Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    at job

very unhappy

fuck everything

hey did your district just elect mark sanford

yeah

that's what I thought

Fuck.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Also that side effect sucks and I am sorry you have it.

The couple of days I took Vyvanse, my Little Friend* seemed to wanna turtle up and hide. He seemed to work fine when it got to Crunch Time, but was otherwise generally MIA.

*Read: My enormous 12-inch-and-girthy friend. >_>

Same thing happened to me while I took vyvanse.

Then I thought it was ED and then it got all psychosomatic and then blahblahblah.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    I'm basically just annoyed

in hopefully better news I'm guessing everyone plays on Beholder in Neverwinter?
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    So I ran out of 5-Hour Energy yesterday (I buy them in wholesale 24-packs). Basically the whole day I had a low-grade headache, felt really lethargic, and was walking around with bloodshot eyes. These symptoms may have been completely unrelated to the lack of 5-Hour Energy.

But it doesn't matter because I went out yesterday and bought summore because it terrified me at the prospect of having to quit caffeine cold turkey.

at this point im weighing up the pros and cons of taking a can of monster to work with me every day

Pros: I'll be able to function

Cons: It is extremly bad to drink that much of it and I'll become dependant on it to function

Your baseline will shift to being on caffeine the whole time, unfortunately.

i could be suffering the fallout from my LAN weekend

i had a can of monster every day for three days in a row

stayed up pretty late too

plus there was all the excitement of my buddy breaking his leg and me having to get him to the hospital and hang around there until midnight

perhaps im just too old for this shit

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/badge/oldasfuck

Aaahahah, that's the best badger. Is it like 10 year anniversary or something?
    camo_sig2.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

to sum it up

Marvel not wanting to pony up the cash to pay the people who made it big

Aside from Robert Downey Jr, who is so amazing and identified with their role they couldn't be recast? Sam Jackson, maybe. Sure, pony up a decent wodge of cash for the actors, but it's not like the cast can swan about thinking each of them is irreplaceable. I doubt this is anything that's going to derail the movie.

As Ed Norton found out.

Unfortunately IM3 SPOILERS
    RDJ is also the easiest to not have appear in Avengers 2, since IM3 had so much closure for him. Like I'd be totally comfortable with Rhodey taking his spot in future Avengers movies, and think that's a better solution than recasting Tony Stark.

Really the end of the movie actually points to
    Tony possibly researching extremis and the Bleeding Edge Armor, probably not but it would make my nerd boner all excited

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    at job

very unhappy

fuck everything

hey did your district just elect mark sanford

yeah

that's what I thought

Fuck.

I ain't getting into an oppression olympics
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    So I ran out of 5-Hour Energy yesterday (I buy them in wholesale 24-packs). Basically the whole day I had a low-grade headache, felt really lethargic, and was walking around with bloodshot eyes. These symptoms may have been completely unrelated to the lack of 5-Hour Energy.

But it doesn't matter because I went out yesterday and bought summore because it terrified me at the prospect of having to quit caffeine cold turkey.

at this point im weighing up the pros and cons of taking a can of monster to work with me every day

Cons: It is extremly bad to drink that much of it and I'll become dependant on it to function

plus there was all the excitement of my buddy breaking his leg and me having to get him to the hospital and hang around there until midnight

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

Aaahahah, that's the best badger. Is it like 10 year anniversary or something?

Ceres is only eight and she has it.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    the amount of eye crust advice i've received is disheartening.

going to try dabbing the area with freshly spilled blood of a recently suckled calf. wish me luck.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Some received only $200,000 for Avengers and Downey got paid $50M. On what planet is that OK

Let's be fair, no one went to see The Avengers because they thought Jeremy Renner was such a great Hawkeye.

Edit: And
    one rep still can’;t believe Marvel offered “only a $500,000 raise and then would pay another $500,000 when the movie hits $500M. Are they out of their minds?”

Jesus, I know good actors work ridiculously hard, but the idea of being unimpressed with only a half million dollar raise is so alien to me.
    Solomaxwell6 on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?

