Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh god i want to fast forward 3 years so badly

I too desire a post-apocalyptic landscape after the cleansing fires of nuclear death level the Earth in 2015.

wait, are you telling me that by the time i graduate, begin my career, and get my own place... all the yuppie restaurants and art house theaters and bars-full-of-big-tittied-women will be ashes?

kill me now, make it merciful;
    yuppie restaurant -> cannibal soup kitchen
    art house theatre -> now run by crazed psychopath with unwilling human 'exhibits'
    bars-full-of-big-titted-women -> All woman mad max style motorcycle gang called the Valkyries.
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    this thunderstorm bullshit is bullshit

no u

ur face
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I always feel much cuter at like 4 AM.

I want to know if that's because something happens with the blood in my face or if I am sleep drunk.

Also if sleep drunk me is more accurate than regular type me.
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Sorry, Chu. It's been on the schedule for ages. 2014, Second Coming, 2015, Apocalypse and a thousand years of suffering.

Yeah, you know what they say, "2015, time to stick it to those uppity programmers and turn the bars full of big-tittied women to ashes in your mouth"
    eokNV.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I want to know if that's because something happens with the blood in my face or if I am sleep drunk.

Ain't nothing to lose by assuming the last premise as fact WRT your cuteness.

I wouldn't apply that standard to

driving ability? But perception of self-cuteness is a thing that can generally benefit from taking the highest possible value.
    eokNV.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    I reading about potential trouble Avengers 2 might be in, goddamn that is a fucked up situation.
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    I reading about potential trouble Avengers 2 might be in, goddamn that is a fucked up situation.

Link?
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    I'm fucking OLD. So I don't need to sleep any more. Like, I normally don't get much more than 5 hours. Is lame-ish.

i would literally be pooping myself if i got ~5hrs on a regular basis

You really shouldn't drink that much coffee.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Well the Federation are a bunch of do gooing nerds
    SC2 : nexuscrawler.381
    TL DR wrote: »

Ain't nothing to lose by assuming the last premise as fact WRT your cuteness.

I wouldn't apply that standard to

driving ability? But perception of self-cuteness is a thing that can generally benefit from taking the highest possible value.

Yeah that's actually kind of my thought pattern.

Like I am impaired since I just woke up and also am tired and not getting enough sleep. Ain't no question about that. But... normally when I look at myself I've got so much random psychological shit and pessimism and self hatred mixed in. You can't look at yourself without putting a thousand neuroses into what you see. You can't see yourself how others see you.

So it's honestly entirely possible that being impaired makes this more accurate, since being impaired really means losing most of the random bias that an alert brain would have.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I'm fucking OLD. So I don't need to sleep any more. Like, I normally don't get much more than 5 hours. Is lame-ish.

i would literally be pooping myself if i got ~5hrs on a regular basis

You really shouldn't drink that much coffee.
    i don't drink much coffee

my digestive system just
    stops functioning when i don't get enough sleep
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

Link?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

to sum it up

Marvel not wanting to pony up the cash to pay the people who made it big
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    HR can be terrible and I certainly have been back stabbed by one personally at my first real job but from the other side they can be pretty useful.

If you have lots of employees who are the normal range of people -then there will be lots of small issues that come up that need to be managed, from minor personality conflicts through to really nasty issues. Often that require long term management (in the UK or NZ anyway). Either you do it yourself and not focus on your real job or you get someone to do it for you.

Then once you have them you give them other relevant tasks and next thing you know you have systems or processes for Africa and all you really wanted was someone to deal with the nutters.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

Link?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

to sum it up

I think once you're earning millions of dollars a movie, there's no real way you can claim you deserve X because you did Y.

You're lucky, you're making huge amounts of money, and you should either do the movies that you want or not.

Negotiating like, 'I am worth $45 million to this company, not $35 million' may be factually true, but it doesn't make me think very much of the person saying it.

I'm not saying Marvel come out of that story well, but they're a multinational company who already have a bad reputation.
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
    edited May 2013

to sum it up

Aside from Robert Downey Jr, who is so amazing and identified with their role they couldn't be recast? Sam Jackson, maybe. Sure, pony up a decent wodge of cash for the actors, but it's not like the cast can swan about thinking each of them is irreplaceable. I doubt this is anything that's going to derail the movie.

As Ed Norton found out.
    Bogart on
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i'm not pro-marvel or anything but i laughed really hard at whedon talking about 'middle class actors'. what a joke. if someone is a draw then ok, pay them a sickening amount of money. if i were scarlet johansson or chris hemsworth i probably would make noise and try to make more than i'm getting because money is awesome.

but calling someone who gets say, 1.2m a picture instead of 5m a picture, 'middle class'... is just amazing
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat]!

I woke up at 7am on my day off.

Though I guess I got a solid 7 hours of sleep.

Still. What to do?
    I was lying on the couch and my dad walked by and I complained about insomnia. He came by and patted the cat and me, except I was under the covers so he couldn't see and patted my chest.

