Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    rush in worried that i am going to be late

the only other person here is the writer, everyone else will be an hour+ late

lol
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Are you planning to overclock?

no

the only reason I selected water cooled was that it was default and only like $10 more expensive than the regular fan

As long as its a sealed system, there's nothing that's a pain about it. It's the same as a fan pretty much. You don't have to do anything like clean it or change out fluid.

I have to say though, I am disappoint. Why are you paying out the ass for someone else to put generic components in a big mclargehuge case?
    dkmouthsig.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    You wouldn't need a license to print a 3d gun.

So, people who are overzealous about liberals taking away their freedoms use it as a big fuck you I'm defending my constitutional rights by being able to print guns.

But it's about the same as welding your own guns or something, just that you're more able to produce quality goods with 3d printing. The gun you weld at home will probably blow up in your hand.

quality and quality. They're really really shitty guns.
    xlh6c3.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Wow Adobe you are duuuuuuuuuumb!
    Adobe makes the second most pirated application in the world, and the adoption of their newer suites has been faltering for years as people declared CS2/CS3/CS4 "good enough" and stopped upgrading.

If they didn't do something, they were going to start losing money. 30 bucks a month for every single app adobe makes per seat is a pittance for the firms that need that software day to day, is easily togglable so if you get a contract gig that requires you to use the suite for 3 months, you just bill the 90 dollars to your client...

I think it is good for pretty much everyone but pirates who want the bleeding edge best software.

But if you dont have any previous CS software its $50 a month on a year contract or $75 monthly, thats brutal

Didn't they make CS2 freeware?
    They posted a serial number that bypasses the activation server because the activation server is permanently borked.

they still don't want you stealing it.

It is the equivalent of a car with the doors unlocked and the keys in the sun visor.

And the car respawns everytime someone takes it.
    And a giant sign saying "whatever"
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

no

the only reason I selected water cooled was that it was default and only like $10 more expensive than the regular fan

lose the watercooling

maybe that site just over charges, because tbh im not seeing where the $1300 pricetag is coming from

you could buy those parts from newegg for around 800

oh man

I do not want to pay $500 to have someone else put it together >:[
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Just ordered Gradius 3+4 collection and Gradius V for PS2. Gonna get my (somewhat) classic gaming on.
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Awesome the local drive-in opens up this weekend. Next weekend they've got Iron Man 3 & Oz and on Sunday since it's a long weekend it will be Iron Man 3, Oz and Wreck-It Ralph.
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Get to work

The slim PSU on one of the order taking computers has died

A metal retaining bracket has broken on the oven loader and needs to be welded

The push bar on one of the bread slicers has come apart

The bread guide on another of the bread slicers has snapped off

"Hey Matt can we get another monitor for the security feed and run it to a different office too?"
    9g9SYBI.jpg
    h1DI1.jpg
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Wait wtf.

@Tav

Are NMH actually getting back together?

Like... are they making a new album?
    archer2.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

So, people who are overzealous about liberals taking away their freedoms use it as a big fuck you I'm defending my constitutional rights by being able to print guns.

But it's about the same as welding your own guns or something, just that you're more able to produce quality goods with 3d printing. The gun you weld at home will probably blow up in your hand.

Well I mean, yeah, but far less likely than a home weld or something. But way more likely than an actual gun from a company that's been doing this for 200 years.

no

As long as its a sealed system, there's nothing that's a pain about it. It's the same as a fan pretty much. You don't have to do anything like clean it or change out fluid.

I have to say though, I am disappoint. Why are you paying out the ass for someone else to put generic components in a big mclargehuge case?

I am not, necessarily

I just asked in Moe's if there was a service like dell but without the dell generic shit that everyone who knows about computers seems to despise

but I guess this is still a rip off so
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

no

lose the watercooling

maybe that site just over charges, because tbh im not seeing where the $1300 pricetag is coming from

oh man

I do not want to pay $500 to have someone else put it together >:[

well yeah that's how it goes

buying a pre-built machine is usually at least 30% more expensive

you do have the advantage of the whole she-bang being covered by warrenty and if it doesn't work you get to blame them for it

but you pay through the nose for that privilage
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Today is a good day. I came in whistling happily. The fight Leigh and I had is over. I sat down and one of my interns brought me coffee. My conference call is canceled.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I want to play more Neverwinter.

I've downloaded it and will probably have my first go later today.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    BobCesca wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I want to play more Neverwinter.

I've downloaded it and will probably have my first go later today.

There's a PA crowd playing on Beholder.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Let's translate this to reflect the reality of the mob front Matt is working
    Get to work

The slim PSU on one of the order taking computers has died Drug dealer OD'd in the bathroom on the shit he was supposed to be selling.

A metal retaining bracket has broken on the oven loader and needs to be welded Caught one of the front's bakery workers coming out of the local police station. Going to weld his mouth shut.

The push bar on one of the bread slicers has come apart The push bar on one of the counterfeit money cutters has come apart.

The bread guide on another of the bread slicers has snapped off The paper guide on another of the counterfeit machines has snapped off.

"Hey Matt can we get another monitor for the security feed and run it to a different office too?" "Hey matt, that guy didn't survive the mouth welding, can we get another?"
    9g9SYBI.jpg

Ludious on
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    My brother and gf have decided to proceed together on a probationary level, with all cards on the table.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Today is a good day. I came in whistling happily. The fight Leigh and I had is over. I sat down and one of my interns brought me coffee. My conference call is canceled.

I am super happy for you :3
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    My brother and gf have decided to proceed together on a probationary level, with all cards on the table.

he's just gonna take her from you like that, no warning?
    I lost sleep last night over neverwinter. I even downloaded teamspeak. Nobody was on it that I knew though.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

no

lose the watercooling

No.

