Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Woah, wtf. Game Informer says the map in GTA5 is 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption??
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Two can play the "tiny word for big points" game, Raven

You guys Raven has beat me in 4 straight games. Or is it 5? Anyway it's terrible and some of the losses have been really bad!

You fail at sexting Scrabble. Turn in your D. And your L. And maybe some B and S for good measure.

I tried to play sexy Scrabble and then Raven played "unlaid"

And I got the message

Eye of the tiger Narwhal. Eye of the tiger.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Woah, wtf. Game Informer says the map in GTA5 is 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption??
    the mountain lions are also 3.5 times bigger
    Per3th.jpg
    Elendil wrote: »
    the mountain lions are also 3.5 times bigger

And 3.5 times buggier.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

Sounds about right for San Andreas.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    property tax is too damn high!
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    property tax is too damn high!

$5420 on 1/8th acre of land and a house we bought for under $200k.
    h1DI1.jpg
    The mountain lions I mean.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Haiku seems to me like an artform that has lost something essential in its jump to English.

I rank it somewhere between fake beat poetry used by
    people who waaaaaant
    to make fun
    of
    something
    theydon'tunderstand

and limericks featuring the word nantucket.

In a Station of the Metro

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
    Petals on a wet, black bough.

The ap'rition of faces in crowd
    Like petals on a wet, black bough
    Said conductor with distain
    Get the fuck on the train
    Another metro car is coming inbound
    dkmouthsig.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    What I really don't understand is that looking for property tax info, it says the city approved a 10% rate increase for the year, which would "for example add $150 to a house worth $150,000." Which makes sense, of course, but if that's what happened then it would mean my house is worth almost $500k, which it most definitely isn't.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Ravenhpltc24 Isn't even responding to these scandalous remarks in [chat], she's too busy systematically dismantling me again in Scrabble!
    evilbob wrote: »

Based on estimates and comparisons between San Andreas, RDR and the 3.5 times figure the map in 5 is going to be over twice the size of the old San Andreas map.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I guess I gotta drive down to the grocery store to get three Mothers' Day cards if I'm gonna send them out tomorrow. Dumb moms, inconveniencing me all the time...
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    @Ravenhpltc24 Isn't even responding to these scandalous remarks in [chat], she's too busy systematically dismantling me again in Scrabble!

Nah, I see it! Your best sexy Scrabble move was "orgy" in my opinion.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    I don't know Narwhal, maybe you should just calm down about Raven
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I could never be a moderator.

I would have to be an extremerator.

icy could add a functionality "to infract post, punch the monitor"

oh this is important

winky I was arguing with someone while you were gone

my memory says it was my ap kogmaw that caused you to punch monitor

this other person thinks they were the cause

who is right

It was Kogmaw ults.

I kept walking into Kogmaw ults as Corki.

I mean, the rest of your team wasn't helping my psychological state, though.

YESSSS

now if I could just remember who I was arguing with I could rub it in their faaaaaace

fuck : (

@skippydumptruck, was it @wazilla?
    sig.gif
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

Based on estimates and comparisons between San Andreas, RDR and the 3.5 times figure the map in 5 is going to be over twice the size of the old San Andreas map.

Which is about what I'd expect going from SA on ps2/xbox to GTA5 on ps3/360.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular

You guys Raven has beat me in 4 straight games. Or is it 5? Anyway it's terrible and some of the losses have been really bad!

Accuse her of using one of the many websites that help you cheat at words with friends.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera

Which is about what I'd expect going from SA on ps2/xbox to GTA5 on ps3/360.

It's just one thing to expect or hope for, and another to be told that, and then actually experience. Combine that with the promise of five times the pedestrian density I feel like GTA5 is going to have an incredible amount of detail and explorability. I might get it at launch now.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I played 'anal' in a game against my mom.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Greeeaaaat, a helicopter is flying over my neighborhood and there is a cop car driving through the back alleys.

• MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Accuse her of using one of the many websites that help you cheat at words with friends.

On one hand, I don't see the point of using those services.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have lost the 3rd game.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Greeeaaaat, a helicopter is flying over my neighborhood and there is a cop car driving through the back alleys.

must be tuesday
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Mortious wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

On one hand, I don't see the point of using those services.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have lost the 3rd game.

You might thinkin cheating would to a person of the feeling of superiority when beating another. In many cases you would be wrong!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Oh boy, foreign language poetry time

ちる花や
    今の小町が
    尻の跡

chiru hana ya
    ima no komachi ga
    shiri no ato
    fallen blossoms;
    the stylish woman leaves
    her butt print

That looks like small town.

Your translation is weird.

Reads to me as:
    falling blossoms(flowers);
    now in a small town;
    after the butt

Also しり tends to be おしり

Not my translation, brau

Okay, it is just weird.

Weirding me out.

Part of this is because I am doing my Japanese homework atm.

It's 19th century haiku by Issa

I daresay some conventions may have changed

along with the whole "poetic license" thing

Probably. There have been some shifts, especially in Kanji, since then.

Some of the death poetry from the 16th century I have are similar in their weird conventions.

From my (limited) understanding of haiku, there was a lot of shorthand used that makes direct translation difficult at best, especially if you look at it from a viewpoint rooted in modern Japanese usage

Like that 小町 is apparently a term that means "belle" or "beauty", according to this translator's notes, despite me (and you) looking at it and thinking "small town"
    turtlesig.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I guess I gotta drive down to the grocery store to get three Mothers' Day cards if I'm gonna send them out tomorrow. Dumb moms, inconveniencing me all the time...

which reminds me I need to figure out how to see the wedding gift registry left at stores in a different county.
    xlh6c3.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

I didn't realise you were changing your username to BeDipus
    turtlesig.jpg
    I hope this isn't a bullshot

lcfI0LH.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular

Could you use it in a sentence?

I'd like to anal this marriage.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    I'd like to analrapist this boy
    Abdhyius wrote: »

which reminds me I need to figure out how to see the wedding gift registry left at stores in a different county.

These are not the same things.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    I would like eggs anal the bacon you have
    _J_ wrote:

no it just reminded me!
    xlh6c3.png
    although I could send her a mother's day card saying GET A FUCKING MOVE ON on the inside.
    xlh6c3.png
    This is not a perianal flower but an anal one.
    _J_ wrote:

I didn't realise you were changing your username to BeDipus

It isn't necessarily a dirty word!
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I hope this isn't a bullshot

http://i.imgur.com/lcfI0LH.jpg

That looks like the first town area in Skyrim.
    Oh god I was going to mention that I still need mother's day gift ideas but I can't after the last couple posts

Because you people are gross

It's how you get mothers though.
    Oh god I was going to mention that I still need mother's day gift ideas but I can't after the last couple posts

Because you people are gross

I thought anal wasn't dirty narwhal!
    _J_ wrote:
This discussion has been closed.