Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    When I shave my beard, people stop mistaking me for a foreigner.

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

you're not one of those muhamedians are you?
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Apparently one of the people greeters go in trouble for having water. Outside. In Las Vegas. Where it is starting to get into the 90s.

What.

i was in walmart yesterday and there were so, so many disabled people. i was standing around for like half an hour while my uncle browsed blu-rays and almost every employee i saw had a physical disability.

Yeah well when you can't afford retirement Walmart will always hire you part time because you're less likely to complain about workplace environment I guess.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
    Apparently one of the people greeters go in trouble for having water. Outside. In Las Vegas. Where it is starting to get into the 90s.

What.

i was in walmart yesterday and there were so, so many disabled people. i was standing around for like half an hour while my uncle browsed blu-rays and almost every employee i saw had a physical disability.

Yeah well when you can't afford retirement Walmart will always hire you part time because you're less likely to complain about workplace environment I guess.

old? disabled? we'll work you in walmart until your body finally packs up on you

'murica
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Casual wrote: »

What.

old? disabled? we'll work you in walmart until your body finally packs up on you

'murica

70 years old with back issues? Lets make you an overnight stocker!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

My professor once joked about me being the secret mastermind of Islam's Sword.

I responded with an Allah Akhbar and an As-salamu alaykum.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i am totes gonna apply to walmart tho

need monies v.v

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

you don't happen to reside in the UK do you?

*signals MI5*
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

What.

'murica

70 years old with back issues? Lets make you an overnight stocker!

This actually happened. Guy was put into Hardware even.

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

*signals MI5*

quit faffing about, bond, you're needed
    supermarkets here tend to do the opposite

they love under 21's because they can pay them less

the only employer i know of with a well known policy of hiring older people is B&Q which is a home depot/DIY type store
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Oh shit you're on to me, I better contact the sleepers...
    Hey Vic I know you have a back bent worse than a hunchbacks but I'm going to need you to speed up putting these five gallon buckets of primer on the shelf we need you in garden to down stack bags of salt. Chop chop! /30 year old asst mgr who goes to sip a latte in the back office.
    _J_ wrote:

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

*signals MI5*

Bond is MI6
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Oh shit you're on to me, I better contact the sleepers...

haha

people have gone to prison for more obvious jokes than that

>.>
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

*signals MI5*

Bond is MI6

Which obviously doesn't exist except it obviously does the British government just likes to pretend it is a secret.
    _J_ wrote:
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I hope the smug assistant manager who just bought a new Mustang when I worked there (2009ish) wrapped his Mustang around a tree. He is the exact type you described Kagera. Late 20's, doesn't actually do anything, is a smug prick.

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

*signals MI5*

Bond is MI6

Which obviously doesn't exist except it obviously does the British government just likes to pretend it is a secret.

The existence of MI5/6 is no more a secret than the existence of the CIA is a secret. They just don't let you know who works there or what they do.

Unless of course M's wife decides to post about it on facebook.

/facedesk
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Are there MIs 1-4?
    knitdan wrote: »
    Are there MIs 1-4?

those ones are secret
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    i can barely sleep anymore

there is too much shit going on at work
    what i thought was a close co-worker in our 'unit'--ate lunch with us all the time and came out to birthday lunches, enjoyed our company, etc--was who got my officemate fired and got me pulled into HR yesterday to basically be accused of being an accessory to the "crime." Which was truly absurd and humiliating and shocking, and this temp (he's not even a permanent employee) utter lack of perspective, remorse, or even a hint of reaction to the consequences of his unthinking behavior when he could have just talked to any of us has completely upended my ability to trust him anymore. He's going to notice when I stop talking to him. Not because I want to pettily punish him (though I'd be lying if I didn't say that didn't have its place), but because I don't trust that he's not going to nurture some towering resentment against me through some imagined slight, run to HR many months down the line, and do me in like he did my officemate on a caprice

*breathe*

I'm stressed
    knitdan wrote: »
    Are there MIs 1-4?

I think those were just the predecessor agencies to the modern institution, and are simply no longer in function.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I am listening to the Great Gatsby in preparation for the movie. Good idea?
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hakks that is butts. :(
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    what was the "crime", or was it something that probably shouldn't be posted on a public forum?
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    AAAH I have a sneeze that won't come out
    Hakkekage wrote: »

what i thought was a close co-worker in our 'unit'--ate lunch with us all the time and came out to birthday lunches, enjoyed our company, etc--was who got my officemate fired and got me pulled into HR yesterday to basically be accused of being an accessory to the "crime." Which was truly absurd and humiliating and shocking, and this temp (he's not even a permanent employee) utter lack of perspective, remorse, or even a hint of reaction to the consequences of his unthinking behavior when he could have just talked to any of us has completely upended my ability to trust him anymore. He's going to notice when I stop talking to him. Not because I want to pettily punish him (though I'd be lying if I didn't say that didn't have its place), but because I don't trust that he's not going to nurture some towering resentment against me through some imagined slight, run to HR many months down the line, and do me in like he did my officemate on a caprice

*breathe*

I'm stressed

are you kidding me? dude's a fucking temp and he did this?

you wreck his shit

you wreck it good

the gloves are off
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

*signals MI5*

Bond is MI6

oh, you're just gonna embarrass me in front of our friends?