By being a crusty old man, duh
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I don't think my body is actually capable of functioning any more
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    why do y'all need energy drinks

I need a reverse-energy drink. That's why I take melatonin before going to bed. Otherwise my brain will just keep going on full steam.

I have a similar problem, and find that the white noise of people talking helps turn off my brain for whatever reason.

So I listen to podcasts.
    network_sig2.png
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Don't get your knickers in a twist over this avengers contract stuff. This is bog standard jockeying for position. RDJ ain't gonna walk away from Tony Stark.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

to sum it up

Marvel not wanting to pony up the cash to pay the people who made it big

Aside from Robert Downey Jr, who is so amazing and identified with their role they couldn't be recast? Sam Jackson, maybe. Sure, pony up a decent wodge of cash for the actors, but it's not like the cast can swan about thinking each of them is irreplaceable. I doubt this is anything that's going to derail the movie.

As Ed Norton found out.

Unfortunately IM3 SPOILERS
    RDJ is also the easiest to not have appear in Avengers 2, since IM3 had so much closure for him. Like I'd be totally comfortable with Rhodey taking his spot in future Avengers movies, and think that's a better solution than recasting Tony Stark.

Really the end of the movie actually points to
    Tony possibly researching extremis and the Bleeding Edge Armor, probably not but it would make my nerd boner all excited

IM3 SHPOILERS
    While they had all that closure they made sure to tell the audience that IM would be back. I would guess specifically because they realized that it seemed like he may not be.
    archer2.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?

Then how come I don't have one?
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited May 2013
    And personally, since I am not genuinely worried about RDJ, the biggest loss for me would be Ruffalo. God Damn he's a good Bruce Banner
    Ludious on
    edited May 2013
    Some received only $200,000 for Avengers and Downey got paid $50M. On what planet is that OK

Let's be fair, no one went to see The Avengers because they thought Jeremy Renner was such a great Hawkeye.

one rep still can’;t believe Marvel offered “only a $500,000 raise and then would pay another $500,000 when the movie hits $500M. Are they out of their minds?”

Jesus, I know good actors work ridiculously hard, but the idea of being unimpressed with only a half million dollar raise is so alien to me.

It's all relative. I mean, just because you or I would be happy making $50-75k a year doesn't mean someone else has no right to demand more for whatever it is they do, regardless of how "hard" you or I think their job is.

EDIT: But yeah, Hollywood (and really, the highest ends of any profession) are a pretty alien landscape in terms of compensation.
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
    On what planet is that OK? It's called Planet RDJ-has-most-of-the-star-power.

See: Iron Man 3 pulling a scant tad less than Avengers and only featuring one Avenger.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    936343_10151509625769213_762136414_n.png

someone I know who is a musician just posted this:
    NEW DRESS CODE:

If you attend a show at which Morrison's Prophecy is appearing and are wearing Abercrombe and Fitch merchandise, your money will be refunded and you will be asked to leave.

Likewise, if you ask for a photo with me, I will only agree to do so if you are not wearing A&F. This is not a "goth" thing. This is because A&F propagate body issues among teenagers and i REFUSE to be even peripherally associated with them.
    Okay - I really like my cargo shorts from them... but I think it is high time to fucking retire them and find a company that doesn't make my skin fucking crawl.
    meat.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

Its not how much money they make as much it is how much money Marvel/Disney makes. Like for them to try to say Avengers needed 1.1b to break even is absolute bullshit.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?

Because you're a smooth old man!

see: page 57
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Synd wears cargo shorts 0_0
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    It's getting to the point with you people where no kind of short is OK. The least coast privilege is staggering. I invite you to try your shortless living in 100 degree 99% humidity areas.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Synd wears cargo shorts 0_0
    They are fantastic around the house or walk to the bodega pants.

Or summer picnic wear.

But like, they are on the bottom of my casual to formal totem pole.
    meat.jpg
    Mim wrote: »

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?

lol Thanks Mim!

