city.

And since it's not a panorama shot it doesn't really show the view much. Turning the other way you can see the city stretch to the tip of Nordåsvatnet.
    xlh6c3.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Ottawa is substantially further south than any part of Britain. It's about on a line with the middle of the Bay of Biscay. It's further south than Paris even.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    edited May 2013

look all i'm saying is

i think an intersection probably exists between "don't wear GG you'll look stupid" and "I WEAR WHAT I WANT FUCK FASHION IT'S SHALLOW" or people who aren't well groomed or who like me are most vast indeed

Sure, but there is a difference in repulsiveness between a man wearing ill fitting cargo shorts and chunky sandals and a boxy polo, and a man wearing what looks like he headbutted a CRT monitor to death and is wearing part of its carcass as a trophy
    Evil Multifarious on

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Ottawa is substantially further south than any part of Britain. It's about on a line with the middle of the Bay of Biscay. It's further south than Paris even.

Wait, really?

What...
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    http://goo.gl/maps/XImbV

this, from a lower spot, was the southwards view
    xlh6c3.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

Someone does a triple pack each of which has a different kind of chicken curry filling.

One of them is jalfrezi and has a ton of fresh coriander and it's great. Might be sainsburys.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    well

where else would you put a cat
    919UOwT.png
  • RozRoz Registered User regular

Dorito Madness is no laughing matter.

I imagine this as a scrambled state of mind where everything tastes terrible except for Doritos. Your entire palate is destroyed and only Doritos can restore your zest for flavor. Dorito Ice Cream. Dorito Pan Cakes. French Doritonion Soup.

Come to think of it, this actually doesn't sound that bad.

look all i'm saying is

Sure, but there is a difference in repulsiveness between a man wearing I'll fitting cargo shorts and chunky sandals and a boxy polo, and a man wearing who looks like he headbutted a CRT monitor to death and is wearing part of its carcass as a trophy

oh, i see what's happened here

you mistook my pointless takedown of my dear friends for some sort of rhetorical device

look all i'm saying is

did you call yourself "vast indeed"?
    Plastic tubs holding crumpled clothes.
    dkmouthsig.png
    edited May 2013
    maid-wiggle-wiggle.gif
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

*looks at map*

*avfaces*
This discussion has been closed.