It's more like $1k.

The case he chose is $150, the proc is $220, the gpu is $300. Another $150 for RAM and $50 + $100 for SSD + HD. That's $970 already without anything else or labor.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
    Putting a computer together is a fun adventure, skippy. It's not something you begrudgingly do to get the best value. You have to want it or else the computer fairy will sneak in and install your heat sink crooked and leave you with crippling self doubt.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Cass take off your pants in the office.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Well I mean, yeah, but far less likely than a home weld or something. But way more likely than an actual gun from a company that's been doing this for 200 years.

I was talking like even if they don't blow up they're still crap

plumbing supplies can make a better gun.
    xlh6c3.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    St Kevin and the Blackbird

And then there was St Kevin and the blackbird.
    The saint is kneeling, arms stretched out, inside
    His cell, but the cell is narrow, so

One turned-up palm is out the window, stiff
    As a crossbeam, when a blackbird lands
    and Lays in it and settles down to nest.

Kevin feels the warm eggs, the small breast, the tucked
    Neat head and claws and, finding himself linked
    Into the network of eternal life,

Is moved to pity: now he must hold his hand
    Like a branch out in the sun and rain for weeks
    Until the young are hatched and fledged and flown.

And since the whole thing's imagined anyhow,
    Imagine being Kevin. Which is he?
    Self-forgetful or in agony all the time

From the neck on out down through his hurting forearms?
    Are his fingers sleeping? Does he still feel his knees?
    Or has the shut-eyed blank of underearth

Crept up through him? Is there distance in his head?
    Alone and mirrored clear in Love's deep river,
    'To labour and not to seek reward,' he prays,

A prayer his body makes entirely
    For he has forgotten self, forgotten bird
    And on the riverbank forgotten the river's name.

Good, eh?
    poshniallo on
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
    Putting a computer together is a fun adventure, skippy. It's not something you begrudgingly do to get the best value. You have to want it or else the computer fairy will sneak in and install your heat sink crooked and leave you with crippling self doubt.

look all i'm saying is that there's an incongruity in nerd opinions on this because every nerd wants you to build your own computer but half say it's an interesting, fun adventure... and the others say it's a snap, no thought put slot a in b etc

it can't be both 'so simple it makes no sense to pay someone' and 'a fun adventure where you get to make this thing work with your bare hands!!!'
    Organichu wrote: »

he's just gonna take her from you like that, no warning?

He paid me six figures for the pleasure, it would be rude to renege on the agreement.
    I built my computer in like two hours and I'm mildly retarded. And I used a CPU watercooler.

It's not hard. Chu, you eat ass. You can build a computer. Skippy hasn't lit his kid on fire. He can build a computer.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Skips, that's not as much as a rip off as these guys are claiming. I mean, yes, you don't need some of the stuff (I'd say drop the sound card def and maybe the proc down to the regular 3570 if you're not going to OC), but you should also probably up the SSD to a 128 or 256 so you can put more than the OS install on it.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
    edited May 2013
    tonight we will have both marijuana and an expensive vape in the apartment

3fe.gif
    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    putting 2gether computerz lol

y dont u multiply numberz 2gether and read bookz u nerdz

mac iz best
    919UOwT.png
    tonight we will have both marijuana and an expensive vape in the apartment

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh3fdA0dBvoeEk1uZbkHDR6S4DLeaiDZLNhP77EPTt5jkB13uR

*Calls Scotland Yard*
    Gooey wrote: »
    putting 2gether computerz lol

y dont u multiply numberz 2gether and read bookz u nerdz

mac iz best

so build a finger of god hackintosh then
    Organichu wrote: »

look all i'm saying is that there's an incongruity in nerd opinions on this because every nerd wants you to build your own computer but half say it's an interesting, fun adventure... and the others say it's a snap, no thought put slot a in b etc

it can't be both 'so simple it makes no sense to pay someone' and 'a fun adventure where you get to make this thing work with your bare hands!!!'

Both camps are correct. They're not talking about mutually exclusive things.
    dkmouthsig.png
    Ludious wrote: »
    I built my computer in like two hours and I'm mildly retarded. And I used a CPU watercooler.

It's not hard. Chu, you eat ass. You can build a computer. Skippy hasn't lit his kid on fire. He can build a computer.

i'm not saying i couldn't do it or skippy couldn't do it

i'm just saying someone is wrong here!

I know I can, I've done it before

what I'm trying to resist is spending brain meats learning all the shit about which i5 has more cache for the backram bus speed gigabytz and it looks like I'm going to have to do that anyway

actually putting the bits and bobs together is nbd
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Water cooling is fucking dumb

My buddy's brother bought a $7000 water cooled monstrosity that weighs as much as a couch and made him put it together

It took five hours and every water cooling assembly step risked a leak that would destroy everything
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I'm moderately familiar with NWN1 and 2 and I've been out of it for a bit, what's the deal with Neverwinter. I know at least one associate is playing a lot but I don't get to talk with him much now

I know I can, I've done it before

what I'm trying to resist is spending brain meats learning all the shit about which i5 has more cache for the backram bus speed gigabytz and it looks like I'm going to have to do that anyway

actually putting the bits and bobs together is nbd

just get a sandybridge i5 and be done with it. But as far as overclocking goes, if you get an ivybridge i5 and an asrock mobo (and I bet others do it as well) overclocking is as easy as going into the bios and click "Overclock to 4.x GHZ plz k thx. The Asrocks have built in overclock presets. You just find the one that is stable on your system.
This discussion has been closed.