Haven't heard much from your since you've been back. How is civilian life treating you?
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Jorts are only acceptable shorts
    G2Dcf.jpg
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Jorts are only acceptable shorts
    The only acceptable jorts are the jorts you make yourself with scissors or an xacto knife.
    meat.jpg
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I bought some nice shorts are I can confirm that nice shorts are def good.
    vspgsp.jpg
    Ludious wrote: »
    It's getting to the point with you people where no kind of short is OK. The least coast privilege is staggering. I invite you to try your shortless living in 100 degree 99% humidity areas.

Near as I can tell, this is basically the dress code for college campuses in Miami. Cargo shorts + flip-flops + polo + pooka-shell necklace.

Or maybe I'm confusing that with the Bro uniform. Or maybe everyone at the campuses I've been on are Bros.

I must retreat to the Bat Cave to think summore on the sociological causalities of this attire.
    network_sig2.png
    I have nice shorts
    I bought some last year and ditched my cargo shorts

Tho wearing shorts to work is kind of iffy so they're only really for weekends

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?

lol Thanks Mim!

Haven't heard much from your since you've been back. How is civilian life treating you?

Besides getting the boyfriend, everything has been a little bit frustrating in regards to finances (unemployment turned me down) and pain levels (legs still keeping me from walking long distances). I'm supposed to be in contact with everyone and all my mind wants to do is veg out because I've been cooped up in several compartments with anywhere from 44 to 120 girls at any given time.

So, you should hear from me soon once my mind gets used to the quiet. I still have dreams/nightmares I'm still back in boot camp.
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    936343_10151509625769213_762136414_n.png

someone I know who is a musician just posted this:
    NEW DRESS CODE:

If you attend a show at which Morrison's Prophecy is appearing and are wearing Abercrombe and Fitch merchandise, your money will be refunded and you will be asked to leave.

Likewise, if you ask for a photo with me, I will only agree to do so if you are not wearing A&F. This is not a "goth" thing. This is because A&F propagate body issues among teenagers and i REFUSE to be even peripherally associated with them.
    Okay - I really like my cargo shorts from them... but I think it is high time to fucking retire them and find a company that doesn't make my skin fucking crawl.

I still have a bunch of sweaters from A&F from back before they underwent their big make-over in the 90s. Really great, high quality garments that've lasted forever. They don't even make stuff like that anymore. My dad remembers when you could buy shotguns and fishing tackle at A&F stores.
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
    FYI I had a shitty workout and was feeling like shit when I woke up and it's raining so much that there are rivers in the subway stations and I'm gonna be late for work

But I'm still glad I went to the gym
    I have nice shorts
    I bought some last year and ditched my cargo shorts

Tho wearing shorts to work is kind of iffy so they're only really for weekends

Oh, I will never show up to a client with my magnificent calves on display. In the summer there are plenty of breathable suits to wear.

I've had these two pairs of A&F Cargo shorts for years now, and they have remained intact and undamaged despite some abuse. It's a shame the company is so vile; they have a way with stitching and fabric selection.
    meat.jpg

Battle+Los+Angeles+6.jpg

How did you get that?

lol Thanks Mim!

Besides getting the boyfriend, everything has been a little bit frustrating in regards to finances (unemployment turned me down) and pain levels (legs still keeping me from walking long distances). I'm supposed to be in contact with everyone and all my mind wants to do is veg out because I've been cooped up in several compartments with anywhere from 44 to 120 girls at any given time.

So, you should hear from me soon once my mind gets used to the quiet. I still have dreams/nightmares I'm still back in boot camp.

Pain and nightmare from bootcamp? :S I had no idea it was that bad.

I saw the boyfriend thing go up on Facebook though, congrats again!

I'll save you a seat at the strip club for when you're ready to go out again!
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    also, i've been watching a lot of porn. like a crazy, stupid amount.

I was so hard up for porn, I even read bits of "50 Shades of Grey" while in separations.
    I've only ever been inside an A&F store once
    Never bought anything
    It was for the tooly kids
    Mim ur weerd
    Ily
This discussion has been closed.