Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Plus with eSATA or USB 3.0, externa drives are plenty quick, you only need the SSD for installed programs.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Dammit I forgot Chinese resturaunt was closed on Tuesday. KFC it is...
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Good morning, chat. I have nothing to report because these are going to be the most boring two weeks ever. I just go to the gym everyday because I have nothing to do.

that's... not a bad way to spend your time when you have nothing to do.

me I just do nothing.
    xlh6c3.png
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Where is the slim, gaming only motherboard (and accompanying case) with one PCIe 16x slot, 4 ram slots, 1 CPU slot and NOTHING ELSE. I feel like there is a massively under served market here. Nobody likes huge fucking empty towers.

Micro ATX?

Still huge.

There's like no room to spare in my micro ATX case, and I could pick it up one handed.

Imagine if there were no hard drive or optical bays, just two SSD slots. Now reshape the thing in your head, ignoring the square footprint of the motherboard. See how tiny it could be?

we are still a ways away from people going to SSD only builds, even having two 250 GB SSD's would barely leave you with a reasonable amount of space to play with while jacking up the price considerably

you'd be paying around £250 just on having 500GB of hd space

On sale, I got a 500gb SSD two weeks ago for $300. Still exorbitant compared to mechanical drives per GB, but the prices are coming down.

well that leaves you with space for one more drive but you'd still be paying ~£250 per 500GB

and once we're talking about putting in another, well, spending £500 of your build budget on hard drives is crazy talk
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Fuck. The crazy girl I mentioned is actually verbally begging to spend the day with me. I have no idea how to tell a sad crazy person no so i'm stalling for excuses.

I NEED A LAWYER AND A GYM
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    I was blown away when I saw my new card

The old one was tiny babby sized and so when I inserted the new one into its slot, I worried the whole time something might go wrong, so huge it was

gentle baby

nice and gentle

put it in real slow

I had to work it with my hands a bit, had to open up a little, just to make sure it'd all fit comfortably
    CDIOl.png
    Good morning, chat. I have nothing to report because these are going to be the most boring two weeks ever. I just go to the gym everyday because I have nothing to do.

you

you failed in your task

i missed Dr Who because no one reminded me it was on

>:V

it's okay this season has been mediocre
    Fuck. The crazy girl I mentioned is actually verbally begging to spend the day with me. I have no idea how to tell a sad crazy person no so i'm stalling for excuses.

what have you said to her so far?

did you say the whole "i don't think either of us are in the right place for this atm" spiel?
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

Bitch crazy, sever.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Give her the runaround. Tell her you're washing your hair that night. Tell her you have a migraine.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
    I was blown away when I saw my new card

The old one was tiny babby sized and so when I inserted the new one into its slot, I worried the whole time something might go wrong, so huge it was

gentle baby

nice and gentle

put it in real slow

I had to work it with my hands a bit, had to open up a little, just to make sure it'd all fit comfortably

i see you've done this before!
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    "I don't think either of us is in the right place for this at the moment. You're crazy, and I'm too sober not to know that I should stay away."
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

you

you failed in your task

EXCUSE YOU. I posted my reminder like usual! YOU were the one who failed to see it!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    emnmnme wrote: »

Give her the runaround. Tell her you're washing your hair that night. Tell her you have a migraine.

this is what equality looks like.

*wipes away a tear*
    xlh6c3.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Goddamn, this office REALLY likes the term guru.
    I should clean this place up.

but first I need a shower.

Doing neither right now but I've got a cup of coffee so I'm working my way up to it.
    xlh6c3.png

you

you failed in your task

EXCUSE YOU. I posted my reminder like usual! YOU were the one who failed to see it!

