Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    tape is certainly a bro

i can say that because she is far away

and cannot hurt me
    919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Wow Adobe you are duuuuuuuuuumb!
    Adobe makes the second most pirated application in the world, and the adoption of their newer suites has been faltering for years as people declared CS2/CS3/CS4 "good enough" and stopped upgrading.

If they didn't do something, they were going to start losing money. 30 bucks a month for every single app adobe makes per seat is a pittance for the firms that need that software day to day, is easily togglable so if you get a contract gig that requires you to use the suite for 3 months, you just bill the 90 dollars to your client...

I think it is good for pretty much everyone but pirates who want the bleeding edge best software.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    i cant youtubez at work emn wat is it wat is it

The Incredible Adventures of van Helsing

Is the 'V' capitalized? Van Helsing? It's not von.

cool, never heard of it. will keep this in mind next time wife wants to get a new bro-op game.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Adobe makes the second most pirated application in the world, and the adoption of their newer suites has been faltering for years as people declared SC2/SC3/SC4 "good enough" and stopped upgrading.

If they didn't do something, they were going to start losing money. 30 bucks a month for every single app adobe makes per seat is a pittance for the firms that need that software day to day, is easily togglable so if you get a contract gig that requires you to use the suite for 3 months, you just bill the 90 dollars to your client...

I think it is good for pretty much everyone but pirates who want the bleeding edge best software.

Well, for the pirates, I assume they'll just crack it like they've done with every software product ever released.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy i have no urge to LoL until you get a new setup going

this pleases me

also I just like priced out a computer or something

I don't even know what I am picking on half of these things but it would be $1350 for this thing with no monitor

I chose the least ugly case they offered

corsair-550d-1.png

Case
    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Gaming Case Black
    Case Lighting
    None
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction
    None
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion
    iBUYPOWER Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Module
    Processor
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive
    None
    Processor Cooling
    Liquid CPU Cooling System [Intel] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
    Memory
    16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz - Single Card
    Video Card Brand
    Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 -- 4x USB 3.0
    Intel Smart Response Technology
    None
    Power Supply
    650 Watt -- NZXT HALE82N-SI / 80+ Bronze
    Primary Hard Drive
    64 GB ADATA SP900 SSD - Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive
    1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    Optical Drive
    24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
    2nd Optical Drive
    None
    Flash Media Reader / Writer
    None
    Meter Display
    None
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xonar DGX
    Network Card
    Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    Operating System
    Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] 64-bit
    Keyboard
    iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard - FREE Upgrade to A4Tech Blue LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard ($19 value)
    Monitor
    None
    2nd Monitor
    None
    Speaker System
    None
    Video Camera
    None
    Case Engraving Service
    None
    Warranty
    3 Year Standard Warranty Service
    Rush Service
    Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
    Free Stuff
    1 x [FREE Game Download] - Metro: Last Light Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 or above
    Free Stuff
    1 x [FREE In-Game Voucher] - $75 Value In-Game Currencies: Hawken, Planetside 2, and World of Tanks ($25 for each title) Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 or above

it still seems expensive >:[
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    You gaiz iz ruinin da sweetness wif ur overfinkin :(

I also liked this other card:
    Proposal WWWW
    Sorcery
    Allows Richard to propose to Lily. If she accepts, both players win. Mix the cards in play, both hands, libraries and graveyards into a shared deck.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Adobe makes the second most pirated application in the world, and the adoption of their newer suites has been faltering for years as people declared SC2/SC3/SC4 "good enough" and stopped upgrading.

Well, for the pirates, I assume they'll just crack it like they've done with every software product ever released.

In this sense it is "kind of" impossible, as Adobe is offloading core components of their suite to cloud authentication / processing.

One of the neat byproducts of this is that a real version of Adobe lightroom with all the bells and whistles is going to be on iPad, and any heavy lifting will happen server side and get beamed back to the mobile device.
    meat.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Adobe makes the second most pirated application in the world, and the adoption of their newer suites has been faltering for years as people declared CS2/CS3/CS4 "good enough" and stopped upgrading.