FUCKING AWKWARD.

Also painful.
    You could recast any of the main cast except Iron Man and Nick Fury and I don't think it would be too jarring. Or just leave one or two out and add in Luke Cage, Quicksilver or whoever and it's all good.

95% of the cast would have a hard time justifying a massive salary increase based on their box office pull.
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Good morning [chat]!

Still. What to do?

Masturbate?
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Boo. I think my project has been killed.
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Good morning [chat]!

Still. What to do?

Masturbate?

I am sure this has already been considered and done, several times.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Good morning [chat]!

Still. What to do?

Masturbate?

Procrasturbate.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Woah, wtf. Game Informer says the map in GTA5 is 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption??

Sounds about right for San Andreas.

Based on estimates and comparisons between San Andreas, RDR and the 3.5 times figure the map in 5 is going to be over twice the size of the old San Andreas map.

Which is about what I'd expect going from SA on ps2/xbox to GTA5 on ps3/360.

It's just one thing to expect or hope for, and another to be told that, and then actually experience. Combine that with the promise of five times the pedestrian density I feel like GTA5 is going to have an incredible amount of detail and explorability. I might get it at launch now.

I'm still pretty surprised by how detailed GTA5 on PC is already. It can get even moreso when you factor in mods to do things like increase traffic and pedestrian density and improve some of the in-game visual effects.

I still find it pretty crazy when I run up to surfaces and find the textures really crazy detailed, and then realize they're also fully bump-mapped. 'Course, there's also a substantial performance hit getting that level of detail with lots of models and physics on-screen at once.
    network_sig2.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Link?

to sum it up

“Some received only $200,000 for Avengers and Downey got paid $50M. On what planet is that OK?”
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    The new US ambassador that yelled about Game of Thrones piracy on his first day on the job was a copyright lawyer? WHY I NEVER.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    tv news talking about being able to 3D print guns.

pretty sure i heard about that like two years ago on the internet. damn this stuff is slow.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat]!

Still. What to do?

Masturbate?

go back to sleep for three more hours?
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat]!

Still. What to do?

Masturbate?

Negative. Medication makes it, uh, more difficult for Mr. Happy to be happy >_>

Which, uh, makes that activity more of a time commitment than I'm willing to give it most of the time ...

Yay! Early morning TMI! Good morning [chat]ters who are just waking up, this post is about my penis!
    Echo wrote: »
    The new US ambassador that yelled about Game of Thrones piracy on his first day on the job was a copyright lawyer? WHY I NEVER.

HBO's own attitude toward it is pretty progressive. They seem to realize that not every single download = a potential sale, and that more people watching a show = more buzz/word-of-mouth. They also admit that it's basically their own fault given how many people were perfectly willing to pay for something like a season pass to HBO GO just for GoT (ie. me), and are apparently working out a way to make that happen.
    network_sig2.png
    Good morning [chat]!

Still. What to do?

Masturbate?

Negative. Medication makes it, uh, more difficult for Mr. Happy to be happy >_>

Which, uh, makes that activity more of a time commitment than I'm willing to give it most of the time ...

Yay! Early morning TMI! Good morning [chat]ters who are just waking up, this post is about my penis!

Look if I can do it after half-castrating myself with estrogen, you can do it with your meds!

Use a belt sander if you have to! Get that friction going!
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular

to sum it up

Aside from Robert Downey Jr, who is so amazing and identified with their role they couldn't be recast? Sam Jackson, maybe. Sure, pony up a decent wodge of cash for the actors, but it's not like the cast can swan about thinking each of them is irreplaceable. I doubt this is anything that's going to derail the movie.

As Ed Norton found out.

Unfortunately IM3 SPOILERS
    RDJ is also the easiest to not have appear in Avengers 2, since IM3 had so much closure for him. Like I'd be totally comfortable with Rhodey taking his spot in future Avengers movies, and think that's a better solution than recasting Tony Stark.
    camo_sig2.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so the skin in the place below my eyes. where all of my tears have been accumulating.

is getting rough, irritated, and kind of for lack of a better word crusty.

what should I do other than stop crying.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
    Also that side effect sucks and I am sorry you have it.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I decided to come to the gym

This was a bad decision

I feel terrible

| Steam & XBL: Shazkar |

Meh, it's not so bad ...

Just different. I have so much time now! :P

The couple of days I took Vyvanse, my Little Friend* seemed to wanna turtle up and hide. He seemed to work fine when it got to Crunch Time, but was otherwise generally MIA.

*Read: My enormous 12-inch-and-girthy friend. >_>
    network_sig2.png

Meh, it's not so bad ...

Just different. I have so much time now! :P

Wait which side effect are we talking about here, anorgasmia or decreased libido?
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular

Real talk

I liked that

Now I ain't on SSRIs no more I kinda miss it. D:
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.