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

this organisation does not tolerate failure raven
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    college-chivers-54.jpg?w=500&h=375

omg the address

matches the color of the house.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    There was a little bleeding by the end but ultimately, it was all worth it.
    CDIOl.png
    There was a little bleeding by the end but ultimately, it was all worth it.

dat FPS...
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

you

you failed in your task

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

Quoth the Raven, Nevermore...
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    One of the interns managed to delete a fairly important folder. Being a fairly important folder it has redundant back ups. Which are fine because I had them restored from back up. I haven't told the intern this yet. I figure I will let him stew in terror for a bit.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Seems strange that two years ago today I was bored at work and quit lurking so I could talk about Community.

I'd like to think that in all that time I haven't grown, and have in fact become more childish and immature.

poops.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

you

you failed in your task

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

It is not my responsibility to make sure you remember what time Doctor Who is on. If you want a personalized @'d post it's going to cost you £3.50 a pop.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Buying a monkey would be a lot cheaper than having a kid. Hmmm.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    One of the interns managed to delete a fairly important folder. Being a fairly important folder it has redundant back ups. Which are fine because I had them restored from back up. I haven't told the intern this yet. I figure I will let him stew in terror for a bit.

Make him trawl through the "empty" disk space, looking for it.

Like a scavenger hunt.
    I remember I had a dream once where I was having sex

yay, sex dreams are great, right? Well, something felt off about it

so I looked down and I saw some blood trickling

uh, were you a virgin, I asked the vague lady

no

and then I pulled out and stood up and I saw there was a splinter an inch long lodged into my penis - not into the urethra but to the side just at the base of the glans

and I pulled it out and blood started flowing out uncontrollably.

and then I woke up sweating and panting too petrified to think
    xlh6c3.png

Which one?
    Was it B School, Fashion Plate, Mrs. Thomamelas, or a random red shirt?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

you

you failed in your task

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

It is not my responsibility to make sure you remember what time Doctor Who is on. If you want a personalized @'d post it's going to cost you $5.00 a pop.

Fixed that for you, goddamn commie.

that is evil

you are a bad man

a bad, brilliant man
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Seems strange that two years ago today I was bored at work and quit lurking so I could talk about Community.

I'd like to think that in all that time I haven't grown, and have in fact become more childish and immature.

poops.

You've learned nothing.

buttz.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

you

you failed in your task

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

It is not my responsibility to make sure you remember what time Doctor Who is on. If you want a personalized @'d post it's going to cost you $5.00 a pop.

hah hah your currency sucks.
    xlh6c3.png
    Deebaser wrote: »

Which one?
    Was it B School, Fashion Plate, Mrs. Thomamelas, or a random red shirt?

Wait, there's a Mrs Thom now? What's the story behind that?
    "I don't think either of us is in the right place for this at the moment. You're crazy, and I'm too sober not to know that I should stay away."

i just feel. so fucking. bad.

like there is a person reaching out for comfort and support. but they got so much crazy going on. so i'm trying to tell her she needs to keep seeing her therapist etc. trying to disengage. but not doing a clean sever because holy shit this level of sadness.

you

you failed in your task

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

It is not my responsibility to make sure you remember what time Doctor Who is on. If you want a personalized @'d post it's going to cost you £3.50 a pop.

*splutters*

this is outrageous

for that price i expect text alerts

do you accept direct debit?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Shivahn wrote: »

Make him trawl through the "empty" disk space, looking for it.

Like a scavenger hunt.

Send him down to IT to get the backup tape.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

you

you failed in your task

was i @'d?

NO

NO I WASN'T

hah hah your currency sucks.

You know what doesn't suck?

Freedom.

i just feel. so fucking. bad.

like there is a person reaching out for comfort and support. but they got so much crazy going on. so i'm trying to tell her she needs to keep seeing her therapist etc. trying to disengage. but not doing a clean sever because holy shit this level of sadness.

I know that feel bro.

What you should do is obvious and what you shouldn't do is even more so.

but that doesn't really help all that much.
    xlh6c3.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Goddamn, this office REALLY likes the term guru.

NAAAAAAIIIIIL
This discussion has been closed.