But if you dont have any previous CS software its $50 a month on a year contract or $75 monthly, thats brutal
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    tape is certainly a bro

i can say that because she is far away

and cannot hurt me

to batsignal or not to batsignal

that is the question
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    @casual I appear to be right and wrong. Steam NZ is a sub site from the US site and is priced in USD, but the list price of games is higher, usually significantly so. For example, current Bioshock is 20 USD more expensive

hrm that must be a new-ish development

back when i was using it it was just the bog standard US site

sucks for you guys that they finally decided to change it so they could extort more money out of you

The more I think about it and the more I read I think it has been like this since day 1 as people have been complaining on forum posts for years.

It probably is hard to pick up unless you check the US list price on a game by game basis
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    skippy i have no urge to LoL until you get a new setup going

this pleases me

also I just like priced out a computer or something

I don't even know what I am picking on half of these things but it would be $1350 for this thing with no monitor

I chose the least ugly case they offered

corsair-550d-1.png

Case
    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Gaming Case Black
    Case Lighting
    None
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction
    None
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion
    iBUYPOWER Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Module
    Processor
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive
    None
    Processor Cooling
    Liquid CPU Cooling System [Intel] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
    Memory
    16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz - Single Card
    Video Card Brand
    Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 -- 4x USB 3.0
    Intel Smart Response Technology
    None
    Power Supply
    650 Watt -- NZXT HALE82N-SI / 80+ Bronze
    Primary Hard Drive
    64 GB ADATA SP900 SSD - Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive
    1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    Optical Drive
    24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
    2nd Optical Drive
    None
    Flash Media Reader / Writer
    None
    Meter Display
    None
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xonar DGX
    Network Card
    Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    Operating System
    Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] 64-bit
    Keyboard
    iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard - FREE Upgrade to A4Tech Blue LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard ($19 value)
    Monitor
    None
    2nd Monitor
    None
    Speaker System
    None
    Video Camera
    None
    Case Engraving Service
    None
    Warranty
    3 Year Standard Warranty Service
    Rush Service
    Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
    Free Stuff
    1 x [FREE Game Download] - Metro: Last Light Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 or above
    Free Stuff
    1 x [FREE In-Game Voucher] - $75 Value In-Game Currencies: Hawken, Planetside 2, and World of Tanks ($25 for each title) Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 or above

it still seems expensive >:[

watercooling is a pain in the hole and you don't need 16GB of RAM for gaming
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    why do people care about 3d printing guns?

I could go buy an ar-15 on craigslist from some guy named Jim in 20 minutes
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I really should be working on these spreadsheets right now.

But my eyes hurt and I have a mysterious headache, so fuck that - reading news.

How is [chat] doing?

We need more self spreading sheets

@desc - write this idea into your new "film" about a struggling start-up.

You could have a lot of fun with a tech start up, angel investors and self spreading spread sheets.

Self-spreading spreadsheets?

This sounds like Skynet: Excel edition.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Are you planning to overclock?
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

But if you dont have any previous CS software its $50 a month on a year contract or $75 monthly, thats brutal

Didn't they make CS2 freeware?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    skippy are the games you play intensive enough for that to make sense? i've never seen you playing like, cutting edge resource hog stuff. i imagine you'd get similar performance on the stuff you like for maybe 70% of that price
    Deebaser wrote: »

Didn't they make CS2 freeware?
    They posted a serial number that bypasses the activation server because the activation server is permanently borked.

they still don't want you stealing it.

It is the equivalent of a car with the doors unlocked and the keys in the sun visor.
    meat.jpg
    Also you don't need a sound card unless you are doing audio work.
    skippy are the games you play intensive enough for that to make sense? i've never seen you playing like, cutting edge resource hog stuff. i imagine you'd get similar performance on the stuff you like for maybe 70% of that price

well I don't now, because I haven't had a computer that could do anything decent in years

like even when my imac was new it wasn't a gaming computer, per se

but I always see games for super cheap for download like arkham city for $10 or whatever and I think I'd pick those up and play them with a controller on my pc if it could handle it
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

pensi

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

In this sense it is "kind of" impossible, as Adobe is offloading core components of their suite to cloud authentication / processing.

One of the neat byproducts of this is that a real version of Adobe lightroom with all the bells and whistles is going to be on iPad, and any heavy lifting will happen server side and get beamed back to the mobile device.

Their product is used by professionals to process ultra high res data, occasionally in remote places without Internet or with something tenuous like a cell modem. Offloading anything that key would slow the app tremendously and make it effectively nonfunctional in a lot of places. So either they've committed suicide or it'll be cracked.
    dkmouthsig.png
    edited May 2013

I wasn't up to spend the full amount on illustrator but I've been wanting to do some simple digital art stuff with it lately, I'm probably going to activate one of those $30 accounts for a month or so. I think it's a great solution.

