Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think my 18th birthday migth have been the most inappropriate place for any of our teachers to be in the world
    xlh6c3.png
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA, SolidSaints Tube admin
    Oh and my weirdest teaching experience was getting a call from the grandmother of one of my old students to let me know that he was a father. He was maybe 15.
    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Tube, did wrapping aluminum foil around your speakers work or was the interference too much?

The interference completely disappeared on its own. Weirdest thing. I didn't change shit. It comes back very occasionally.

Might be a dumb and obvious question, but did you have a cell phone or anything nearby?
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    So growing up, I had two teachers who were married and old. In their late 60's. They had a kid when I was in school. 8th grade maybe. Ran into the kid at my sister's wedding, she's 18 now. That was weird.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Noooooo Ray Harryhausen :cry:
    Oh and my weirdest teaching experience was getting a call from the grandmother of one of my old students to let me know that he was a father. He was maybe 15.

well that's nice.

Being told about it like a family friend, I mean.

also: were you surprised?
    xlh6c3.png
    My 18th birthday was spent at my fraternity's hell week cleaning up a filthy frat house.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Tube, did wrapping aluminum foil around your speakers work or was the interference too much?

The interference completely disappeared on its own. Weirdest thing. I didn't change shit. It comes back very occasionally.

God damn witches.
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I think my 18th birthday migth have been the most inappropriate place for any of our teachers to be in the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6lN9FEHao
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    My 18th birthday was spent at my fraternity's hell week cleaning up a filthy frat house.

it's still weird to me how early you guys begin college
    xlh6c3.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    They are selling jewelry based on the Atlas Shrugged movies.

That is a real link.

And satire takes yet another savage beating.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.

I was by far the youngest in my class.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular

Starting at 17 isn't terribly common, though I would have had I gone straight out of high school because I have an October birthday. There's some overlap where you either start kindergarten at 4 or 5, depending on a lot of factors.

Also means I was always young for my grade and couldn't drive until my Junior year.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Shivahn wrote: »

God damn witches.

I used to have fun when we did a lot more analog work and the baby tech support would summon me to figure out what was causing interference. I'd glance at the screen, tell them and walk off. Some of them assumed I had magic powers rather then realizing different interference sources make different patterns.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    if someone has set up a wedding gift list at a shop how does that work

can I like, call them to hear the list or what
    xlh6c3.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular

That's because all y'alls have mandatory army service when you turn 18, right? What about the girls? Do they start college right away?
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    One of my friends was 16 when she started University.

The joys of going to Uni in Scotland.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

That is a real link.

It pays to espouse the philosophy of some of the richest people in the world.
    edited May 2013
    Chanus wrote: »

Starting at 17 isn't terribly common, though I would have had I gone straight out of high school because I have an October birthday. There's some overlap where you either start kindergarten at 4 or 5, depending on a lot of factors.

Also means I was always young for my grade and couldn't drive until my Junior year.

if I had gone straight from high school I would have had my 19th birthday in college, because I'm born in september. Beginning at 17 is kind of impossible.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013
    Chanus wrote: »

Yeah, New York's school year starts/ends a bit later than most other states, so other states won't have students quite so young. I was right before the deadline, you had to turn five by December and my birthday is Nov 26. I was about the youngest someone in my grade could possibly be. Even then, a lot of people that young end up waiting another year for kindergarten. I knew plenty of people who were older than me but a year behind in college.
    Solomaxwell6 on
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

God damn witches.

I used to have fun when we did a lot more analog work and the baby tech support would summon me to figure out what was causing interference. I'd glance at the screen, tell them and walk off. Some of them assumed I had magic powers rather then realizing different interference sources make different patterns.

Nah I'm pretty sure you are actually a wizard of some kind.

That is a pretty cool thing to be able to use.

That's because all y'alls have mandatory army service when you turn 18, right? What about the girls? Do they start college right away?

no, it's because high school ends the year you turn 19.

conscription hasn't been for the majority of boys in a long time. At my father's time basically everyone went, though.

But it's incredibly common to do a year at a folkehøyskole which is a school you live in and you do whatever.

I've never really seen the point since the bonus they get to their grade scores are exactly the same I got from the army, and I didn't have to do school for it.

also the army was less strict.
    xlh6c3.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    i have a feeling the community college im taking my math course over the summer at is going to fuck my financial aid up again, there's nothing listed in there and there's an outstanding bill on my account

goddamnit guys, I know the governor cut your budget savagely and you fired a huge percentage of your staff but cmon
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Got first part of stats stuff done. About to head out to lunch with friends. Then more stats for my research seminar+writing letter for a paid internship in DC which hopefully would lead to a job. I know both of the bosses for this one. Plus writing a cover letter for my current internship to see if they would give me money to work in DC for them.

Also need to finish that damn background lit review for my own research. The writing. And fix the methodology and update it.

Some point I should read for class.
    falasig.png
    of my oldest friends who I've been class/school mates with since 1st grade one's born january 1st 1991 and the other december 10th 1991
    xlh6c3.png
    The school asked me to write a review of one of my professors because he's up for tenure or something. He wrote me a grad school recommendation so he probably knew I'd say yes. But hmm. Says it has to be a couple paragraphs to two pages long, and I just talk about why he's a good professor. Hmm.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    I know more boys than girls who went straight to college, actually. Of the ones I know and remember what they've done before college. There's a lot of people and I'm terrible at remembering stuff like that.
    xlh6c3.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

That is a real link.

I'm not sure satire means what you think it means.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    408454_461975833890125_1825654271_n.jpg
    Lh96QHG.png

Might be a dumb and obvious question, but did you have a cell phone or anything nearby?

No, I tried all the obvious stuff. I even tried putting stuff nearer to the speakers to see if I could get the interference back. I'm pretty sure it was coming from my mouse because I can get it back sometimes by holding the scroll wheel.
    If you'd like an anime thread, please PM me to discuss it. Include pics/video of your favorites.

well that's nice.

I sure was, I wouldn't have though that kid could get laid in a morgue

well that's nice.

Can't go wrong betting on the stupidity of teenagers.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

well that's nice.

D:
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    The school asked me to write a review of one of my professors because he's up for tenure or something. He wrote me a grad school recommendation so he probably knew I'd say yes. But hmm. Says it has to be a couple paragraphs to two pages long, and I just talk about why he's a good professor. Hmm.

Plagarize positive reviews from ratemyprofessor.com
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    exactly no-one was surprised when people I went to primary school with got teenage pregnant, because it was exactly the people everybody thought would
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
    Deebaser wrote: »

Plagarize positive reviews from ratemyprofessor.com

Yeah I wish I had an example of what this is exactly supposed to sound like because the letter wasn't very clear. But I'll just wing it I guess. Not like dis shit is graded!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Sip. Sip sip sippy. Dumb whores. Best friends.Registered User regular
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    "I don't think either of us is in the right place for this at the moment. You're crazy, and I'm too sober not to know that I should stay away."

i just feel. so fucking. bad.

like there is a person reaching out for comfort and support. but they got so much crazy going on. so i'm trying to tell her she needs to keep seeing her therapist etc. trying to disengage. but not doing a clean sever because holy shit this level of sadness.

I know that feel bro.

What you should do is obvious and what you shouldn't do is even more so.

but that doesn't really help all that much.

right. it's so dumb.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

That is a real link.

I'm not sure satire means what you think it means.

Yeah, selling Atlas Shrugged merch seems pretty well in line with objectivism.

Though having the priciest item marked $143 seems like a missed opportunity.
    dkmouthsig.png
This discussion has been closed.