Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Lasagna sandwich flavored donut holes.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Cass I am tired and at work too. Let's go on strike. A nap strike.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    maid-wiggle-wiggle.gif
    Insert password for watafu.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    also for your information, chu, at the time of my criticism of how silly google glass looked, i was wearing a baller summer outfit for work

of course when i got home i took it off and now i am in my boxers because it's mad hot out but the point remains

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Ottawa is substantially further south than any part of Britain. It's about on a line with the middle of the Bay of Biscay. It's further south than Paris even.

Wait, really?

What...

Look at a map, Europe is much further north relative to North America than you'd expect. It's got to do with the way the wind and seas move and heat travels, Europe gets extra heat that makes it relatively warm compared to similar North American latitudes.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I will wear chunky sandals and cargo shorts and a boxy polo and -3 fucks will be given, fake mirror aviators on top of head, 6 pack natty ice.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    also for your information, chu, at the time of my criticism of how silly google glass looked, i was wearing a baller summer outfit for work

of course when i got home i took it off and now i am in my boxers because it's mad hot out but the point remains

look all i'm saying is

i think an intersection probably exists between "don't wear GG you'll look stupid" and "I WEAR WHAT I WANT FUCK FASHION IT'S SHALLOW" or people who aren't well groomed or who like me are most vast indeed

:3

did you call yourself "vast indeed"?

you've seen me recently! i am a substantial being.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Europe's north-south position is so fucking weird

I am on the same latitude as a Mediterranean country
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    6494009403_0b9502ab36_z.jpg
    xlh6c3.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Ottawa is substantially further south than any part of Britain. It's about on a line with the middle of the Bay of Biscay. It's further south than Paris even.

Wait, really?

What...

Look at a map, Europe is much further north relative to North America than you'd expect. It's got to do with the way the wind and seas move and heat travels, Europe gets extra heat that makes it relatively warm compared to similar North American latitudes.
    Until climate change fucks Europe into a frozen hellscape.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    i got new flip flops for the honeymoon

they are orange

there is probably a sex joke in here somewhere
    919UOwT.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Wait, really?

What...

Britain is more temperate than it really should be for it's latitude because of the gulfstream.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    oh god i am directly west of those fish mongers, the portuguese

*suicide*
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    what I am saying is come go for a stroll with me.
    xlh6c3.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Wait, really?

What...

London is on the same latitude as the south end of Hudson Bay. The north Atlantic current is a hell of a Thing.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Wait, really?

What...

London is on the same latitude as the south end of Hudson Bay. The north Atlantic current is a hell of a Thing.

Well fuck.

My world made sense minutes ago.
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

they are orange

are you an orange flip-flopper

like john boehner?

heheh

boehner
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    Feral wrote: »

they are orange

like john boehner?

heheh

boehner

i cannot read this as anything other than boner.

Apparently it's pronounced bayner?
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    maid-wiggle-wiggle.gif
    Insert password for watafu.

Yeah sorry about that -_-
    network_sig2.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Directly east of me is Morocco.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

they are orange

like john boehner?

heheh

boehner

feral best

rest of chat worst
    919UOwT.png
    Shivahn wrote: »

Why is it hot up there?

That doesn't make sense!

Wait, really?

What...

Until climate change fucks Europe into a frozen hellscape.

Climate social justice.
    network_sig2.png
    edited May 2013
    see this is what comes of schools dropping the Mercator projection in favor of hippy bullshit just because some countries near the equator feel inadequate.

Having a projection that maintains lines of latitude as horizontal and parallel on the 2d projection is actually useful
    RiemannLives on
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    When is Newfoundland going to change its name?

as soon as New York does.

When we find a newer land, obviously.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Come to sunny Baghdad!
    Lh96QHG.png
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit last night's mad men was so good
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png

they are orange

like john boehner?

heheh

boehner

i cannot read this as anything other than boner.

Apparently it's pronounced bayner?

I'm pretty sure its really pronounced boner, he just wanted a semi-viable pronunciation so he wouldn't get laughed out of politics.

John Boner would've gotten the 13 year old boy vote, but unfortunately that's not a key voter demographic.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

They already changed it once from New Amsterdam.

Why they changed it? I can't say.
    meat.jpg
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Registered User regular
    I am so nearly finished with this paper. [chat], can you provide me some motivating music for the end stretch run?
    Quality, Speed, Low Cost -- Choose Two

I'm probably playing Neverwinter or SimCity right now.

New York is relative to Old York, which is like 1500 years older. The name works.

Newfoundland is relative to all found land, of which there are many that are much newer.
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

People just liked it better that way!

that's one of half a dozen pieces of media I use for testing all the time. It sounds hell of weird coming out of the tinny little speakers on this rig (it's like the guts of the media system in a car spread across a desk and hooked up to the worst speakers ever)

When we find a newer land, obviously.

Well, it'll still be relatively new even after we inevitably settle Mars (which haters like @Feral and @Irond Will are trying to stop).

Lastyears Foundland, imo. Like, it's in that weird intermediary phase where it doesn't played on the radio anymore, but it still isn't "an oldie." It also can't be on the 'twenty-teens' playlist because we're only 3 years into it.
    network_sig2.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Most Fan posters are so bad, but these are pretty.

@jacobkosh
    359juxs.jpg316osuf.jpg5kk5tx.jpg8x076o.jpgeg7n2v.jpg117wh1t.jpg

A couple of them suffer from the clever movie reference issue but the artist put some effort in beyond drawing a simple shape and putting paper texture over all of it.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Because of the awesome and totally not 'hey look at all this navy I got shame if I'd have to shoot your boats with it' trade which ended up with the Netherlands getting Suriname.

Home of the seldom seen now democratically elected President that first came to power 30 years ago in a bloody coup and has an interpol warrant against him for drug trafficking.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    see this is what comes of schools dropping the Mercator projection in favor of hippy bullshit just because some countries near the equator feel inadequate.

Having a projection that maintains lines of latitude as horizontal and parallel on the 2d projection is actually useful

If you're a sailor maybe! Peters projection is stupid though. Hyperelliptical, uh... wikipedia... Mollweide, Eckert IV... these are fine.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Denver is similar to Tokyo about 4 degrees north.
    falasig.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Or I guess not Baghdad itself, according to Wiki.

But Mt Everest is directly east (or west) of me.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    The Mercator map will always be my favorite, because a great game of my childhood, Alien Legacy used it.
This discussion has been closed.