Edit: $75? Didn't read any fine print. That is a little rough.
    desc on
    Cinders wrote: »

no

the only reason I selected water cooled was that it was default and only like $10 more expensive than the regular fan
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

well I don't now, because I haven't had a computer that could do anything decent in years

like even when my imac was new it wasn't a gaming computer, per se

but I always see games for super cheap for download like arkham city for $10 or whatever and I think I'd pick those up and play them with a controller on my pc if it could handle it

yeah i often think i'd like to try some newish cheap game on steam (like sleeping dogs was 10 bucks!) but i never know if my shit will run it
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    The Boss being president in SR4 basically means America is now basically Sheogorath's realm

because that isn't the case outside of murica

i agree it's overblown though because like i said, you either live in a place where guns are so heavily regulated you can't buy ammo for it

or you live in a place where you could easily obtain a proper gun
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    edited May 2013

Their product is used by professionals to process ultra high res data, occasionally in remote places without Internet or with something tenuous like a cell modem. Offloading anything that key would slow the app tremendously and make it effectively nonfunctional in a lot of places. So either they've committed suicide or it'll be cracked.

The processing offloading will happen on the mobile devices because they cannot do heavy lifting.

The authentication? I think Adobe seriously wants you to log in with photoshop every time you open it. ala Battle.net or simcity.

edit: that said, they havent gone that hardline yet:

"No. Your Creative Cloud desktop applications (such as Photoshop and Illustrator) are installed directly on your computer, so you won't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.

You will need to be online when you install and license your software. If you have an annual membership, you'll be asked to connect to the web to validate your software licenses every 30 days. However, you'll be able to use products for 180 days even if you're offline."

So it probably will be cracked this generation. Its the latter ones that will be interesting.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg

no

the only reason I selected water cooled was that it was default and only like $10 more expensive than the regular fan
    The k behind your processor means its designed for overclocking.

oh, really?!
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

The processing offloading will happen on the mobile devices because they cannot do heavy lifting.

The authentication? I think Adobe seriously wants you to log in with photoshop every time you open it. ala Battle.net or simcity.

that style of authentication is easy to crack; the issue with battle.net and simcity is that those games are designed to not function without the server. If the client does the work, it's gonna be easy to crack.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    You wouldn't need a license to print a 3d gun.

So, people who are overzealous about liberals taking away their freedoms use it as a big fuck you I'm defending my constitutional rights by being able to print guns.

But it's about the same as welding your own guns or something, just that you're more able to produce quality goods with 3d printing. The gun you weld at home will probably blow up in your hand.

no

lose the watercooling

maybe that site just over charges, because tbh im not seeing where the $1300 pricetag is coming from

you could buy those parts from newegg for around 800
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

oh, really?!

Yeah, it's a bit different from the old soundblaster or bust days
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    The artist I hired to do art for my blog is...

not working out. It's a shame because they weren't an unknown quantity. I've seen other work by them and it's good. I just don't think they get me. I knew I was in trouble when we were having a conversation (post hiring) and they told me how much they love big bang theory

*facepalm*
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    I want to play more Neverwinter.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i just hope saints row 4 lets me work over congress

that's all i need
    Per3th.jpg

no

The k behind your processor means its designed for overclocking.

oh huh

computers are dumb

oh, really?!

Yeah, the motherboard and processor can handle normal consumer stuff.

• GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    fun facts about @tapeslinger:
    • tapeslinger's arms are freakishly long, like that of an orangutan, and have two elbows each.
    • usain bolt runs like the wind. the wind runs like tapeslinger.
    • one time tapeslinger crushed a cinderblock into dust with her bare hands. she then mixed that cinderblock dust into a glass of milk, drank it, and screamed "MORE OVALTINE, PLEASE!" so loud it shattered the glass.
    • tapeslinger's tattoos are to remind her of the people she has killed in battle. her freckles are to remind her of the people she has maimed in battle.
    • tapeslinger got north korea to stop talking about nuking south korea by walking across the dmz, grabbing kim jong un by the collar and telling him to "cut that shit out"
    • in 1969 2 NASA astronauts landed on the moon. the US government says they did it for all mankind, but in reality they did it because tapeslinger told them they were going to fucking do it.

(happy birthday tape!)
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.