*puts on rings*

get in the car
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

*breathe*

I'm stressed

This is suck.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...

True Story:

*signals MI5*

Bond is MI6

oh, you're just gonna embarrass me in front of our friends?

*puts on rings*

get in the car

s-s-sorry organichu-san

it won't happen again

*bows*
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Yeah RMS it pretty much is

it is also only like 50% of all the issues that are currently stressing me out right now

I just want to know what this kind of thing, which honestly feels like a personal betrayal--anyone who has felt this knows how awful that is--isn't something I need to be jaded of for jobs in general. This seems pretty extraordinary to me--while perhaps not uncommon, still undeserving of a stoic "Well that's what office life is like, get used to it!"
    edited May 2013
    Tav wrote: »
    what was the "crime", or was it something that probably shouldn't be posted on a public forum?

It was a minor and isolated incident that not only occurred 7 months ago but had, I thought, been personally resolved by the two of them (they did that adult thing where they talk to each other). Nothing of the sort was ever repeated and a "pattern of behavior," I thought at least, had definitely not been established. Nothing freaking happened to trigger the temp to go to HR. Nothing. And it's even more galling to think that barely a week before he evidently did go, he was out with us for my officemate's birthday lunch. Out with us, happily, I thought.

It all feels very 30 Pieces of Silver
    Hakkekage on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Snitches get stitches for being punk bitches.
    Not that I'm saying you should cut him.
    Although I'm not saying you shouldn't either.
    But yeah it would probably be a bad idea.
    evilbob on

it is also only like 50% of all the issues that are currently stressing me out right now

I just want to know what this kind of thing, which honestly feels like a personal betrayal--anyone who has felt this knows how awful that is--isn't something I need to be jaded of for jobs in general. This seems pretty extraordinary to me--while perhaps not uncommon, still undeserving of a stoic "Well that's what office life is like, get used to it!"

Ehhhhh it is and it isn't. It's the sort of thing you will come across from time to time, but not necessarily on a regular basis.

I don't think you're wrong to be extremely put out by it, I would be. In fact if it were me I would be watching him like a hawk for the slightest slip up so I could fucking end him. I would be making his life unpleasant until he quits. But that's just me, I'm kind of a vindictive asshole about these things.
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Grownups do the darndest things.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

I mean, do you want the truth? :-/
    MadCaddy on
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy

*breathe*

I'm stressed

you wreck his shit

you wreck it good

the gloves are off

I wish, but that is the raw and recent anger talking :( I can't do anything, not that I even want to. He's a naive catspaw and he just isn't very bright. I just can't talk to him or really be around him as much as I can help it anymore. It sounds very High School and all but I am legitimately concerned that he is capable of nursing vendettas on a whim.
    edited May 2013
    some people have HR on speed-dial because they want to indemnify themselves against potential consequences. for others, though, it is just spite and vindictiveness.

of course you get the occasional 'zealous employee' who thinks in grandiose terms about owing their employer and how the employer 'deserves' to know every little thing (i.e. reporting someone for low productivity not because you might get in trouble for team numbers or because you have to handle the slacker's workload... but out of some moralistic sense of outrage that the company's getting 'cheated'). that last type is a real doozy and by far the most surreal to deal with.
    Organichu on

*breathe*

I'm stressed

you wreck his shit

you wreck it good

the gloves are off

I wish, but that is the raw and recent anger talking :( I can't do anything, not that I even want to. He's a naive catspaw and he just isn't very bright. I just can't talk to him or really be around him as much as I can help it anymore. It sounds very High School and all but I am legitimately concerned that he is capable of nursing vendettas on a whim.

yeah he clearly is

which is why i would be looking for some ammo for the next time he tries to pull a stunt like that
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    MadCaddy wrote: »

I mean, do you want the truth? :-/

Hahaha trust me I am capable of being as hyperbolically resentful of my office and stretching that out to include pretty much any place of work at a big company

but I can see the other departments humming along just fine. It's just mine that has been torn asunder by the combination of weak personalities and insecurity.
This discussion has been closed.